UnevenEdge

Post your unpopular opinions here.

The_annoying_one

5 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Not really an unpopular opinion but a fact that too many delusional people deny, and that's the best show to ever air on AS is Venture Bros.

FACT 

I've never really watched Venture Bros but always wanted to.

As far as non-anime AS-shows, my picks are kinda out there: Moral Orel and Xavier.

• Thanks 2

AI art is going to be a new art form and will inevitably destroy the stranglehold corporations have on media.

Taking existing material and transforming it is not theft. Fair Use includes transformative work as a protected right. If it is clearly a new work, even if it contains remnants of existing art, it is not theft.

AI art on its own is not inherently bad. There are good and bad applications of it.

Divorced from industrial or economic implications for the near future, I have not heard a single criticism of AI art as a creative medium, a meduim in its infancy no less, that do not come off as deluded out of touch ravings of pretentious cringe goblins too scared to become obsolete, neglecting that one art form existing doesn't negate the existence of all before it. I play video games and have read a book or two. One doesn't pose some existential threat to the other. AI art won't make painting impossible, you fucking idiots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, naraku360 said:

AI art is going to be a new art form and will inevitably destroy the stranglehold corporations have on media.

Taking existing material and transforming it is not theft. Fair Use includes transformative work as a protected right. If it is clearly a new work, even if it contains remnants of existing art, it is not theft.

AI art on its own is not inherently bad. There are good and bad applications of it.

Divorced from industrial or economic implications for the near future, I have not heard a single criticism of AI art as a creative medium, a meduim in its infancy no less, that do not come off as deluded out of touch ravings of pretentious cringe goblins too scared to become obsolete, neglecting that one art form existing doesn't negate the existence of all before it. I play video games and have read a book or two. One doesn't pose some existential threat to the other. AI art won't make painting impossible, you fucking idiots.

I'm fine with this.....

Just don't type prompts and call yourself an artist. 

I like that it exists...the memes have been peak

• Thanks 1

I should've posted this last Tuesday but better late than never.

Trick or treating was the worst thing about Halloween as a kid . While I'll love the idea of getting free candy I don't having to walk in cold rainy ass weather every year to get. And also having to wear a heat coat over my costume every kinda defeats the purpose of dressing up. Looking back I would much rather have gone to a Halloween party over trick or treating

• Thanks 2

speed limits are bullshit. i only ever look at a speed limit if i see a cop, but even then i usually have an idea of what it is on whatever road I'm driving on and don't really need it then either. i don't need a sign to tell me how fast is safe to drive in a residential area because i drive like a kid could jump out in front of me at any second anyways, which is to say very carefully. I've never actually had that happen but I've definitely avoided hitting countless small critters. the bunnies on the street i live on are as suicidal as the ones out in the desert where i learned to drive and I've not hit a single one while living here. i don't see how a speed limit is to going to make up for being careful and ready to avoid hurting something.

and while I'm on the subject, I'm gonna contradict myself: it's absurd to actually expect that kind of driving competency from every single person. that doesn't mean speed limits are useful after all, it means we shouldn't have a society structured to where every single person needs a car to survive. it's absolutely absurd to think that could ever be safe or responsible and even the processes we have now are not enough. we just accept traffic fatalities like they aren't preventable, but we don't need car centered infrastructure in the first fucking place.

Edited by Lynnrael
seriously, fuck car centered infrastructure
  • Thanks 1

Ok, time for a more controversial one: I am content with rising home prices. This is disincentivizing people from starting families of their own, thus leading to perhaps one of the more humane ways of population decline. There are simply too many people in the world. There are finite resources and we must share this space with other animals. Obviously, mass murdering people is out of the question, and a government policy like China's one-child policy can lead to a horrible demographic demise. Just make starting a family too expensive. Voila.

3 minutes ago, Insipid said:

Ok, time for a more controversial one: I am content with rising home prices. This is disincentivizing people from starting families of their own, thus leading to perhaps one of the more humane ways of population decline. There are simply too many people in the world. There are finite resources and we must share this space with other animals. Obviously, mass murdering people is out of the question, and a government policy like China's one-child policy can lead to a horrible demographic demise. Just make starting a family too expensive. Voila.

I want to give this one both a heart and a sad react. Well done.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, -Kudasai- said:

I don't think the N64 controller is as nearly as bad as people say it is I actually find it comfortable to use 

are you for real the only games that was good for is Mario 64 or similar or first-person shooters you can't do any flight sims of the damn thing which there was a few arcade style flight games for the n-64 most notably Rogue Squadron the Star Wars game

Writer Hickman was responsible for re-inventing the mutants of Marvel a few years ago in the House of X/Powers of X event. 

Imagine the X-Men, but you turn the whole franchise into a bleak sci fi tale similar to 2001: A Space Odyssey. It's intended to be an epic but it just sucks the life out of them and takes away everything positive. 

For some reason a lot of people liked it.