UnevenEdge

Post your unpopular opinions here.

The_annoying_one

Tupac was not a thug, he was a trained actor from New York who had a talent for rap. It was all fun and games until he moved to Cali, and got into trouble trying to live up to the persona he created.

Upon going to prison, Suge got word of his talent and knew exactly how to exploit it....

He wasn't that great a rapper....he recycled his own bars constantly but not a lot of people know enough about his early work to see it.

TLDR; I like Pac, but he was a fraud.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Insipid said:

Home Alone 2 is better than Home Alone 1.

In Home Alone, there's this one scene where Marv exits the basement back thru the door he came in, and the very next scene is where Harry bursts thru the kitchen door, knocking the blow torch off the cabinet. But those two doors are right next to each other.

Did Marv and Harry not hear each other? The only explanation is that the two scenes are NOT happening contemporaneously, which raises further questions!

Edited by Icarus27k

The Snyderverse needs to be brought back and completed. That includes resuming production on and releasing Wonder Woman 3. Stupid butthats at Warner Bros.

Edited by Gemini
Okay. This may not be such an unpopular opinion, but I felt it had to be said so here it is.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, naraku360 said:

Rick and Morty rapidly declined in quality after the first season.

From what little I've seen, it seems actively better without Roiland.

I planned on watching season seven eventually, but now I'm definitely intrigued. (I also thought new episodes were supposed to be available on Max the day after premiering on [adult swim], but I guess not.)

Edited by Gemini

11 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

I don't hate Adam Sandler movies that much. 

Although 8 Crazy Nights would have been better if the jokes didn't go overboard a few times. 

I loved Adam Sandler's stuff growing up, especially Happy Gilmore and the Waterboy. But as I've gotten older, while I still do enjoy quite a lot of his movies, I've come to realize that one you've seen one you've pretty much seen 'em all, with a few notable exceptions. Reign Over Me is an example of how dramatic (and frankly, good) of an actor he can really be when given the right script. Uncut Gems is another one, though I haven't seen that. I've heard good things about it though.

On topic: Drinking water is underrated.

• Thanks 2

Birthday parties have always been a weird concept to me. I guess because I never really had them as a kid (just my siblings & parents). I mean, if you wanna throw a party for your kids, that’s fine. But grown men & women have no business throwing one for themselves. It’s weird and it can stink of desperation, in some instances.

Sorry for such a long-winded and cynical take here. I get like this sometimes.

• Thanks 2

I believe the healthiest non-monogamous relationship is of higher quality than the healthiest monogamous.

Monogany places sex and romanticism above the individuals. If I love someone, they bang another person, and I get mad and end the relationship, how much did I really love them?

"They don't love you if they're promiscuous." Is sex synonymous with love?

"What if they leave you for the other person?" Do you want a relationship so insecure that sex would be all it takes to leave you for someone else? Is it really healthy to be with someone you trust that little?

"Sex is less special when they sleep around!" Does sex have to be special for the relationship to be healthy? Is it really a great relationship when it's so fragile that intimacy between your partner and someone else magically makes the time you spend with them less special?

Honestly, monogany largely comes off as possessiveness born from insecurity. Those aren't good qualities to found a relationship on. Like, every single monogamous relationship I've ever had anything to do with, be it personally or through observation, has a constant looming cloud of infidelity. Even the happiest couples get touchy at the mere mention of cheating. I have friends who respond to anyone flirting with their partner with joking threats, but you know that if one of them were caught cheating, the relationship would be in shambles instantly despite being arguably the happiest couple I know.

You cannot have a fully trusting monogamous relationship. The premise of it is in direct conflict with trust. It's sad. I don't want to deal with that bullshit.

4 hours ago, naraku360 said:

I believe the healthiest non-monogamous relationship is of higher quality than the healthiest monogamous.

Monogany places sex and romanticism above the individuals. If I love someone, they bang another person, and I get mad and end the relationship, how much did I really love them?

"They don't love you if they're promiscuous." Is sex synonymous with love?

"What if they leave you for the other person?" Do you want a relationship so insecure that sex would be all it takes to leave you for someone else? Is it really healthy to be with someone you trust that little?

"Sex is less special when they sleep around!" Does sex have to be special for the relationship to be healthy? Is it really a great relationship when it's so fragile that intimacy between your partner and someone else magically makes the time you spend with them less special?

Honestly, monogany largely comes off as possessiveness born from insecurity. Those aren't good qualities to found a relationship on. Like, every single monogamous relationship I've ever had anything to do with, be it personally or through observation, has a constant looming cloud of infidelity. Even the happiest couples get touchy at the mere mention of cheating. I have friends who respond to anyone flirting with their partner with joking threats, but you know that if one of them were caught cheating, the relationship would be in shambles instantly despite being arguably the happiest couple I know.

You cannot have a fully trusting monogamous relationship. The premise of it is in direct conflict with trust. It's sad. I don't want to deal with that bullshit.

You most definitely can have a fully trusting monogamous relationship. I've heard stories from friends and online of instances where people open their relationships only to get insecure about their partner fucking around so much behind their back. I don't really have a problem with polyamory, but I don't think it's ideal for most people and I definitely personally don't think it's better than a loving monogamous relationship.

I guess it really comes down to one's attitude toward sex. This is a very good unpopular opinion, I'll give you that.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Insipid said:

You most definitely can have a fully trusting monogamous relationship. I've heard stories from friends and online of instances where people open their relationships only to get insecure about their partner fucking around so much behind their back. I don't really have a problem with polyamory, but I don't think it's ideal for most people and I definitely personally don't think it's better than a loving monogamous relationship.

I guess it really comes down to one's attitude toward sex. This is a very good unpopular opinion, I'll give you that.

I don’t think it's for everyone, but the attitudes critical of polyamory tend to suggest it is lesser than monogany.

Jealousy in general has virtually no value to me. I'd go so far as to say it doesn't have enough value to call it "worthless."

Its wrong to harass people for using accessible parking reserved for disabled people just because you don't think they qualify as disabled. Obviously, if they have a placard or the plates, just fuck off. Its none of your business and its most likely they have a disability you can't see and don't understand. That said, even if they don't probably still just fuck off? Like, they could have forgotten it somewhere, or they might just not have it yet, but not having a placard on you doesn't magically make you abled. I'd rather 100 abled people get away with using the parking space, than 1 disabled person who forgot their placard be harassed and bullied because they needed something and didn't have a choice. I think the police mentality comes entirely from ableism, not truly a desire to be an ally to disabled people. A LOT of ableist people use the framework of legitimacy to gatekeep not just accessibility options that SHOULD only be used by disabled people, but ones that should just be available to everyone anyways as well, and ultimately they do it because they just don't like accessibility options existing and think it should be a shameful, embarrassing experience one should only engage in if one needs it.

These are the same people who get mad because "everyone is autistic these days" and say things like "you don't look autistic", and it comes from the same mentality. It's just ableism disguised as allyship. 

• Thanks 2

They should either abolish electric company monthly charges, or the electric companies should only charge and or forcibly buttfuck the landlord instead.

Because none of the numbers that these electric companies make up are real. I have no experience in that field. However, I can say with 100% certainty that people who work for electric companies live in Dreamland; and chase chocolate bunnies around while sending these shit numbers. And help keep everyone in poverty for the outer ends of fucking eternity.

• Thanks 2