Game Master

Are you in?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in?

• I’m in!
    • I’ve got some questions…

This poll is closed to new votes

Greetings wayward travelers!

Twenty years is a long time.  Thousands of hours fighting tooth and nail between team blue and team red, stopping long enough to debate “Pierrot Le Fou.”  Too many weekends to count where the discussion starts in the Toonami ratings thread and somehow ends up in a thread about the latest Netflix disaster.  At some point, Perfect Hair Forever happened, and you were on the ASMB.  You probably mysteriously lost a weekday watching the best YouTube collection you’ve ever seen, and everyone knows what your favorite music is.  You can’t put a price on twenty years of friendship and memories…

…but you can put a prize to it.  To celebrate we’re holding a survivor type competition where your knowledge of [as] is what you need to be the last man or woman standing.  You will need to know more about Toonami or [as] Action or [as] Comedy.  You’ll need to more about the colorful cast of characters that posted alongside you all these years.  You’ll have to work with teammates, then you’ll work to crush them.  And you’ll have a blast taking a trip down memory lane.

If you think you’re up to it, visit us in the Survivor: The Games club above and join.  We’ll be selecting teams on June 4nd at 8pm EDT.

Edited by Game Master
Moved to Sunday from today.
  • Like 2

Got the date wrong dude.  And it’s kind of hard to tell what this is even about just from the OP.  I’ll give more hints as the week progresses, but a douchy way of saying it is we’re playing a game where you can (mildly) roast your ASMB buddies while playing with other ASMB buddies.  I’ll be giving some hints to the first challenge in a day or two so you can start planning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like we're a few days away.

2 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

Hello game master, how many available slots are there for this team survivor game?

We have as many open slots as anyone who's interested, so long as it's an even number (so we have the same number of people on each team).  The point of this competition is for everyone here for the Anniversary to participate.  On Friday, we'll hold a draft style selection by the two initial team captains to create even teams and then the competition begins.

26 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

I'm in.  I just hope it's not something hard.  I'm usually pretty tired on Friday and brain dead.

It’s not going to be like that.  I’m not going to rush things especially with teams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Gemini said:

@Vela, ya in or ya out, girl?

Oh ho ho I'm in...there's no turning back now, words were said and things were agreed upon...I think, actually I really have no idea what's going on but I lost sleep over it and it has everything to do with scoob and nothing to do with my general anxiety disorder >_>

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Vela said:

Oh ho ho I'm in...there's no turning back now, words were said and things were agreed upon...I think, actually I really have no idea what's going on but I lost sleep over it and it has everything to do with scoob and nothing to do with my general anxiety disorder >_>

I know what you mean. If I could give you a hug, I would.

Ok Ghosty.

So, imagine for a moment Kagome comes home late one night and her dad Godzilla is really cross with her.  But, it’s not her fault!  You see, Naraku has a new henchman out looking for jewel shards, and it’s his most heinous villain yet.

I’m not telling you who the villain is, but you know him by his ASMB screen name,  Your team is going to come up with a (really) short story describing the encounter with this mystery villain.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, StarPanda said:

I dint fully read the terms and conditions tho 

No worries.  The first round isn’t too complicated:

Everyone gets divided into two teams.  Each team gets their own exclusive club to meet in and discuss the challenge.  You don’t have to participate, but the one who show the most engagement and enthusiasm for each team will get immunity and an automatic pass to the next round.  After a week, we post a single submission from each club here and have the entire UEMB vote which team’s submission is best.  The winning team votes two members of the losing team out of the competition, excluding the person on that team given immunity.  The two immunity winners then get to select a new team and we’re on to the next round.

• Like 4

Ok so my biggest concern so far is I'm thinking I'm not in the right threads at the right time.

So tomorrow at 7 central I need to be here....got it. See y'all then....we, and all night too because I'm sure I'm not going anywhere tonight, but I'll be here for team pickins 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Ok so my biggest concern so far is I'm thinking I'm not in the right threads at the right time.

So tomorrow at 7 central I need to be here....got it. See y'all then....we, and all night too because I'm sure I'm not going anywhere tonight, but I'll be here for team pickins 

Why does everything you say make me think about food? I swear, man. There's a place near me called Silm Chickens. I'd go try it, but I'd rather have WingStop.

Also, see ya tomorrow.

Edited by Gemini
I know why. Because I'm fat and I eat too much.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

We just got wing stop...I tried it once and wasn't impressed, but I still wanna try the thighs and the sammich

The thigh bites aren't bad, depending on how you get them. Same with the sandwich. What I like about their sandwich is you can get it tossed or seasoned just like the tenders, wings (both classic and boneless), and the thigh bites. (I will say, however, that the last time I got the sandwich, I was a little underwhelmed. I should've gotten tenders instead because that's what I was in the mood for. I settled on the sandwich to save money.)

• Like 1

and here i am, getting SUPER elevated, and i look at the time, and i'm out at the pond, and i have to turn off water, and dodge gatos that like to ^think^ they are guarding me, and i'm SUPER elevated, and i get here and.....

you still have to flip a coin?

tl:dr i thought i missed it. 

*actual footage of me dodging the cats and the hose trying to get to this phuqing computer. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Waiting for Buddy and Vela to show up.

I mean...I was here five min to...

But even if you asked me to pick heads or tails we'd still need buddy to play ping pong 

Alex Jones Play With Me GIF - Alex Jones Play With Me - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Haha 3