UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

I hate how much money Aniplex is gonna suck out of me during the fall/winter holiday season. Fate/Zero has a new blu-ray release coming, I need to get all of March Comes in Like a Lion before that sucker goes up in price, and I want The Irregular at Magic High School before that goes out of print again. *Sigh* Why must anime hurt me so? 

Edited by SorceressPol

1 hour ago, SorceressPol said:

I hate how much money Aniplex is gonna suck out of me during the fall/winter holiday season. Fate/Zero has a new blu-ray release coming, I need to get all of March Comes in Like a Lion before that sucker goes up in price, and I want The Irregular at Magic High School before that goes out of print again. *Sigh* Why must anime hurt me so? 

Try buying Aniplex releases from region B (UK/AUS). I bought a number of their series that way to avoid their bullshit pricing, and even with international shipping on some of them, I still paid a fraction. There are software means of getting around region locks, or you can buy a dedicated drive/player if you're really hardcore. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

Try buying Aniplex releases from region B (UK/AUS). I bought a number of their series that way to avoid their bullshit pricing, and even with international shipping on some of them, I still paid a fraction. There are software means of getting around region locks, or you can buy a dedicated drive/player if you're really hardcore. 

*Sigh* Hopefully I have enough money to get a multi region player this year. March Comes in Like a Lion has a prettier region b release that's decently priced. Might still have to pay out the ass for The Irregular at Magic High School and Fate/Zero though.

I hate the whole "Someone will be there between 1 and 5" bullshit of service calls. It's almost 3, and nothing. I have fudge and a pound cake to make, and I can't start either because the doorbell will ring at the precise moment that I can't answer it. I have to go down cellar to do laundry things and some picking up, and I can't do it because the doorbell will ring and I won't hear it. Ditto going out to pick tomatoes for supper.

Come on, asshole. Just because I'm not working doesn't mean I don't have things to do.

Edited by mthor

YouTube is easily the most worthless place to get information from. Say what you will about the insidiousness of cable news talking heads, but at least most of them graduated from college. Getting your news from a YouTube personality or a Twitter pundit is proof that you don’t have the cognitive ability to take a piece of information, do further research on the subject, and make your own opinion of it. Anyone could shit one of these videos out with out-of-context info they took elsewhere. There’s nothing holding anyone back from shitting out one of these videos. If you believe an opinion video from a Youtuber is fact, I have oceanfront property I can sell you in Kansas to own the libtards. 

• Like 4

On 8/18/2019 at 6:48 PM, Top Gun said:

That’s good advice. I went to check on the Fate/Zero prices because of this thread thinking it be more affordable. It still costs far too much. Stop it with the import releases, Aniplex of America.  Yamero!

I completely forgot that I have a rare renal disorder. Whoops! It’s usually pretty benign, and I don’t think of it often. Turns out, it could make my pregnancy high risk. Fun! I love my body and my deformities!

While I’m here, I would like to file my first complaint about cravings and morning sickness. I WANT FRIED POTATOES AND SAUSAGE BISCUITS WITH CHEESE. I need them. My morning sickness is here, and it isn’t just in the mornings. I’m sick as fuck all the time, dizzy and seeing stars. We’re off to a good start. 

• Sad 3

Kinda sucks to go online to find a way not to worry about the hurricane when everyone is cheering for your imminent demise because Florida Man exists. Losing power and having to deal with FPL is often the worst part of a hurricane, but I guess the online community is a friendly reminder that I wasn't missing much, and for all intents and purposes, I'm not sure anyone would notice if something bad did happen on my end.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Signs in to laptop:

Grayish too bright screen staring back at me: We need to restart.

Me: Delays restart, opens screen caps of graphics settings. 

Yes, I know sometimes it needs to do multiple restarts for big updates, but for fucks sake I ain't throwing away another hour or more right now. 

Scenario: You are running a newsletter for a church. You have a machine that puts tabs on the newsletter, and there are 378 newsletters. Should this take:

A) 30 minutes with both tabs put on at the same time

B) An hour because you have to run each tab because the machine can't put on both tabs at the same time

C) Almost two hours, which is what actually happened because the tabs kept messing up

😐

I’ve always had a weird relationship with food. I like to eat, but I’ve never been very hungry. A lot of times I force feed myself or get really stoned to be able to eat a normal amount of food instead of just picking like a bird. Since getting pregnant, I wake up and go to bed absolutely fucking STARVING. Hunger like I have never felt in my entire life. It’s so strange. I’m “underweight” and probably a little malnourished, and I think my body is overcompensating by demanding all the food. I used to drink a lot of coffee too, but now my body is rejecting the sweet bean juice. I can barely drink a cup before I start gagging. All of this is to say that my body is doing different things, and I suppose it’s just going to keep getting more and more different. It’s all weird and scary, and I’m so hungry. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, garbagepailcat said:

I’ve always had a weird relationship with food. I like to eat, but I’ve never been very hungry. A lot of times I force feed myself or get really stoned to be able to eat a normal amount of food instead of just picking like a bird. Since getting pregnant, I wake up and go to bed absolutely fucking STARVING. Hunger like I have never felt in my entire life. It’s so strange. I’m “underweight” and probably a little malnourished, and I think my body is overcompensating by demanding all the food. I used to drink a lot of coffee too, but now my body is rejecting the sweet bean juice. I can barely drink a cup before I start gagging. All of this is to say that my body is doing different things, and I suppose it’s just going to keep getting more and more different. It’s all weird and scary, and I’m so hungry. 

if you're hungry, definitely eat until you're full. i don't think there's any doctor who will tell you otherwise while you're pregnant. and i don't want to ruin your morning coffee or anything, but some of the changes you go thru while pregnant, don't revert back once you're no longer pregnant/nursing. the coffee tolerance may never come back. or it may change, and you'll only like black coffee instead of doctored up. the human body is so fucking strange and interesting.

5 minutes ago, imchapp.in said:

The fridge areas that have chocolate and edamame hummus is easily one of the more depressing sections of a grocery store. Growing up with the real stuff, it’s absolutely haram. 

Edamame might not be bad because at least it's a normal bean, but not chocolate. The only other beans chocolate needs to be paired with is vanilla or coffee. Why must they take two things I love and jack them up so badly? Chocolate and chickpeas didn't ask for this.

The almost daily display of incompetence alone is a headache, but the arrogance that comes along with it is almost enough to drive a person to violence.....fucking unreal 

I'm all for people fucking up their lives if they so choose....I get it.....life's a bitch and you do what you can.....but motherfucker have the common decency to make your mess and sit in it, don't splash it on the rest of us you gaping asshole....there is a reason you are where you are...ONE FUCKING REASON....and it's looking at you in the mirror you sanctimonious douchebag....

• Sad 1

you ask someone for their application login credentials to troubleshoot their issue, and they give you their windows login.

you can't figure out why it doesn't work. you ask them if they're sure. they confirm it. you fail again. now you're locked out.

a few minutes later, you finally figure out they gave you the wrong credentials because they're stupid. you inform them of the difference between windows login and application login.

next day, same issue. you ask them for their application login credentials. 

they give you their windows login.

giphy.gif

day keeps getting better. most recent mouthful of bullshit is one of our beer distributors. i ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday, all with written (email) confirmation that it would come in on the truck this morning. delivery showed up this morning, and was missing a keg of one beer i ordered, and a case of another beer i ordered that i specifically asked for a confirmation that it would show up. and now that i'm trying to get back in touch with the sales rep to figure out what the hell's going on, he won't respond to emails. the liquor store 30 minutes away got their case of special stuff. what the allocated fuck is wrong with these people?

17 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

day keeps getting better. most recent mouthful of bullshit is one of our beer distributors. i ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday, all with written (email) confirmation that it would come in on the truck this morning. delivery showed up this morning, and was missing a keg of one beer i ordered, and a case of another beer i ordered that i specifically asked for a confirmation that it would show up. and now that i'm trying to get back in touch with the sales rep to figure out what the hell's going on, he won't respond to emails. the liquor store 30 minutes away got their case of special stuff. what the allocated fuck is wrong with these people?

finally got an email response last night: "hmm. it should have made it there, i don't see it cut from your invoice. but if you didn't get it then yes i will send with next delivery."

next delivery is in 4 weeks. not only will it be seasonally out of sync by then, but the customer interest in this brand-new product will have waned and i won't be able to move it at all. not to mention, it probably won't show up on that truck either. and to top it off, these assholes won't sell me any cases of 3 floyds because we're "a bar, not a liquor store" (hint: we're licensed as both), even though there's not another place in town that sells anything from them and we're also pushing the 3F flagships on draft. we sold through 4 half barrels and another 4 cases since last month (yeah, they were ok selling cases to us last month). what kind of shit distro doesn't want to sell products that they have in stock, to retailers who are practically begging for it within an emerging market space?

i did get my case of prairie bomb, so at least that went right. not the most expensive 12-pack we bought this year, but at $81 it was probably the 2nd or 3rd most expensive. worth it though; got damn that's a good beer. and i got a case of a ddh ipa called "a wizard is never late" from a regional brewery called triptych. first time buy on that one, and it's lovely. and i now have enough marzen kegs to round out my oktoberfest flight in the hop garden. look at that, ending my rant on a happy note. feels good man.

• Like 1

So I make friends somewhere and have to move as soon as I'm starting to get comfortable and have an in person circle of friends again. I've repeated this situation like 6 times in 10 years. I hate not having roots anywhere. I'm so envious of ppl who have a real homebase built up. 

So my boss listens to talk radio whenever we have to take the mail to the post office, and the host made an open set to "Where Were You" by Alan Jackson.

And I can tell you for sure hearing the line "I watch CNN" makes a country song sound hella dated.

Edited by Seight
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, NaBrainman said:

I genuinely hate you because of how stupid you are

A normal route for me is 10 minutes whenever a UAW's strike happens my drive time ends up being 1:30 minutes all because they want to stand in the road to protest? That's my fault!?

Oh hell no strike on your company driveway not the fucking public street the speed limit is 50 and they want to create a human wall to block everyone going north 4 lanes of traffic stopped and police can't control them