UnevenEdge

Stormy days ahead for Trump

Sieg67

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

if you never had to change a blowout then your grandkid is a god among babbies

So a blowout is when it gets outside the diaper? Cuz yeah we’ve gotten lucky. He ate an entire thing of blackberries yesterday though, so I may have jinxed myself.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

So a blowout is when it gets outside the diaper? Cuz yeah we’ve gotten lucky. He ate an entire thing of blackberries yesterday though, so I may have jinxed myself.

outside the diaper, down the leg, up the back. and that was the $$ diaper, 

trust. luv's is a damn good one. but even the parents choice/evil mart are better that some of the pricier diaper. 

• Thanks 1

reading the multiple articles, his entitlement was SOOOO bright. and i was wondering 'why let this schlub keep going'. 

the appeals process. i guess this is just an 'in your face' documentation of his temper tantrums, avoidance of questions, and contradiction of statements. (the one i read was about the payoff of a chcago property (?) )

one can only hope that this will put an end to this assholes 'reign' of toddler infused power. 

who ever voted for this guy, and continues to back him, you are the problem, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My takeaways:

• Trump kept going on spiels instead of answering questions.
  • Trump doesn't how how the court process works(like cross examination and direct examination) and tried speaking out of turn.
  • Judge reminds Trump that the court isn't a political rally.
  • Trump claimed he was president in 2021.
  • Trump tried claiming that the judge simply doesn't know how real estate works.
  • The judge had to ask Trumps lawyer Alina Habba to keep him in check.
  • Alina Habba did some horrible lawyering and promoted her law firm on the back of her laptop.
  • Alina Habba gave a press conference(or interview?) where she lied about what actually happened.
Edited by Sieg67
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Sieg67 said:

My takeaways:

• Trump kept going on spiels instead of answering questions.
  • Trump doesn't how how the court process works(like cross examination and direct examination) and tried speaking out of turn.
  • Judge reminds Trump that the court isn't a political rally.
  • Trump claimed he was president in 2021.
  • Trump tried claiming that the judge simply doesn't know how real estate works.
  • The judge had to ask Trumps lawyer Alina Habba to keep him in check.
  • Alina Habba did some horrible lawyering and promoted her law firm on the back of her laptop.
  • Alina Habba gave a press conference(or interview?) where she lied about what actually happened.

Ah yes, the famed "I know you are but what am I?" system of legal defense.

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Sieg67 said:

I've had my suspicions that they intentionally left the jury box uncheck just so they can claim that he didn't receive a fair trial.
They have no actual case so they're going with theater.

I think it's a combination of theater and incompetence. Trump obviously prioritizes loyalty over quality at this point.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trump’s New York hush-money case will start March 25. It’s the first of his criminal trials

NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump’s hush-money trial will go ahead as scheduled with jury selection starting March 25, a New York judge ruled Thursday, turning aside demands for delay from the former president’s defense lawyers, who argued it would interfere with his campaign to retake the White House.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-hush-money-new-york-criminal-case-fbdff18df40920b75873b3a40317f5ee

Trump will be on criminal trial in about a month and a half. 

36 minutes ago, Jman said:

Most of Trump’s wealth is tied up in real estate, so he’ll either have to come up with the cash or a bond in 30 days so an appeal will be valid.

Since he's trying to push for idiot-in-law Lara to have her hands in the NRA cookie jar, I'm guessing he's about to try to empty that till while still demanding the GOP in general foot his bills. 

Any pleas for political donations forwarded by useful idiots on social media should be met with 'He said he's a billionaire, let him pay for this with his couch change.' :|  

• Like 2

Former President Donald Trump will likely be sentenced to between one and four years in prison if convicted in the Stormy Daniels hush money case, an attorney and former ambassador said.

Norm Eisen said that he and his team at the Just Security think tank analyzed "hundreds of comparable cases" and calculated that Trump can expect a sentence of between one year and four months on the lower end and four years on the higher end for each of the counts in the indictment. Each sentence would likely run concurrently, he said.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-stormy-daniels-payments-manhattan-new-york-trial-sentencing-jail-prison-1870309

Interesting because I had considered the Storm Daniels case to be unlikely to include jail time if convicted. But 34 felonies certainly seems like the thing you should be in jail for when convicted.

This trial starts at the end of March and is expected to conclude by the end of April. 

I was once called mad for claiming that Trump would go to prison.

Edited by Icarus27k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SwimOdin said:

I’ll believe it once his jumpsuit matches his face color.

To put a timeline on it, I first concluded Trump would go to prison back in 2017, a couple of months after Trump was inaugurated. I also posted about it online.

The specific thing that gave me that realization was news stories about Trump meeting with then-FBI director James Comey in the Oval Office and ordering him around about what criminal investigations the FBI should be pursuing. That was when I realized Trump is an actual criminal and him having power is going to be much worse than even I thought.

There was never a question on if Trump had done anything to deserve jail, but if he would actually be held accountable.
Astonishingly enough, there seems to be no shortage of people willing to step out in front of a bus for him.

Edited by Sieg67
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Sieg67 said:

There was never a question on if Trump had done anything to deserve jail, but if he would actually be held accountable.
Astonishingly enough, there seems to be no shortage of people willing to step out in front of a bus for him.

It's weird, the guy demands loyalty but never shows any in returns. It's not like people don't know this. He throws people under the bus over and over, abandons them over and over or turns on them over and over — that's his entire track record. And people still line up to kiss the ring. I know Republicans believe that it's worth the risk and debasement because they're so terrified of being primaried ... I'm just kind of bemused at the lack of shame.

• Thanks 4

On 2/16/2024 at 4:14 PM, katt_goddess said:

Since he's trying to push for idiot-in-law Lara to have her hands in the NRA cookie jar, I'm guessing he's about to try to empty that till while still demanding the GOP in general foot his bills. 

Any pleas for political donations forwarded by useful idiots on social media should be met with 'He said he's a billionaire, let him pay for this with his couch change.' :|  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-fans-are-trying-to-pay-his-enormous-legal-bills-through-gofundme?ref=scroll

Or dumbasses could create a gofundme.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

He also just 'dropped' some really hideous gold sneakers. 

Gofundmes can be challenged for validity. Considering who the so-called beneficiary is, fraud isn't all that hard to claim.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

He also just 'dropped' some really hideous gold sneakers.

I thought of the perfect name for them: Con Airs. Seriously, is there nothing this guy won't slap his name on and try to sucker people out of their money with? That's a rhetorical question, obviously. I mean check this out.

trump_pickleball_paddle-r_ai0kkw_630.jpg.191d0a1b34e6bee10a0328b98dcb836f.jpg

The Tump pickleball paddle. :LithiumSmileyLaugh: Yep. Actually, I can sort of get the appeal of owning one of these though honestly, since you know every time you hit the ball he's getting smacked in the face.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

Politico has written something about Trump's ability to pay the fines or even obtain a bond from a lender during the appeals process.

Even if he has $440 million in cash on hand — and it’s far from clear that he does — paying the judgments could wipe out his accounts, since Trump himself has placed his cash reserves in the ballpark of that amount.

If he doesn’t have enough cash on hand, would he have to sell properties?

Trump would likely have to sell something, although it wouldn’t necessarily have to be property. He could sell investments or other assets.

In the civil fraud case, which is in New York state court, if Trump can’t post the funds or get a bond, then the judgment would take effect immediately and a sheriff could begin seizing Trump’s assets.

In all three cases, he has to put money in an escrow account with the court or get a bond while he’s appealing the verdicts.

The courts don’t have restrictions on the sources of funds used to pay judgments, and Trump would surely like to tap other funds than whatever money is in his own personal accounts.

He could transfer assets from the Trump Organization to himself in order to help satisfy the judgments.

Using his political vehicles to pay would be far trickier. There is a general ban on using campaign donations for personal uses unrelated to a campaign or the official duties of an officeholder. And as for his political action committees, Richard Pildes, a professor of constitutional law at New York University law school, said they can’t pay Trump’s judgments.

Two of Trump’s PACS spent $29 million in legal consulting and legal fees in the second half of last year, leaving only $5 million in his leadership PAC’s coffers.

The Republican National Committee doesn’t have the same ban on the personal use of funds as Trump’s campaign committee, but paying Trump’s judgments could jeopardize its nonprofit status.

I think this really explains a lot of shake up of the RNC:

The Republican National Committee doesn’t have the same ban on the personal use of funds as Trump’s campaign committee, but paying Trump’s judgments could jeopardize its nonprofit status.

He installed his daughter-in-law and a dedicated suck-up. He doesn't care about the RNC's status as a nonprofit and he wants people in charge that don't care either. Like most things he's taken over, he's probably going to suck them dry and abandon them once his needs are served. If they become his personal piggy bank and lose their status, I think that'll pretty much be the end of the Republican Party. No political party can survive without a nonprofit status. So that means they'll dissolve and reform with a new name or they'll just break apart into separate parties like the Whigs and Democratic Republicans did in the 1840s.

• Like 1