UnevenEdge

Stormy days ahead for Trump

Sieg67

7 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Someone set themselves on fire in front of the court building of the Trump trial 

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/19/trump-trial-person-fire

it’s a developing story idk if they know why yet. First article I read didn’t know why just that it happened 

Is it wrong that my first thought was of the Dr. McNinja webcomic with the "They can't catch me if I'm on fire" panel?

Is it also wrong that my second thought was CNN should bring in Kevin Harlin to go "We have an idiot on fire outside the courthouse"?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Seight said:

Is it wrong that my first thought was of the Dr. McNinja webcomic with the "They can't catch me if I'm on fire" panel?

Is it also wrong that my second thought was CNN should bring in Kevin Harlin to go "We have an idiot on fire outside the courthouse"?

Per the news: "The 37 year old FLORIDA MAN..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this has probably occurred to some of you but I want to point something out.

While arguing presidential immunity, Trump's layer claimed that he could have had a political opponent assassinated and it would have been an act under presidential duty. 
Trump is Biden's political opponent.  Using his logic, Biden could have Trump assassinated and he would have immunity.

12 minutes ago, Sieg67 said:

I'm sure this has probably occurred to some of you but I want to point something out.

While arguing presidential immunity, Trump's layer claimed that he could have had a political opponent assassinated and it would have been an act under presidential duty. 
Trump is Biden's political opponent.  Using his logic, Biden could have Trump assassinated and he would have immunity.

I think someone already mentioned this....but maybe it was IG or some shit...I forget shit now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I think someone already mentioned this....but maybe it was IG or some shit...I forget shit now

I mentioned it in another thread.  The one I made a week ago. “so is SCOTUS Looking to Destroy the Country?”

Edited by 1pooh4u
Added thread title
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

So we are still kind of here right? Still waiting on more hearings and trials, more lawyers stalling... and old age to kill us all before we'll know the true fate of Donald J Trump right?

https://abc7chicago.com/donald-trump-held-in-contempt-of-court-for-violating-gag-order-hush-money-case-and-ordered-to-pay-9-000/14745646/

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

So we are still kind of here right? Still waiting on more hearings and trials, more lawyers stalling... and old age to kill us all before we'll know the true fate of Donald J Trump right?

https://abc7chicago.com/donald-trump-held-in-contempt-of-court-for-violating-gag-order-hush-money-case-and-ordered-to-pay-9-000/14745646/

Yes.

• Like 2

Since this court case is about whether or not he falsified business records in order to cover up illegal hush money payments and he's constantly bragged about how lying about all things money is perfectly acceptable, the outcome would only be in Von Shitsinpants' favor if he dies before the verdict is read.

That said, since it's all about the tabloids anyway, I want to know if there's someone in there doing a Fart Count and if that data will be released to the public after everything else is said and done. SCIENCE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He wants to be jailed.  He wants to be able to play the "woe is me, they're being mean because I'm a Republican!" card and have his attorneys push a mistrial.  He wants his sycophants to rally behind him in jail under the guise of political persecution.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

...and THAT's the nail that seals it. lmao. 

It's one thing to make excuses when it's about the economy.  It's another if he's straight convicted.  You can call "witch hunt" all day with the presumption that he's innocent.  Less so if the court says "Nah, he did it."

Trump is not some Machiavellian genius who will trick everyone.  He's a sycophant seeking approval.  And the mental gymnastics will only get harder and harder for people to perform.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 2

Judge Merchan is not going to put Trump in jail for contempt. He violated the gag order 9? 10? times?  He does not want to be the first Judge to imprison a former president even if it will likely be only a few hours maybe a day. His fines are a joke.  $1k to Trump (if you believe he’s a billionaire) is like fining him a penny. It’s nothing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Judge Merchan is not going to put Trump in jail for contempt. He violated the gag order 9? 10? times?  He does not want to be the first Judge to imprison a former president even if it will likely be only a few hours maybe a day. His fines are a joke.  $1k to Trump (if you believe he’s a billionaire) is like fining him a penny. It’s nothing. 

A $1k fine for trump is nothing.

Its like fining me $10.

$10 that someone else gave me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Jman said:

It's one thing to make excuses when it's about the economy.  It's another if he's straight convicted.  You can call "witch hunt" all day with the presumption that he's innocent.  Less so if the court says "Nah, he did it."

Trump is not some Machiavellian genius who will trick everyone.  He's a sycophant seeking approval.  And the mental gymnastics will only get harder and harder for people to perform.

oh...he absolutey is not cunning enough to think this far ahead. not in the least. but that would just figure.  and you're right, it will be harder, but it will be more amusing to watch. 

I'm all for cynicism (the world sux; Trump is never going to be brought to justice). I see no harm in it. I just don't think it's realistic. 

The criminal justice system has a kind of assurance about outcomes that politics doesn't. When you're charged with 91 felonies like Trump is, you're not going to get away with all of them.

The person charged with that many probably will go to prison. 

• Haha 1

Remember when Princess Tinyhands was whining and crying about how the evil judge refused to allow him to have the day off to attend his precious youngest's graduation? Even though the judge never said anything like that, just that he'd have to see how the trial was progressing first? And remember how all the usual morons ran to his defense and continued to claim the nonexistent ruling was from an evil corrupt and all around terrible person? 

Princess Tinyhands got the day off for the graduation.

And there just so happens to be a rally/fundraiser in MN on that exact same day that he's going to. Considering he can't be expected to function in public as early in the morning as the graduation is set to happen and how he likes to pre-nap/snort flu tabs before his evening appearances, it's questionable whether he'll actually go to the precious event, find some other reason to not make it and yet be in MN in plenty of time for photo ops. If he does, it will literally be the first of his kids graduations that he has ever attended. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/is-donald-trump-skipping-barron-trumps-graduation-what-we-know/ar-BB1lZc4E

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Remember when Princess Tinyhands was whining and crying about how the evil judge refused to allow him to have the day off to attend his precious youngest's graduation? Even though the judge never said anything like that, just that he'd have to see how the trial was progressing first? And remember how all the usual morons ran to his defense and continued to claim the nonexistent ruling was from an evil corrupt and all around terrible person? 

Princess Tinyhands got the day off for the graduation.

And there just so happens to be a rally/fundraiser in MN on that exact same day that he's going to. Considering he can't be expected to function in public as early in the morning as the graduation is set to happen and how he likes to pre-nap/snort flu tabs before his evening appearances, it's questionable whether he'll actually go to the precious event, find some other reason to not make it and yet be in MN in plenty of time for photo ops. If he does, it will literally be the first of his kids graduations that he has ever attended. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/is-donald-trump-skipping-barron-trumps-graduation-what-we-know/ar-BB1lZc4E

I read this somewhere yesterday and ctfu. Everyone was saying he wasn’t going to that fuckin graduation anyway back when he and his sheeple were losing their shit over the possibility 😆

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Mother fucker Aileen Cannon Trump appointed judge, who should be removed immediately, just postponed the federal documents case indefinitely.  

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/07/politics/judge-postpones-trump-classified-documents-trial/index.html

She's been told over and over again to recuse based on past stupid calls on behalf of that fart cloud. At this point, yes, she should be outright removed from her appointment. If she wants to continue being his court jester, she can set up jail visits. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

She's been told over and over again to recuse based on past stupid calls on behalf of that fart cloud. At this point, yes, she should be outright removed from her appointment. If she wants to continue being his court jester, she can set up jail visits. 

The trial was supposed to start this month. She’s delaying, hoping that he wins in November, and then everything will somehow get dismissed because statutes, right to a speedy trial, or some other legal escape chute 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

The trial was supposed to start this month. She’s delaying, hoping that he wins in November, and then everything will somehow get dismissed because statutes, right to a speedy trial, or some other legal escape chute 

She's already on thin ice for her mishandling of the evidentiary hearings and the jury instructions.  This might be enough to for the SDoF to reassign her case, though it still won't be much help for timing in the unlikely even it happens.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

The escape chute will be him pardoning himself and then declaring he has super immunity for life while simultaneously declaring himself President for Life. 

And he'll be doing that no matter what the actual outcome is in November because he's already said it doesn't count if he doesn't win. 

• Like 3

“Oh, we just heard two to three more weeks,” Trump told reporters outside the courthouse. “I thought they were finished today, and they are finished today if you look at what’s happening. I thought they were going to be finished today, and they want two to three more weeks, the judge asked them, and playing right into the judge’s hands. The judge is so happy about two to three more weeks, because they all want to keep me off the campaign trail.”

definately judge wopner, definately.  Uh oh, fifteen minutes to Judge Wapner.  iykyk

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

Nothing he’ll remember anyway.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the dementia that hit his father (exacerbated by his unhealthy lifestyle) progresses further regardless of what the courts say.  By the time it all gets straightened out, he’ll be signing blank papers.

https://www.rawstory.com/amp/trump-dementia-2667555286-2667555286

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jman said:

Nothing he’ll remember anyway.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the dementia that hit his father (exacerbated by his unhealthy lifestyle) progresses further regardless of what the courts say.  By the time it all gets straightened out, he’ll be signing blank papers.

https://www.rawstory.com/amp/trump-dementia-2667555286-2667555286

That's an interesting article because it adds a layer to Donald Trump's pathos.  He no doubt believes that those around him will try to take advantage of him like he did his father when he was declining, and that may inform the rationale behind his relentless perchance for denying even the most obvious of things.  He also no doubt knows that Alzheimer's will almost certainly afflict him, if it hasn't already, and his illogical attacks on his opponent can change the narrative on the disease.

20 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

yeah nothing is going happen to Trump and once again a woman gets punished for having sex. Having sex with a coworker doesn’t mean you can’t maintain professionalism at the workplace 

But she didn't have sex:  she was essentially raped.   The disgusting thing about her testimony is that everything the defense attorney has been attacking her on - that she accepted money to stay silent, that she used sex as a tool to make money, that she was more than willing to trade insults with him, etc. - skirts the fact that he clearly lied about his intent to have dinner with her and that he used the differential in power to force her to refuse sex on his terms and, ultimately, led to her having sex with him just to escape the situation.  There are elements of crude grooming and bullying that can't be explained away by the defense.

I know you know all of that; I just can't wrap my head around the fact that she's basically saying she was forced to have sex with a man and the defense is still allowed to attack her on the periphery of the event.

Georgia was always the case that presented Trump with the most danger. Now it looks like that risk is all but gone before the election. Fani literally fucked around, and now shes finding out. The Appeals court wont even start to hear this until August, which means that his trial in Georgia is pretty much on pause through the election.

Theres a chance Trumps case could proceed, but that would require Fani to leave the case on her own. And thats not about to happen. Even if it does, that opens up a whole set of new questions and problems that will delay, if not end, the trial as it stands.