UnevenEdge

Stormy days ahead for Trump

Sieg67

At one point during their coverage, a Fox News host asked something like, "will this be the restart of Trump's campaign?" He was referring very specifically to Trump making a statement in the hallway while walking to the courtroom. That's what he described in the sentence right before the question.

I lol'd. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Bragg doesnt have a single strong case, he has 34 weak cases.

The links are in the DA tweet I linked earlier and I skimmed them at the end of work a few hours ago. But it looked like each of the charges ties to an individual check (the alleged fraudulent reimbursements to Lawyer A were broken up into monthly installments).

So it's not that one big crime was broken up into 34 bits, it's that the crime was repeated that many times.

That would mean it's an up or down question, either it was fraudulent to cover up another crime or it wasn't. If it's not, he's off the hook. If it is, he's on the hook x34.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

For..falsifying NY commercial documents I gather.... Why not put that on the thumbnail well let's see...Seems weak as F. (That's my hot take after reading just a few paragraghs of your articlle though standby... )This thing anyway.

https://www.manhattanda.org/district-attorney-bragg-announces-34-count-felony-indictment-of-former-president-donald-j-trump/

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
I mean this.

Lolomg during Trump’s little speech he said Sp Prosecutor Smith has 1800 documents he refuses to hand over. That he as President can declassify whatever he wants automatically. He honestly thinks he can declassify a document just by looking at it. Ofc he mentioned Biden and his documents obtained when he was VP with no such declassification mind powers. 

• Haha 2

The New York case against Trump is strong in my opinion. If you listen to his defenders, implicit in what they are saying is that he will get convicted. When they say "Trump can't get a fair trial in NYC," they are implying a conviction. 

After this, I think Georgia is going to nail him is a strong election fraud case. And the feds are going to nail him in the strong mishandling classified information case. The feds have already raided on that, meaning they believing there is probable cause to believe a crime was committed.

• Like 1

Does anyone else find it weird and ironic that Trump is going to prison for election fraud (he's being saying the 2020 election was stolen from him) and classified documents (the "lock her up" stuff from 2016 was about a classified documents case). 

Edited by Icarus27k
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

Does anyone else find it weird and ironic that Trump is going to prison for election fraud (he's being saying the 2020 election was stolen from him) and classified documents (the "lock her up" stuff from 2016 was about a classified documents case). 

I mean, usually at this point the playbook is "Loudly accuse someone of doing the exact thing you're doing", so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What I was going to what I think is indictment is is does something that is too dangerous I think  i think the district attorney should drop the case completely and just let  sleeping dogs lie because it is personally this   district attorney is creating a major case for them to do another revolt if not a fucking Civil War and it should be considered a national security risk to continue

• D'oh 1

19 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

What I was going to what I think is indictment is is does something that is too dangerous I think  i think the district attorney should drop the case completely and just let  sleeping dogs lie because it is personally this   district attorney is creating a major case for them to do another revolt if not a fucking Civil War and it should be considered a national security risk to continue

Worst take ever

let’s allow criminals be criminals because other criminals will do criminal things to stop law enforcement from arresting criminals.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ghostrek said:

Ghosty…. When there is a revolt, what side will you be on?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ghostrek said:

Nope.

He happily bragged about how he is personally allowed to do whatever he wants because of who he is. He needs to be held accountable for those things that we now know he definitely did and throw a few more years on for all the things he did that haven't been discovered yet. His army of morons can sit and spin because after their 'peaceful' behavior on Jan6, they aren't going to get kid-glove treatment. 

• Thanks 2

There's no handcuffs, no fingerprints no mugshot.. All I asked for was a mugshot dammit. :(Damn secret service... Well from what I heard it's pressure from thhe secret service keeping him from the standard processing protocall because 'they can't have anybody touch the former president'.  I'm already bummed and I probably have a lot of catching up to do..

14 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

So you’re saying you’re unAmerican?

That’s disappointing.

I mean I kind of like Canada, I have a lot of online friends there at least and some of them are closer to me than irl friends at times.. I still don't think Ghostrek's in any way ready to try living in Canada however lol. 🤣

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

11 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

I mean I kind of like Canada, I have a lot of online friends there at least and some of them are closer to me than irl friends at times.. I still don't think Ghostrek's in any way ready to try living in Canada however lol. 🤣

absolute final scenario me running to Canada

On 4/6/2023 at 9:59 AM, ghostrek said:

Stick to Godzilla

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/6/2023 at 6:59 AM, ghostrek said:

giphy_(64).gif.1cf1e2f04b33d219c868c45ce862359b.gif

• Haha 4

And Fox news was begging for people to give money to Trump for his legal fees.

We now know what the staff of FOX actually thinks of Trump so you'd think they'd want to wash their hands of him.
I guess his fan base is still a huge part of their demographic.

The Manhattan district attorney on Tuesday sued Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio in an extraordinary step intended to keep congressional Republicans from interfering in the office’s criminal case against former President Donald J. Trump.

The 50-page suit, filed in federal court in the Southern District of New York, accuses Mr. Jordan of a “brazen and unconstitutional attack” on the prosecution of Mr. Trump and a “transparent campaign to intimidate and attack” the district attorney, Alvin L. Bragg. Mr. Bragg last week unveiled 34 felony charges against Mr. Trump that stem from the former president’s attempts to cover up a potential sex scandal during and after the 2016 presidential campaign.

Lawyers for Mr. Bragg are seeking to bar Mr. Jordan and his congressional allies from enforcing a subpoena sent to Mark F. Pomerantz, who was once a leader of the district attorney’s Trump investigation and who later wrote a book about that experience. Mr. Pomerantz resigned early last year after Mr. Bragg, just weeks into his first term in office, decided not to seek an indictment of Trump at that time.

Mr. Bragg’s lawyers, including Theodore J. Boutrous Jr. of the law firm Gibson Dunn and Leslie Dubeck, the general counsel in the district attorney’s office, also intend to prevent any other such subpoenas, the lawsuit says. Mr. Jordan has left open the possibility of subpoenaing Mr. Bragg.

Mr. Pomerantz is also named as a defendant in the suit, though that appears to be a formality. By naming him, Mr. Bragg’s lawyers are seeking to block Mr. Pomerantz from testifying if he were legally compelled to do so. Mr. Pomerantz has shown no indication that he is willing to testify voluntarily. He declined to comment on Tuesday.

Last month, Mr. Jordan, in his role as the House Judiciary Committee chairman, sent a letter with two Republican colleagues that demanded the district attorney’s office provide communications, documents and testimony about Mr. Bragg’s investigation of Mr. Trump. And after Mr. Bragg’s prosecutors last week unveiled the charges against Mr. Trump, Mr. Jordan issued the subpoena to Mr. Pomerantz seeking to compel a closed-door deposition.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/11/nyregion/bragg-lawsuit-jim-jordan-trump-indictment.html

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sieg67 said:

Trump really likes to imagine people coming up to him with tears in their eyes.

Totally not from the smell of day-old Huggies, burger grease BO, George Hamilton brand spray tan, or the sight of his hair trying to do its own impression of a wacky waving inflatable tube man in any passing breeze as the AquaNet loses its grip.  

• Haha 4

Lol he suffered “vast reputational harm” and professional damage as a result of the “falsehoods spread by Cohen” including being elected POTUS. what a detriment that was to his reputation 🙄

remember we were hearing rumors including pee pee tape stories way before Election Day. None of that mess hurt him at all 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Lol he suffered “vast reputational harm” and professional damage as a result of the “falsehoods spread by Cohen” including being elected POTUS. what a detriment that was to his reputation 🙄

remember we were hearing rumors including pee pee tape stories way before Election Day. None of that mess hurt him at all 

If 'grab 'em by the pussy', all Mexicans are rapists, and pretty much every single thing he said at every rally and debate [ including bragging about not paying taxes ] didn't damage him back then, he can't claim jack crack now when he's finally facing consequences.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1