UnevenEdge

The Buddy System

Vamped

Serious questions in light of recent events and the ever present evidence of mental illness on the boards. 

Do you have a board buddy? Someone you can talk to off the boards if need be? A legit person, not someone from a questionable alt if something were to happen to you? 

(Or if you just want to take a break from the boards so nobody thinks you're dead.) 

• Thanks 1

I've worried about people here before, even recently. Not sure that naming them would be helpful. I don't feel like I know them well enough to put myself out there for them as a board buddy but maybe i should if it doesn't seem like they have anyone else like that here. 

Thank you for making this thread, this is an important thing to think about. 

My name, honored upon me by slyfoxxx, was the comfort negro. At one time I was the receiver of many PMs from users who honestly found me approachable, and a willing ear. 

I think I was babbling's default board "buddy" but again, I was a nice guy among babblers, which meant I was still a huge jerk.

As of now, if anything pressing happens, I'll let Sawdy know, and if anything happens and if I'm unable to contact him, several users are on my FB, which is also full of my friends from the noseiest town in the South and my wall will be full of info. 

I hereby give Pooh or disco full permission to tell of my death if it happens....I would say boo but she's not around as often.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

My name, honored upon me by slyfoxxx, was the comfort negro. At one time I was the receiver of many PMs from users who honestly found me approachable, and a willing ear. 

I think I was babbling's default board "buddy" but again, I was a nice guy among babblers, which meant I was still a huge jerk.

As of now, if anything pressing happens, I'll let Sawdy know, and if anything happens and if I'm unable to contact him, several users are on my FB, which is also full of my friends from the noseiest town in the South and my wall will be full of info. 

I hereby give Pooh or disco full permission to tell of my death if it happens....I would say boo but she's not around as often.

And you still get all my shit.. including all the other stuff

3 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

As I've been off-board for medical things in the past, there is one person on the boards that I have contact info that I've texted in the past so people don't have to freak out too much. 

Stop sending me pics of your gash 

44 minutes ago, molarbear said:

Anyone got @Mix ? My contact with him outside of here is inconsistent at best

No worries, bruv.

I'm actually immortal.

Keep that info on the low though.

Damn vampire hunters are hella persistent.

I try to explain that i'm not a vampire, show them the painting, but no....it's all sharp sticks and water with those guys....ageist motherfuckers

• Haha 1

I'm still alive - although to be honest, I don't think anyone gives a shit. It's bnmjy. I'm just not that into this community anymore. Been coming here less and less. So if I stop coming here, just assume I've completely lost interest. A few people have my contact info, so.

I do have a morbid mental health tale, that doesn't particularly involve me, but did affect me, if you guys are interested.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Insipid said:

I'm still alive - although to be honest, I don't think anyone gives a shit. It's bnmjy. I'm just not that into this community anymore. Been coming here less and less. So if I stop coming here, just assume I've completely lost interest. A few people have my contact info, so.

I do have a morbid mental health tale, that doesn't particularly involve me, but did affect me, if you guys are interested.

I'm interested.

2 minutes ago, Nablonsky said:

I'm interested.

Good enough.

This happened like two weeks after my main was banned, back in April. My upstairs neighbor, the one directly above my unit, had killed himself. I was sleeping under his corpse for four days until he was discovered. I wasn't that close with him. I just know when his husband died last year, he became for depressed and reclusive. I think he also wasn't able to afford rent anymore, as he talked about moving. Still, the apartments really aren't that expensive, so he must have fallen on some very hard times. I know he was also a baton twirler in the gay parades that happen this time of year.

10 hours ago, UnDeRwOrlDpRiNcEsS said:

I like this idea!

But no buddy.

Pat got to read my nonsense at one point but that was on the boards.

also - I’m not that active to be noticed - just on discord. 

No one here is important enough to be noticed. Even with so few of us, a user can be gone for weeks and usually one person will go "hey, where's _____".

Sponges was gone for over a month before I noticed, I have no clue how long kudz has been missing, and I only noticed Sorce was missing when there was so many women's issues happening but she was in none of the threads.

Know who I'd notice was gone (gonna stroke this kid's ego some more) Seight....

His 6am meme posts are legit how I start my day.....

*Sees seight post*

Fuck, must be time to get up.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Haha 7

On 6/16/2022 at 3:41 PM, Sawdamizer said:

Buddy knows how to find me, so does a few others on Xbox… wacky does too…. Umm… Disco and Pooh do, I think?

i got your digits, and i know where you live. >.>

pooh would be my go to. 

buddy would be my 2nd. 

Edited by discolé monade

I'm sure I'm probably a member that you think needs a board buddy. Pretty sure I don't have one of those, but I don't want one either. If I truly felt I needed one yeah maybe. I like I that idea I guess, and I have to give you props for the suggestion Vamped. ^_^

I am dealing with a lot irl, but my life has constantly been filled with dangerous struggles and situations to deal with..On top of being called some of the more 'out on a limb' members here's psychologist/shrink I probably have all that shit covered I guess, but that being said.. 

If anyone here truly feels at the end of their rope with their irl situations I believe my board history will reflect I have always offered as much. Well...Certain names that know who they are as well as every other acitve user here have voided that privilege unless I take it upon myself,

but my point remains.. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

Used to have a few people. 2 of them are no longer with us.

I don’t really have a board buddy. I’m not as active here as I used to be.

If someone wants/need to talk to me, they always can. I’m someone who is willing to listen and extend olive branches/hands/ears/help/compassion, regardless of history, creed, ideals, preferences, etc.
There’s only 1 exception to this, but we don’t have to worry about that here, praise be to Cthulhu.

Edited by lupin_bebop
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 11:04 PM, Insipid said:

Good enough.

This happened like two weeks after my main was banned, back in April. My upstairs neighbor, the one directly above my unit, had killed himself. I was sleeping under his corpse for four days until he was discovered. I wasn't that close with him. I just know when his husband died last year, he became for depressed and reclusive. I think he also wasn't able to afford rent anymore, as he talked about moving. Still, the apartments really aren't that expensive, so he must have fallen on some very hard times. I know he was also a baton twirler in the gay parades that happen this time of year.

He's twirling batons in heaven now

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stonergoth187 said:

Also. Just wanna add some humor in this

It's pretty bad when you're part of an online community where we need a buddy system.

XD

well ... I just suggested it because there's so few of us, plus there was a history of suicide even on ASMB. I dunno ... just in case anyone was struggling. 

Or even if it was .... hey I'm not dead, just moved on (physically not spiritually XD) 

• Like 2

On 6/30/2022 at 12:48 PM, Vamped said:

well ... I just suggested it because there's so few of us, plus there was a history of suicide even on ASMB. I dunno ... just in case anyone was struggling. 

Or even if it was .... hey I'm not dead, just moved on (physically not spiritually XD) 

Yes. I think we can all agree that it sucks.

51 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Katt can just unpin this ... nobody wants a board buddy XD

main-qimg-1ccf8741be5921b03a1861ecf08e1f

I was told there would be tits?

also, this was all sparked by some bullshit.

B36B9028-92BF-4233-9B05-D366436B8968.jpeg

Edited by Sawdy
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Vamped said:

Katt can just unpin this ... nobody wants a board buddy XD

main-qimg-1ccf8741be5921b03a1861ecf08e1f

It’s not that they don’t want one. It’s that there’s too much baggage/history/drama and bullshit here for it to work.

It’s a great altruistic idea, but ultimately it fails because there’s not enough stability for it to be around. 

Edited by lupin_bebop

6 hours ago, naraku360 said:

My buddy is a killswitch that causes the board server and all computers associated to explode if my heart stops.

Like we needed more of an incentive to…. Umm… do a thing… to you

• Haha 2