UnevenEdge

Post your unpopular opinions here.

The_annoying_one

21 hours ago, Insipid said:

Ok, time for a more controversial one: I am content with rising home prices. This is disincentivizing people from starting families of their own, thus leading to perhaps one of the more humane ways of population decline. There are simply too many people in the world. There are finite resources and we must share this space with other animals. Obviously, mass murdering people is out of the question, and a government policy like China's one-child policy can lead to a horrible demographic demise. Just make starting a family too expensive. Voila.

Unfortunately, unreachable home prices doesn’t have this specific effect mostly because young people were priced out of the largest real estate markets nearly two decades - long enough to have been factored into family planning.

19 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

Writer Hickman was responsible for re-inventing the mutants of Marvel a few years ago in the House of X/Powers of X event. 

Imagine the X-Men, but you turn the whole franchise into a bleak sci fi tale similar to 2001: A Space Odyssey. It's intended to be an epic but it just sucks the life out of them and takes away everything positive. 

For some reason a lot of people liked it. 

I'm still not over this. This writer doesn't understand there's a reason people fall asleep during Dune movies. 

21 hours ago, -Kudasai- said:

It pains me to do this, even though The Professor is my favorite drummer of all time I just have to be honest about this

Bill Bruford > Neil Peart

I'm sure the Professor would agree with you if he were alive.

On topic: I wish I could eat actual turkey meat once a week.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Insipid said:

I think this is only an unpopular opinion in the US: root beer is fucking nasty.

I’ve been drinking a lot of root beer lately. As a matter of fact, I just got some alcoholic root beer today.

EDIT: But I will flip this around and say that regular beer is fucking nasty.

Edited by The_annoying_one
  • Like 2

On 11/2/2023 at 11:25 AM, Insipid said:

I am really surprised to hear you like fnaf, considering the creator is a huge maga republican.

I just saw this. I remember vaguely hearing that about the creator. But that parochial controversy does not get much more than an inkling of interest from me compared to the games.

I was very impressed by the first game's satire of dead end jobs (like a security guard). I think that's why it subliminally spoke to many people at the time. 

Edited by Icarus27k
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

I just saw this. I remember vaguely hearing that about the creator. But that parochial controversy does not get much more than an inkling of interest from me compared to the games.

I was very impressed by the first game's satire of dead end jobs (like a security guard). I think that's why it subliminally spoke to many people at the time. 

No need to defend yourself. The main appeal of the first game was to 90s kids who have memories of the animatronics at Chuck E Cheese. Then it turned out literal kids today actually like the series too, and you have what we have now 

• Thanks 1

Okay, white liberals. We get it. You’re the coolest ever for still making 9/11 jokes like everyone else after twenty something years.

Say! Remember when NY workers had to hide their turbans and alter their speaking when the Towers fell just so monsters wouldn’t drag and beat them out on the street? No? You’re just gonna keep making uninformed tweets about how amazing Bin Laden was, simply out of weird contrarian spite? Okay! Fuck your mother!

• Thanks 3

On 11/12/2023 at 4:30 PM, The_annoying_one said:

I’m not a fan of weekends.

Too often during weekends, I hit a point where I'm so idle that negative emotions claw their way to the surface. "Now that I've been alone with my thoughts for a day, I'm a little depressed." 

Although this weekend (I'm posting this on a Sunday night) has been okay. I think because it's been a sunny, cool autumn day. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2023 at 12:31 PM, The_annoying_one said:

Stephen King is not that great of a writer. I don’t think I’ve ever read a single book of his that didn’t have a completely crappy ending.

Which reminds me I still havent finished the dark tower series books...and 'the Gunslinger' movie sucked so much at potraying what King himself wanted to be his J.R.R Tolkien baby, and although I have a lot of respect for Stephen King I have to agree with your point... There's been a lot of books of his I just dropped after a certain plot twist over the years lol.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

Arkham Origins is my favorite of the Batman Arkham games. The TN1 Bane fight is the only time I felt intimidated by one of the bosses. 

Is that the one where Arkham is the whole city. 

I just got bored by those games easily, but there was a batman game I kinda liked...I just never finished it. It was ps3 so I likely never will. I just remember these stupid hard batmobile missions

I think I had Arkham Knight on my Xbone some few years ago just out of some cheap deal, and I deleted it off there shortly after to make space for better games.

I guess defusing bombs was kinda “huh” the first couple times... but it’s Batman. I just wanna kick the shit outta some guys and nothing else. Your technology mini games are not fun and are only a boring pain in the ass.

• Like 2