UnevenEdge

Did you get your flu shot?

Still Me

8 minutes ago, Still Me said:

are we talking like mr fantastic?

Front 'bangs' [ if I cut them like that ] are mostly greyish now and the koala ears are back but look more natural than when I was in high school at least. :D

But the hair dresser can't silver all my hair at all. They tried to go full silver last time just to get it over with but it all turned blond-fluff instead. My hair ate their hair dye. :D I now look like a weird striped pie-bald with yellow tips. 

It would make for a fascinating look at my wake when I die from lack of flu shot. But it's already planned as a closed casket. That way the giant pot of chili at the wake with a sign saying 'Eat Me' will be extra creepy. :D

41 minutes ago, Still Me said:

dude....your insurance pays 100% regardless of how shit it is

My insurance is pretty decent. Im just lazy. Id rather get it at a place Im going to every day anyway than make an appt at my pcp. Id get it at a pharmacy if they would give my kid one too but he's too young for the chain pharmacies so I have to take him to his pediatrician anyway

3 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Front 'bangs' [ if I cut them like that ] are mostly greyish now and the koala ears are back but look more natural than when I was in high school at least. :D

But the hair dresser can't silver all my hair at all. They tried to go full silver last time just to get it over with but it all turned blond-fluff instead. My hair ate their hair dye. :D I now look like a weird striped pie-bald with yellow tips. 

It would make for a fascinating look at my wake when I die from lack of flu shot. But it's already planned as a closed casket. That way the giant pot of chili at the wake with a sign saying 'Eat Me' will be extra creepy. :D

oh my gawd....Scott tennerman all the guests...GENIUS

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Vamped said:

My insurance is pretty decent. Im just lazy. Id rather get it at a place Im going to every day anyway than make an appt at my pcp. Id get it at a pharmacy if they would give my kid one too but he's too young for the chain pharmacies so I have to take him to his pediatrician anyway

ew....kids

34 minutes ago, fuggstop said:

I got one last year..me and madison...and it really hurt...maybe later in the flu season after they work out any defects if any...or if the season is as bad.

>.> 

Its gonna be the same flu shot later in the season. I just take some tylenol when my arm starts hurting later. 

11 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

It was free anti-vaxxer.

I’m not an anti-vaxxer.... I just think it’s pointless in your 20s 30s or 40s...it’s more effective in those who had already compromised immune system’s... like the very young and a very old 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Still Me said:

I’m not an anti-vaxxer.... I just think it’s pointless in your 20s 30s or 40s...it’s more effective in those who had already compromised immune system’s... like the very young and a very old 

Which means that those between 20-40 will be carriers, just like the kids that didn't get vaccinated and take their illness to school.  Good Job!

How, pray tell, do you mistakenly think it spreads, Typhoid Mary?  You carry it into your workplace or class room & spread it by coughing or sneezing or even just talking to someone else.  Those droplets you spread around infect others.

• D'oh 1

10 minutes ago, stilgar said:

Tsar, why must you be a terrible copy of packard?

What exactly have I said that was not true?  If you don't get a shot and get ill, you can infect others...sometimes even before you realize you are ill yourself.  And the shot alone does not protect people, no matter the age, from getting the flu.  It just makes it a lighter case provided it was one of the types of flu going around that season due to the antibodies your system has developed from the dead viruses in the shot.

33 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

How, pray tell, do you mistakenly think it spreads, Typhoid Mary?  You carry it into your workplace or class room & spread it by coughing or sneezing or even just talking to someone else.  Those droplets you spread around infect others.

the flu is a virus....it never....goes away....it mutates....and there is no way to kill it....it is on every surface...and already in the air you currently breath...,

getting the shot does NOT...protect you from the flu...it has the potential to lessen the effects of when it decides to activate within the body 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Still Me said:

the flu is a virus....it never....goes away....it mutates....and there is no way to kill it....it is on every surface...and already in the air you currently breath...,

getting the shot does NOT...protect you from the flu...it has the potential to lessen the effects of when it decides to activate within the body 

Isn't that what I just said to Stilgar?

5 minutes ago, Still Me said:

and for the record... I work in a pharmacy... I deal with people who have the flu all the time... not once have I ever gotten the flu and I have never gotten the flu shot 

If you work in the actual Pharmacy, you're separated by a counter.  Since you didn't say "I'm a pharmacist" or "I'm a pharmacist tech", I'll take it that you're somewhat face to face with customers.  But it could be that most those folks are past the communicable stage.

Just now, tsar4 said:

If you work in the actual Pharmacy, you're separated by a counter.  Since you didn't say "I'm a pharmacist" or "I'm a pharmacist tech", I'll take it that you're somewhat face to face with customers.  But it could be that most those folks are past the communicable stage.

you would be wrong

Yep. I tend to only catch it every 4-5 years but when I do it's generally REALLY nasty so I've started getting the shot in the case I do catch whatever prevalent strain is going around and hopefully don't have to suffer too bad.

21 hours ago, Still Me said:

The 1918 flu says hello.

On 10/12/2019 at 6:20 PM, tsar4 said:

What exactly have I said that was not true?  If you don't get a shot and get ill, you can infect others...sometimes even before you realize you are ill yourself.  And the shot alone does not protect people, no matter the age, from getting the flu.  It just makes it a lighter case provided it was one of the types of flu going around that season due to the antibodies your system has developed from the dead viruses in the shot.

Easy there, chicken little.  The proper procedure for not spreading the flu is still the same:  if you feel symptoms of a flu, don't expose other people until the symptoms subside.