11 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

*sitting President is a practicing Catholic*

"Democrats hate religious people!!!1"

It’s always that way 

*THE LEFT CANCELS PEOPLE THEY CANCELED DAVE CHAPELLE*

Meanwhile in reality 

DAVE CHAPELLE NOMINATED FOR EMMYS BEHIND NETFLIX SPECIAL 

DAVE CHAPELLE TO HOST SNL 

what happened I thought he was canceled?

clowns the entire lot of them 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

No one stops them from practicing they know this. They know the fight is because they try to control others based off their religious beliefs.  They need to be persecuted for some reason. It’s sexy to them 

Makes 'em more like Jesus. Or, y'know, their version of Jesus.

But really tho, they're probably just self aware enough to know that younger generations increasingly turn away from religion, but not aware enough to consider that it might just be a problem with the religion itself (or at least modern presentations of it) that turns people off. Plus a little bit probably of people in power want there to be more religious followers because they're (probably) easier to manipulate..

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Makes 'em more like Jesus. Or, y'know, their version of Jesus.

But really tho, they're probably just self aware enough to know that younger generations increasingly turn away from religion, but not aware enough to consider that it might just be a problem with the religion itself (or at least modern presentations of it) that turns people off. Plus a little bit probably of people in power want there to be more religious followers because they're (probably) easier to manipulate..

Religious people are way easier to manipulate and the way they’ve been trying to screw up education, particularly higher education, they’re trying to stupidify the population. A dumb, overly zealous, religious population is even easier to control 

• Like 1

It begins!

DeSantis holds a lead in the first post midterm primary poll. This really isnt all that shocking. With the amount of hate thrown at Trump since the midterms its pretty clear that a majority in the GOP want to move on from him. The only question at this point is how ugly will the civil war truly be. Trump wont go down quietly, but his antics also increasingly turn off the GOP base.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SwimModSponges said:

Crazy how an armed insurrection attempting to overthrow democracy, stealing nuclear secrets, and general treason weren't the antics that turned them off.

"Can't we be racist and sexist in private again?

Nah, genie is out of the bottle. You've pissed off the youth vote and brought them out in force against you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwimModSponges said:

Crazy how an armed insurrection attempting to overthrow democracy, stealing nuclear secrets, and general treason weren't the antics that turned them off.

I think the implication is that those factors did, in fact, turn off some voters.  It just encouraged them to vote a different way rather than not vote at all.

8 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Lets take the election out of the equation for a second and purely focus on Trump- what specific action did he take between october and now that caused conservatives to go from being 100% pro-trump to now no longer defending him?

Yes, lets put it in a vacuum so you can say your opinion is the truth.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Lets take the election out of the equation for a second and purely focus on Trump- what specific action did he take between october and now that caused conservatives to go from being 100% pro-trump to now no longer defending him?

He actively funneled money away from as many of the campaigns as he possibly could which all the various party turds thought he'd use to support actual candidates but he proceeded to keep it all for himself while charging them even more for his personal appearances. 

If he couldn't bankrupt the USA, he'll bankrupt the party that kisses his ass the most. 

• Like 1

Just now, SwimModSponges said:

Nope, no opinion, y'all know i don't need an excuse to share one of them.

Katt's explanation is ok, i know ive heard rumblings about it before, but even then there wasn't this "abandon trump" narrative over it.

@Ginguy i want to know exactly when and why you became a nevertrumper.

If everything had gone according to 'plan' and there had been a red wave, it wouldn't have mattered that fat boy has been taking all the moneys because they'd still be in charge of all the things. But now that his big brain ideas / candidates failed, it's buyer's remorse all around. 

2 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

I don't think you can take the election out of the equation.  The point of being a political boss is to win races.  Polls outside of that election mean nothing.

To put it another way, the single "action" he took was to fail at getting enough wins.

• Like 2

I hope DeSantis wins the primaries and Trump runs anyway as a third party candidate 

it’ll never happen though Trump would threaten to do it but he probably wouldn’t in the end. 

a lot can happen in the next couple of years darlings today can easily be pariahs by election  and Vice versa 

I’m enjoying watching the conservative meltdown and their screeches to lock Trump up though it’s cute. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

You can’t take the election out of the equation because that’s the reason people started turning on him. First he attacked DeSantis 2 days before an election and people love DeSantis. That started the attacks and Trump tried to back pedal but it was too late. I think Trump got his feelings hurt cuz Ron didn’t invite him to a rally and then on Election Day when republicans didn’t do as well as expected including a number of Trump endorsed candidates that lost, shit hit the fan. Trump went on several anti DeSantis rants that included questionable statements about possible election tampering after that it turned into the shit show we are now seeing 

conservatives knew Trump’s behavior was never acceptable they just loved it because it was funny to them. It allowed people to feel ok behaving in awful ways. Trump attacking his own caused an uproar  that was the change he attacked the wrong person 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I hope DeSantis wins the primaries and Trump runs anyway as a third party candidate 

it’ll never happen though Trump would threaten to do it but he probably wouldn’t in the end. 

a lot can happen in the next couple of years darlings today can easily be pariahs by election  and Vice versa 

I’m enjoying watching the conservative meltdown and their screeches to lock Trump up though it’s cute. 

There's a very good chance of it happening now 

9 hours ago, scoobdog said:

He needs the presidency if he wants to avoid prison.  That’s all that really matters at this point.

With any luck the hate from the gop will continue and he’ll get locked up before he can run and possibly win it.  I’m think shit is really about to hit the fan. Someone controlling the narrative knows something and that’s why Trump is getting shit from his own fans.  All it took was one right wing pundit to turn on him and the momentum couldn’t be stopped. Alex Jones tried to do the same thing a few weeks back but he’s not taken seriously enough so it back fired on him

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

With any luck the hate from the gop will continue and he’ll get locked up before he can run and possibly win it.  I’m think shit is really about to hit the fan. Someone controlling the narrative knows something and that’s why Trump is getting shit from his own fans.  All it took was one right wing pundit to turn on him and the momentum couldn’t be stopped. Alex Jones tried to do the same thing a few weeks back but he’s not taken seriously enough so it back fired on him

We need the Trump v DeSantis feud to get as big and as heated as possible. Trump's relevance divides the GOP.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Everyone know AJ is an opportunist; he still would have been taken more seriously if he had waited until the blue breakwater had undercut the red wave.  However, yes, the shit really is about to hit the fan because it will be far easier for the few Trump supported winners to distance themselves than for the losers to back off now that Trump's resume is essentially gutted.  That one pundit timed to the tipping point of Trump's flagging popularity and, as was always going to be the case, Trump is on a backslide that he won't be able to recover from.

Now, DeSantis is going to be the next headache and having Trump go after him would be a wish-come-true, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Trump is going be fangless fairly soon because he has nothing to back up his bravado anymore.

56 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Everyone know AJ is an opportunist; he still would have been taken more seriously if he had waited until the blue breakwater had undercut the red wave.  However, yes, the shit really is about to hit the fan because it will be far easier for the few Trump supported winners to distance themselves than for the losers to back off now that Trump's resume is essentially gutted.  That one pundit timed to the tipping point of Trump's flagging popularity and, as was always going to be the case, Trump is on a backslide that he won't be able to recover from.

Now, DeSantis is going to be the next headache and having Trump go after him would be a wish-come-true, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Trump is going be fangless fairly soon because he has nothing to back up his bravado anymore.

But most of the GOP voting base still believes his bullshit. Trump can be as fangless as a retirement home being targeted by a denture smuggling ring, it doesn't change that he's a dumbass whose political ambitions begin and end at a vanity project.

Trump doesn't care if his actions fuck over the GOP. He just wants attention, and it just so happens giving him attention may hurt DeSantis because a dumbass cult leader bears its fruit from dumbass cultists. Anyone in 2022 who is still supporting Trump is more than likely deliberately ignorant if not actively opposed to learning under the most charitable interpretation, though outright malice isn't much of a stretch either. A 2022 Trump fan isn't going to flip over to DeSantis, they already picked their death cult of choice.

So, fan those flames.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, naraku360 said:

But most of the GOP voting base still believes his bullshit. Trump can be as fangless as a retirement home being targeted by a denture smuggling ring, it doesn't change that he's a dumbass whose political ambitions begin and end at a vanity project.

Trump doesn't care if his actions fuck over the GOP. He just wants attention, and it just so happens giving him attention may hurt DeSantis because a dumbass cult leader bears its fruit from dumbass cultists. Anyone in 2022 who is still supporting Trump is more than likely deliberately ignorant if not actively opposed to learning under the most charitable interpretation, though outright malice isn't much of a stretch either. A 2022 Trump fan isn't going to flip over to DeSantis, they already picked their death cult of choice.

So, fan those flames.

What Trump believe about himself is largely beside the point.  Everyone else, including his idiotic voter base, is using him to further their own interests and his cult of personality begins (and ends) with his ability to get things done.  It's surprisingly easy to get racists, bigots, misogynists and all around scumbags elected... if you do what you need to do to make sure the parts of your message you don't want independents hearing get ignored or just brushed off.  Trump's big lie, in fact, relies heavily on the notion that he was denied a second term not because he himself deserved it but because he represented a cause that deserved it and was blocked by opponents that held a grudge against him. Obviously he thinks he deserves it because of who he is, but that's not going to be bought by his rabid fan base who elected him in the first place because he said the things they wanted to hear.

That's why this epic Republican failure has an outsized impact on his approval.  He's only as good a ringleader as the miscreants he can surround himself with, and his voters know that.  Someone else picking up that message and who can show he's electable is going to get their attention faster than Trump claiming vaguely that he has the goods on that someone. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 10:43 AM, SwimModSponges said:

Think this russian asset will try running again?

image.png.2a3a7890f0301b3ba93ed035ef2c7e9b.png

This is exactly why I made the remark about my local Texas polling locations being effectively "republican safe havens". I've become an atheist over the years even though I was raised under very strong southern baptist overtones. I could walk into the crazy church where my grandmother lived take that dude aside, and say hey everything I was taught here was a lie god was bullocks and jesus loving all the little kids regardless of there skin color...

That dude..probably passed anyway but when I think of that church I'm sure probably decades of people all races still respect him and his family as the heads... more or less, but I don't hate christians philosophy in entirety. I know he'd just say something like I believe you, and I understand. My faith comes from bringing people together, and all the different walks of life I've brought together...

The fucking christians feeling their religous freedoms are coming into question make me want to slap the living shit out of them for people that are still christians tldr version.

Shit makes me furious. 

15 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

What Trump believe about himself is largely beside the point.  Everyone else, including his idiotic voter base, is using him to further their own interests and his cult of personality begins (and ends) with his ability to get things done.  It's surprisingly easy to get racists, bigots, misogynists and all around scumbags elected... if you do what you need to do to make sure the parts of your message you don't want independents hearing get ignored or just brushed off.  Trump's big lie, in fact, relies heavily on the notion that he was denied a second term not because he himself deserved it but because he represented a cause that deserved it and was blocked by opponents that held a grudge against him. Obviously he thinks he deserves it because of who he is, but that's not going to be bought by his rabid fan base who elected him in the first place because he said the things they wanted to hear.

That's why this epic Republican failure has an outsized impact on his approval.  He's only as good a ringleader as the miscreants he can surround himself with, and his voters know that.  Someone else picking up that message and who can show he's electable is going to get their attention faster than Trump claiming vaguely that he has the goods on that someone. 

What I'm saying is Trump may be irrelevant and he may only work as a figurehead, but keeping him relevant enough to hurt DeSantis is basically all we have left.

I want him to be duking it out with DeSantis for as long as possible.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

What I'm saying is Trump may be irrelevant and he may only work as a figurehead, but keeping him relevant enough to hurt DeSantis is basically all we have left.

Same here. As long as Trump has a fragile ego, he will not accept anything else than the Republican nomination. Anything less and he will sabotage the party. If he can't win, nobody can.

• Like 2

I was reading the comments section of a NY Post article about how Trump was making fun of DeSantis at an event by showing an ad from 5 years ago with Ron’s baby in a MAGA onesie. The comments were all bashing Trump. They are starting to hate him now for the things most people been hating him for 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, naraku360 said:

I do to, but I really think he collapses at this point.  That being said,  i feel confident that DeSantis has more than enough time to implode on the national stage if Trump at least outs him as a candidate.  He has no real credentials that work on a national stage outside of the MAGAtards he’s stealing from Trump, and he doesn’t have Trump’s… charm.  Unless he reversed course and starts acting like a moderate, he’s not going to capture the same lightening like Trump did in ‘16.