UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

1 minute ago, viperxmns said:

Shit was scheduled to arrive Sunday, still nothing, email of "package lost", then they "couldn't create" a refund, emailed

Delivery trucks were around today

that's some bullshit. when 2-day prime starts taking 5-6 days to show up, that's when i start getting all uppity with the amazon help desk. watch tf out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hate 12 hours of 45 mph winds.  Even without having my old tree to worry about falling on the house anymore, I still tense up every massive gust that sounds like a freight train coming at me.  I'm fine to 25 mph, but when it's 30 and above, I'm a nervous wreck.

I grew up in an old, old house with literally foot thick stone walls and inch thick old growth planks for any wood parts (there were 12 in logs in the ceiling of the basement), so the wind didn't bother me.  If a tree fell on the house, it would just break the tree.  Tornadoes just went around and moved on to easier sport.

I guess it's not the wind I'm afraid of, but rather this flimsy house. :/

• Like 2

i'm going to fire one of my best, longest-employed bartenders today. this sucks. not sure if she expected to get away scot free with stealing a $100 bill from a customer while she was off duty last night, but she did it. i tolerate a lot of shit from my employees, but theft is not one of those things.

fuck me. this sucks. it's not even like i have to make an example and she's the unlucky one. i can't ever trust her with money again, and everyone who witnessed the incident (and there were several, including two other bartenders) knows that if i don't fire her, our bartenders can do whatever the fuck they want without punishment. there's really no choice for us at this point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Godfucking dammit, why can't I watch old movies without worrying about Cosby's ass popping up in them?

I hate when I'm too much of a wussy to watch what will probably be a great movie because the content is too fucked up for me to handle at the moment. The Learning Tree rarely comes on, but with that plot, even the title sounds ominous as fuck. Missed out on a British kidnapping movie for the same reason(I heard the ending hinges on whether the nabbed child was murdered or not). It may not even be a few months before I'm in the mood for the super depressing shit. Sometimes it's years. I want to watch all the good stuff now, but my brain just won't cooperate.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

just looked at the forecast for my parents up nort'. low tonight of -28F with a windchill of -59F. kinda makes me feel bad for hating on our forecast of -15F. but hate on it anyways, i shall.

It was -45'F this morning on the walk to my doctor's appointment and by the time I was heading home, it was -55'F. -.-; 

I just reheated my microwavable lavender sock thingie but still cold.

i was confident we'd get through this cold snap without any freezing issues. looks like i was wrong. just got done cleaning up a water leak that originated somewhere in the upstairs bathroom. found it because a closet downstairs had water spilling out from under the door and into the kids' playroom. so now i have the water turned off (to the whole house because there's no shutoff for just the upstairs bathroom...fucking old plumbing), and it's gonna have to stay that way until i can get a plumber here (hopefully) tomorrow, if they're not already booked up with other similar problems.

normally i'd try to track down the leak, but it's somewhere under the floor in that upstairs bathroom. i'm confident it's the sink drain, but it's possible that a supply line froze up as well. but then again, the bathtub drain likes to freeze in super cold weather, so it could be stemming from that as well. at any rate, its likely going to require tearing up the floor and doing some exploring. 

oh, did i mention i can't turn the water off completely? the lines and shutoff valves are so old, they're limed/rusted up to the point where valves don't shut completely. so i have to keep the sink in the kitchen opened up, just in case the leak is from a supply line upstairs.

i've actually been looking forward to the day when i could afford to tear out every last water line in this house and reinstall them all from scratch. it's possible we'll be doing that before we can afford it.

Why are people so obsessed with the goddamned Varsity? It's school cafeteria level of food, but every time folks come to Georgia to visit, it's, "Can we go to the Varsity?" No bitch. It was only fun when I was in elementary school and thought lunchables were the greatest ever. I ain't trying to fool with the nightmare of downtown Atlanta during Super Bowl weekend for Oscar Mayer dogs and fried pies that taste like mushy peaches with the tiniest pinches of spices.

Then there's the annoyance of craving ribs during sports events. I have no money until tomorrow when actual Georgia residents will be making a mad dash for the good bbq places. It's gonna get ugly, but I really fucking want ribs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hate not being able to nap. I wanted a nap. I tried to nap. I couldn't nap. I couldn't find a position that doesn't hurt and now I just know I'm going to end up falling asleep sitting up before Toonami even starts. :| 

I start a week long bedrest highly recommended staycation today. Lots of rest, lots of stress-free anythings, yucky little pills twice a day, and at least one PT appointment. 

All I wanted was a nap before animes and now I'm cranky.

#first world problems.

I been telling the higher ups to put me back on Tuesdays. It's our busiest day of the week and they can't handle it without me. They manage to trip their way through the day each week since they shifted my schedule but it's been worse and worse. 

I've got 7 years experience with the specific restaurant they have problems with but they dont put me on the busiest day so I can work the second busiest day instead. 

Well it bit you in the ass finally cause my 3 previous perfect health department scores, 100/A/zero demerits has been downgraded to a B with 10 demerits cause you didn't listen. Way to fucking go guys. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

useless USPS my package was suppose to be here monday but got delayed and then it says it will be delivered today post office closes at 7pm and deliveries also stop at that same time so now I'm on a chat with customer service to find out where the hell my shit is 

last information given it was in ohio .......GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I HATE THAT STATE 

• Like 1

The snow drifts are past the point where I can see outside my apartment even when standing on tip toe. 

I have to hit the doors on the building about every 30 minutes to push them up and pull them shut again to keep the drifts from covering the doors and the ice from forming and locking the building completely shut. The apartment office closed at noon in order for anyone to get anywhere so I'm the only person for this building to help keep an eye on things for them now. There is no getting anywhere from here for the next couple of days at the very least - the drifts beyond the doors are up to 9 feet tall in some places. The plows got pulled hours ago and the cops are using snowmobiles to go places. And I'm out of snacks. :| I'm running low on regular food too but somehow the lack of Doritos right now pisses me off more. :D I want f-ing Doritos now.

Also, I just got a notice that Yuzen is no longer doing their subscription boxes and my account has been closed with them. They were my fancy box o' fancy things and I was looking forward to a box of chocolates, bubble bath, and other expensive skin care items being delivered in the next week. :(

Bitchbitchbitchbitchmoanmoanmoan

4 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

Heat on. Heat off. Heat on. Heat off. Heat on. Heat off. Heat on. Heat off. Heat on. Heat off. Heat on. Heat off. Heat on. Heat off. 

This yo-yo weather is annoying as fuck. Georgia needs to pick cold or hot temps, and fucking stick to it.

Want snow?

my 4yo thinks he needs a youtube channel. wife agrees, and thinks he has the ability to create enough quality content to support a channel on his own. and it's gonna be on me to run the motherfucker. look, i don't have the time to spend a few hours each week filming and editing videos, let alone building yet another brand and everything that's required for that. i mean, i'll gladly quit my day job to do all of this, if someone else wants to figure out how to pay all the bills. 

anyone? anyone? bueller? ...no takers?

this motherfucker threatened to tear down MY fence unless i moved it back 6", knowing it was gonna cost me an extra couple thousand to tear out an old footing in order to bury the posts on that new line. and now he has the fucking balls to screw "no parking" signs onto MY fence? 

ask me who's gonna be shopping for new "no parking" signs on monday. 

13 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

Shitballs. I don't watch Crunchyroll for a week, and now all of a sudden they figured how to stop adblock from blocking their ads. Or it's Chrome's fault. Argh! I'm too lazy to fuck with this right now.

It's a 'glitch' in the system that happens every time Win10 has an update bigger than a teaspoon or something. Just make sure your adblock didn't get turned off and it should start reblocking things in a day or two. 

Happened to me too. There should be a law against super long ads on online sites. If I can go to the bathroom or start a pot of tea while the ads are cycling through, they are too long. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

It's a 'glitch' in the system that happens every time Win10 has an update bigger than a teaspoon or something. Just make sure your adblock didn't get turned off and it should start reblocking things in a day or two. 

Happened to me too. There should be a law against super long ads on online sites. If I can go to the bathroom or start a pot of tea while the ads are cycling through, they are too long. 

I wish sites understood that less people would use stuff like Adblock if they weren't assholes about it. Either they have too goddamn many or don't care about ads with viruses on them that visitors might click on. None of the fixes I saw on Reddit worked, so I just opened up Crunchyroll in Firefox, and yay for not having to watch repetitive ads every three minutes.

• Like 1

i have to wait 5 more minutes before i can call back into that bank and talk to someone in their fraud department. they owe one of my customers $32k on a forged endorsement claim. the lady i talked to on the phone earlier decided she was in over her head, and wouldn't give me even the name of someone else to talk to. so now i'm wasting even more of my time dealing with this. look, i'd prefer not to send all of this up to legal, but if this next call isn't fruitful, we'll be doing just that. so here i am, typing up my frustrations in preparation for the call. 

oh look. it's 9am pacific time. to the batphone!

• Like 3

It sucks that'll be a year before I can afford health insurance. Seeing a doctor regularly would be really helpful because without the extra fat, my joints don't have a lot of support, and I don't know how to compensate for that. I don't know what muscle training I need, or what braces to get because having too much range of motion snaps them like toothpicks. Both of my wrist braces got fucked up that way, and it sucks wasting money.

Edited by SorceressPol
  • Like 1

I just want my packages to be delivered to my house instead of my neighbor’s. I know the gps is wrong. It’s not my fault emergency services changed the addresses of private drives and, for some reason, that leaves me with four different addresses that have been/are still used, none of which are consistently delivered to. There is one correct address. We’ve changed it with the post office and mortgage company and utilities and everything we can think of to make sure everything is nice and uniform cause it’s goddamn madness. Still, despite being the ONLY HOUSE ON THE ACTUAL ROAD, my shit gets delivered to the trailer park at the bottom of the hill ON A DIFFERENT ROAD. We’ve put up signs. We’ve labeled the mailbox. Why is my real address not a valid address? Why do I just fall into the fucking mail void? ARGHHH. I just want my bath and body works stuff without having to talk to a lady whose name is eerily close to the word “Chandelier.” 

• Like 1