UnevenEdge

Post your unpopular opinions here.

The_annoying_one

hyperpop is good, actually

also, it doesn't really matter if being gay or trans or any kind of queer is innate or not, it we have control of it or not, or whatever. queer people should still be free to do as they please with their lives and bodies, even if it were a choice.

idk how popular queens of the stone age are but I've never really liked their music. my friend said they sound "dirty and real" and I don't understand. but to be fair i listen to folk punk and you really can't get dirtier or realer than that. skapunk and skacore are also way more real. like if your music isn't about fighting cops and doing drugs/recovering from addiction, what is the point?

josh homme* and iggy pop/post pop depression is absolutely raw, 

give it a listen. one of my favs from the album.

9 minutes ago, Lynnrael said:

idk how popular queens of the stone age *are but I've never really liked their music. my friend said they sound "dirty and real" and I don't understand. but to be fair i listen to folk punk and you really can't get dirtier or realer than that. skapunk and skacore are also way more real. like if your music isn't about fighting cops and doing drugs/recovering from addiction, what is the point?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Insipid said:

Even though I disagree, I don't mind dubbed anime that much. Dubbed live action is quite awful though. The English version of Squid Games is especially egregious.

Couldn’t agree more. My wife will sometime watch dubbed live action, I can’t even be in the room when it’s on. The audio mixing is so poor that even without seeing the mismatched audio-video, it’s off putting enough to make me crazy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ghostrek said:

karen's are kind of tolerable and small doses

The Karen are, for the most part, lovely people, although I can never quite wrap my head around betel nut.

Spam is indeed delicious, and candy corn is also pretty good, especially if you get the kind made with honey.

2 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Soy sauce is nothing but salty piss with black food coloring added.

You almost got your first downvote from me. What kind of opinion from a foodie is this? I agree that using soy sauce as a sauce on the side can be eh, but cooking with it it something else. Surely you like stir fry vegetables, fried rice, teriyaki chicken, chow mein, etc.

28 minutes ago, Insipid said:

You almost got your first downvote from me. What kind of opinion from a foodie is this? I agree that using soy sauce as a sauce on the side can be eh, but cooking with it it something else. Surely you like stir fry vegetables, fried rice, teriyaki chicken, chow mein, etc.

I understand and I apologize. What I should have said is soy sauce by itself is gross to me. Cooking with it is absolutely fine.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, -Kudasai- said:

Today's music isn't bad. I'm not going to out of my way spend money on these artists but I just don't feel compelled to reach for my Bluetooths whenever I hear modern music 

I mean I guess it boils down to which music you're talking about? Popular music? Stuff you hear on the radio/in public places? I have a playlist I listen to almost every day that I tweak at least a couple times a week and the overwhelming majority of 700+ songs on it were made in the past decade. Don't think there's been a better time to be alive when it comes to enjoying music. Just gotta find what you like and seek out the artists making it.