UnevenEdge

How did you all know to come here?

Judy

Well, I'm glad there is forum, now...I was really bummed, I mean, I know I wasn't really posting much...but 2003 to now is a long time for anything, especially in the realm of the interwebs, where things go to shit quickly.

13+ years, it's hard not to be attached. I'm glad there's some familiar faces here.

I mean, I had KidneyPunch tell me almost a year later like a week ago, via Steam, that this was the sorta ASMB place...but was there some announcement on the old boards before they shut down?

i

at first Luuv just secretly PMed all the non-troll users on the asmb about this place(that's how I found out about it)

but then the artist formerly known as Naraku4656, like a dick, posted a thread about it inviting all the trolls to come ruin this place like they did the ASMB

and no there was no announcement, Luuv wouldn't even tell us why migrating off the ASMB was necessary in his messages

at first Luuv just secretly PMed all the non-troll users on the asmb about this place(that's how I found out about it)

but then Naraku, like a dick, posted a thread about it inviting all the trolls to come ruin this place like they did the ASMB

and no there was no announcement, Luuv wouldn't even tell us why migrating off the ASMB was necessary in his messages

I didn't do that.  :|

JMC asked me if I wanted to help him make a message board in October, but because I had started a new job at the exact same time I've been pretty hands off until the past couple weeks.

It was just three or four of us at first as he was setting it up and asking for advice/opinions, and then he started privately inviting people in small waves until it went public on ASMB. Once the board is set up the way he wants it and he has more time and energy I think his plan is to start inviting and asking us to invite non-ASMB people so it can grow into its own thing.

I didn't realize it would fall into the role of a literal replacement for ASMB until it happened.

Word spread around on FB when the asmb initially got deleted and we had to go to the staging boards.

Although, I've know that Luuv made a forum since before that happened.  I just never went to it.

A link also got posted to the adult swim subreddit.

I think Luuv shot me a PM well before the original board death (did he set it up before NodeBB even?), but I didn't give it more than a cursory glance at the time.  I finally started lurking for real when the boards came down and before the staging link got passed around.

but then the artist formerly known as Naraku4656, like a dick, posted a thread about it inviting all the trolls to come ruin this place like they did the ASMB

All of this is incorrect

Guest The Hound

All of this is incorrect

It's all incorrect, but I've got the actual real story:

Running his own forum was an idea Luuv was running for awhile. When things started to get bad on NodeBB... let's say about 4-6 months into the upgrade... I PM'd him asking him about starting a separate forum and inviting everyone. Turns out he already had the idea so my message to him was slightly pointless. i guess the process was sped up though, as he made a proboard forum only two or so months later. I had already ran the idea of me, K_N, and baal handing the dirty naughty bits of the forum software we used, but I'm pretty sure Baal has no interest.

Guest The Hound

Word spread around on FB when the asmb initially got deleted and we had to go to the staging boards.

Although, I've know that Luuv made a forum since before that happened.  I just never went to it.

A link also got posted to the adult swim subreddit.

CTFU, I stumbled upon that post on reddit the other day.

i slopped together a message board on the zetaboards platform back in like april, when it became obvious that the nodebb experiment was going to be a colossal failure (the mod-everyone situation perhaps? can't recall). pushed it for about an hour, and picked up like 3 users. then the boards started functioning like normal again, and i let it slide. kept my boards up though, just in case the asmb died and people wanted a place to go. then when i got the pm about this side project, i abandoned all hope for my little pet. it's still alive, but i haven't updated it since maybe october / november.

it was pretty cool, i had it all murdered out (lol is that still even in the lexicon?) and managed to strip out all the extraneous bits except for their required banner ads. got it attached to a custom url and everything. what a fucking waste of time! oh well, this place has better aesthetics and *a lot* more traffic anyways.

what happened to crapshot?

i know farnsworth kinda bailed after he was called a racist or something in one thread

Farnsworth started appearing less and then just left after becoming the first one to obtain the Almighty rank, because he realized 8 years of his life was wasted on 130,000 posts.

Crapshot/apothiss disappeared around 2014, after he got into an extremely heated argument with Slyfoxx.

It's funny because both of them were called out as racists on several occasions. But I think that's too harsh; they're just socially inept and stupid. Hence the reason I found both of them being insufferable.

Crapshot was a turbo autist with pleb tastes and Farnsworth was a faggot horse-fucker with pleb tastes too. Glad they're both gone.

JMC asked me if I wanted to help him make a message board in October, but because I had started a new job at the exact same time I've been pretty hands off until the past couple weeks.

It was just three or four of us at first as he was setting it up and asking for advice/opinions, and then he started privately inviting people in small waves until it went public on ASMB. Once the board is set up the way he wants it and he has more time and energy I think his plan is to start inviting and asking us to invite non-ASMB people so it can grow into its own thing.

I didn't realize it would fall into the role of a literal replacement for ASMB until it happened.

Yeah this.

basically - like it was going to be a media board.  ish - thing.  I wanted to do some weird stuff too. 

but I was looking for tester types that I could test stuff out on.  I wasn't attempting to replace the board.  In fact, I think the message I usually sent went something like "this is not 'instead of' the ASMB, I plan on being on ASMB as much as I always am, this is just an extra thing".

and I wasn't just saying that, I actually meant that.

I had no idea the ASMB would fold as I was putting this together.  In fact, I think possibly most of you knew about it before I did.  Because it was gone awhile before I logged on that day and there was no board.  I went to the backend mod board and Drew was like "oh nobody told you guys?".

Yeah this.

basically - like it was going to be a media board.  ish - thing.  I wanted to do some weird stuff too. 

but I was looking for tester types that I could test stuff out on.  I wasn't attempting to replace the board.  In fact, I think the message I usually sent went something like "this is not 'instead of' the ASMB, I plan on being on ASMB as much as I always am, this is just an extra thing".

and I wasn't just saying that, I actually meant that.

I had no idea the ASMB would fold as I was putting this together.  In fact, I think possibly most of you knew about it before I did.  Because it was gone awhile before I logged on that day and there was no board.  I went to the backend mod board and Drew was like "oh nobody told you guys?".

curiosity killed the cat on this question but did you ever take a screenshot of the mod board on lithium? i've always wanted to see what the old one looked like.

Luuv made this place before they got shut down because the admins cared nothing for us and Luuv could only do so much to make it better so he made this as sort of another place. This was not to take the place of the ASMB but it did when shortly later they killed the ASMB. I was invited here by Luuv a few weeks before that happened.

It's all good, I wasn't trying the say that this was the place to go instead of ASMB, I was just curious how all the ASMBers got here, and now I know.

About a week or two ago, I tried logging into the actual ASMB, only to find AS and no MB...no record, no nothing, completely obliterated. My stomach sank, as I said, I know I wasn't posting much at that point, but 13 years, man, that's a long as time for anything, let alone interacting with other human beings.

I don't even care if it was meant to replace ASMB, I'm just glad some of us are here.

It's all good, I wasn't trying the say that this was the place to go instead of ASMB, I was just curious how all the ASMBers got here, and now I know.

About a week or two ago, I tried logging into the actual ASMB, only to find AS and no MB...no record, no nothing, completely obliterated. My stomach sank, as I said, I know I wasn't posting much at that point, but 13 years, man, that's a long as time for anything, let alone interacting with other human beings.

I don't even care if it was meant to replace ASMB, I'm just glad some of us are here.

Lol, your stomach sank?

Well, yeah, I thought about the thousands of us on there and how I had only come across most of you via the ASMB. In those 13 years, for better or for worse, I made some friends.

Thinking about all those people I'd never have an interaction with again made my stomach sink.

I mean, I met a real person from the ASMB...she was completely nuts, but hey, I wouldn't have known that or her if it weren't for the boards. Same with when Odin started his TinyChat room, talking to many people in real time, face to face...

I dunno, I guess I left the ASMB with a lot unsaid and undone and I always expected it to be there, waiting for me, at my whim...and when it was gone, I realized I wouldn't ever get to speak my peace.