UnevenEdge

What's going on in your lives?

K_N

20 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Night shift is not for everybody, but I love it.

I've worked it before and also love it. Things are more quiet.

As much as I post here, I'm actually not a very social person. I can live with working in the later hours.

14 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

I've worked it before and also love it. Things are more quiet.

As much as I post here, I'm actually not a very social person. I can live with working in the later hours.

That's actually not the case with my situation, lol. As far as I know, it's just as lively here at night as it is during the day. I just enjoy being up at night and sleeping during the day. It's virtually impossible to be late for work when clock in is at 6:00 PM. It's hard as fuck for me to be on time when I got to be there by 9:00 AM. 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2020 at 2:09 AM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

That's actually not the case with my situation, lol. As far as I know, it's just as lively here at night as it is during the day. I just enjoy being up at night and sleeping during the day. It's virtually impossible to be late for work when clock in is at 6:00 PM. It's hard as fuck for me to be on time when I got to be there by 9:00 AM. 

9:00am is nothing.

Try 3:00am ... thats fucking stupid 

• Like 1

Waiting for all this mucus to leak out of me or thin out enough to stay comfortably inside

Miiight have to take another sick day from my real job ... but I have an appointment scheduled at my internship ... unless she cancels again... which she has for the past month

>.> but now that Im legitimately sick, she'll probably want to keep it.

17 hours ago, Vamped said:

9:00am is nothing.

Try 3:00am ... thats fucking stupid 

I had to to that when I was a newspaper carrier.

Technically, I could show up whenever I wanted, as long as I was done delivering papers by 6:00 AM. But being there at 3:00 AM was a good time as to have enough to time to not only finish, but not feel pressured either.

43 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I had to to that when I was a newspaper carrier.

Technically, I could show up whenever I wanted, as long as I was done delivering papers by 6:00 AM. But being there at 3:00 AM was a good time as to have enough to time to not only finish, but not feel pressured either.

They can keep any shift that starts that early. I have no idea how I survived that. 

• Like 1

Made chicken and dumpling soup

Everything turned out great except the fucking dumplings 

=_=

They taste like .... flour

Not sure what I did wrong. I followed the recipe. I feel like I goofed the recipe last time and they turned out better .... 

Just more adventures in unstable employment for me. The Retail outlet that hired me seasonal, and told everyone seasonal they were hiring us on as regular part time actually ended up laying me off "on good status"  Now I'm about to start working at a flour mill under the direction of a temp agency in their packing section. :|

I'm still trying to sort out my training for the national guard since they sent me to my drill hq without getting my technical job training (the next opening for the course wasn't until this fall supposingly IDFK..) My MOS or job is basicallly EVERYTHING I.T. in the military. I put together some good cat. 5 cables at last months drill though at least, and I've been getting a little bit of hands on job training. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

I appear to have survived my annual trip to the doc for blood tests, where I sat for a time next to a guy coughing up a lung.  That was followed by 2 hrs at the DMV to get a new license, where I sat next to a little kid who was blowing snot bubbles (his mom told his school that he was running a temp on her cell).

Felt like I needed to take another hot shower when I got home.  None the worse for wear, thankfully.

Main goal: Move to Southern Delaware by the end of the year.

Upcoming: A quite large social group I am part of is having its 2nd annual vacation in May. I get to transport the bar to the hotel.

June I have a 575 mile trip to Butler, PA for my probably last Bantam Jeep Festival... which means I am in the middle of re-gearing and building up my Jeep so it can happily tow a small camper that distance, wheel all weekend, and come home without any flaws. Probably will end up buying a whole extra Jeep just for a front axle because people want more for just the front axle than an entire Jeep with said front axle.

The singer in my band has known he has a had a polyp on his vocal cords for well over a year and his insurance and doctors have been hella dragging their feet on getting his surgery to remove it scheduled. Well it was finally surgically removed yesterday. Now in a couple weeks he'll have a follow-up doctor's appointment to make sure everything is healing correctly. I've literally never known my singer without this polyp but 90% of the time I hear him sing he wows me anyway. It's gonna be a trip hearing him at full power.

• Like 2