UnevenEdge

Mass Shootings - The Discussion 4ever

Sawdamizer

5 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

How many Congress people have to be killed before they act on gun control?

Asking for a country.

They already shot at members of Congress and hit a couple the fuck face Congress person Scalise, I think, almost had his leg blown off and still votes against gun control 

the only way gun control will happen is if black men start mass shooting in record numbers. Let’s face it, most of our laws were born from fear of black people exercising their rights.  Racist ass country. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Now I’m reading that the shooter didn’t have body armor with any plating inside so question is this, why did police let him get away and enter the school when they had him engaged after he crashed his car?

CA1D967F-A79B-4A0F-8846-C35F081C7272.jpeg

Interesting enough… there are now reports of parents begging the police to go in…

as wel..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/05/25/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting-wednesday/index.html

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

They already shot at members of Congress and hit a couple the fuck face Congress person Scalise, I think, almost had his leg blown off and still votes against gun control 

the only way gun control will happen is if black men start mass shooting in record numbers. Let’s face it, most of our laws were born from fear of black people exercising their rights.  Racist ass country. 

They'll just spin that to black shooters not having fathers, poverty, single mothers, poor education, drugs .... y'know just intensify the narratives they already push .... no mentions of mental illness .... reinforce the lack of humanity. 

Kill them onsite .... definitely no trips to BK. 

Guns still not to blame

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Vamped said:

They'll just spin that to black shooters not having fathers, poverty, single mothers, poor education, drugs .... y'know just intensify the narratives they already push .... no mentions of mental illness .... reinforce the lack of humanity. 

Kill them onsite .... definitely no trips to BK. 

Guns still not to blame

This country is a shit show and for some reason, NOW the right wants to talk about mental health, while doing absolutely nothing to get anyone that help.  

How come in communities that have daily shootings and deaths the answer is never “we need more good guys with guns!” Only ever when a mass shooting happens?  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

6492199C-D022-46D6-9A2C-1CAF84768D34.jpeg

How in the actual fuck did they think this was a good idea?? 

Did nobody show the cops the mandatory active shooter training we had to watch in college and when I worked at FedEx? 

was it just me? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

This country is a shit show and for some reason, NOW the right wants to talk about mental health, while doing absolutely nothing to get anyone that help.  

How come in communities that have daily shootings and deaths the answer is never “we need more good guys with guns!” Only ever when a mass shooting happens?  

They only talk about mental health when its convenient and fits the narrative they want to push. They dont give a fuck. Lots of publicly accessible mental health services for low income or under insured people are minimally funded. The mental health professionals are underpaid, overworked, and they make up some of the difference by using students

They dont care about people in general. They only started providing free breakfast and lunch to kids because of the pandemic, they're cutting that next year despite knowing that for some children that's all they will get to eat. Its a shit show. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Vamped said:

They only talk about mental health when its convenient and fits the narrative they want to push. They dont give a fuck. Lots of publicly accessible mental health services for low income or under insured people are minimally funded. The mental health professionals are underpaid, overworked, and they make up some of the difference by using students

They dont care about people in general. They only started providing free breakfast and lunch to kids because of the pandemic, they're cutting that next year despite knowing that for some children that's all they will get to eat. Its a shit show. 

Sometimes I really hate it here.  We could easily fund better mental health facilities. Take funds from the cops. They hesitate to do their jobs when they should be going all in, and kill people when they shouldn’t.  Lower federal and state law enforcement funding and give it to mental health.  Within a year I bet we’d see an improvement. Better mental healthcare would lead to lessening the need for cops in the first place 

• Like 1

I turn on the news in the morning to get the weather and traffic and general need to know stuff while I'm getting ready. Normally the miniature doesn't really care unless they're talking about thunderstorms but they were playing some of the interviews with the parents and some of the kids. That is painful AF to see these people broken and then they recapped the story and the miniature was like ... what happened at the school? 

Nothing happened because how do you explain this to a kid and then send them to school? 

Just carrying anxiety with you everywhere you go because who knows 

• Sad 5

I can’t imagine what parents are going through.  When I was a youngling I hated being lied to, or have things hidden from me. So maybe being honest at an appropriate time is the best bet. Idk. Here’s an article that might help. I didn’t really read it

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2022/05/26/1101306073/what-to-say-to-kids-about-school-shootings-to-ease-their-stress

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Except we need better wording because dumb people see “defund” and think it means giving them $0

It doesn't matter what wording you use for those people. Anything less than give cops all the money is communism to them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Except we need better wording because dumb people see “defund” and think it means giving them $0

I understand this argument. I don't believe most people actually think that, not even the really dumb ones. I think most people by now know what it means. Defund the police, take money away from them, use that money toward better things which will result in fewer problems that need addressing. 

They understand what it means. They just disagree with it.

Like how Biden and Democrats in power generally only ever talk about how we need to give the police MORE money, always giving them more money for more weapons and vehicles and tactical gear and fake OT. That's all any mayor or governor or president or politician ever wants to do is give endless more money to The Police as currently constructed. 

House the homeless. End the war on drugs. Defund the police.

People know what these things mean, they just pretend not to because they don't agree with it, and when you say these things they get hostile and pretend they agree but are simply embarrassed to be seen near you because you're wording it the Wrong way.

Like what that farcical loser @ZoomBubba is always on here crying about. "nooo stop saying that it'll make conservative democrats disagree with us even harder than they already do" fuck those people 

Edited by Nablonsky
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nablonsky said:

I understand this argument. I don't believe most people actually think that, not even the really dumb ones. I think most people by now know what it means. Defund the police, take money away from them, use that money toward better things which will result in fewer problems that need addressing. 

They understand what it means. They just disagree with it.

Like how Biden and Democrats in power generally only ever talk about how we need to give the police MORE money, always giving them more money for more weapons and vehicles and tactical gear and fake OT. That's all any mayor or governor or president or politician ever wants to do is give endless more money to The Police as currently constructed. 

House the homeless. End the war on drugs. Defund the police.

People know what these things mean, they just pretend not to because they don't agree with it, and when you say these things they get hostile and pretend they agree but are simply embarrassed to be seen near you because you're wording it the Wrong way.

Like what that farcical loser @ZoomBubba is always on here crying about. "nooo stop saying that it'll make conservative democrats disagree with us even harder than they already do" fuck those people 

I agree with you about “fuck those people pretending to misunderstand” but if we find better phrasing, which absolutely is the least of the problems, they can no longer pretend to misunderstand.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, stilgar said:

It doesn't matter what wording you use for those people. Anything less than give cops all the money is communism to them.

But at least if we use more precise language they can no longer pretend to disagree, but as I said to Nabs it is the least of our problems.

We need politicians with spines. Biden, the POTUS, asking us “when will we stand up against the gun lobby” was kinda ridiculous. He’s the POTUS and while he doesn’t have absolute power, he’s not powerless to take action.  

But at least if we use more precise language they can no longer pretend to disagree, but as I said to Nabs it is the least of our problems.

We need politicians with spines. Biden, the POTUS, asking us “when will we stand up against the gun lobby” was kinda ridiculous. He’s the POTUS and while he doesn’t have absolute power, he’s not powerless to take action.  

Can't even stand up to the (in kayfabe) "one or two rogue senators" standing in the way of the ""real"" agenda that is supposedly so close to passing but for the grace of West Virginia. But yeah, the Democrats are real close to... begging even more feebly for someone to come do something about "lobbying."

Edited by Nablonsky
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nablonsky said:

Can't even stand up to the (in kayfabe) "one or two rogue senators" standing in the way of the ""real"" agenda that is supposedly so close to passing but for the grace of West Virginia. But yeah, the Democrats are real close to... begging even more feebly for someone to come do something about "lobbying."

Yeah I’m really tired of one side being so fuckin vicious while the other side acts like victims of trauma.  I’m starting to think it’s all excuses. Democrats can blame the filibuster and Manchin without having to do a damn thing 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

That was probably directed at his own party as much as it was to the others.  Again, it's not a question of what he can or can't do, as much as how far he's willing to go.

I could be channeling my inner Nabs, but it's really time that team blue starts treating this like a blood sport.  Start pushing through draconian laws directed at firearm manufacturers regardless of whether or not they have the legal jurisdiction to do so, and, in particular, do it in a way that allows a state to attack a national enterprise.  Newsome had a good idea when he came up with a law that would allow murder victims families to sue a gun manufacturer, in the vein of Abbot's absurd abortion rule.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

That was probably directed at his own party as much as it was to the others.  Again, it's not a question of what he can or can't do, as much as how far he's willing to go.

I could be channeling my inner Nabs, but it's really time that team blue starts treating this like a blood sport.  Start pushing through draconian laws directed at firearm manufacturers regardless of whether or not they have the legal jurisdiction to do so, and, in particular, do it in a way that allows a state to attack a national enterprise.  Newsome had a good idea when he came up with a law that would allow murder victims families to sue a gun manufacturer, in the vein of Abbot's absurd abortion rule.

Well, we better do it fast cuz I just heard that the SCOTUS is getting ready to gut gun control laws despite it being a divisive issue, precedence and a tradition of allowing restrictions to gun ownership.   The NRA wasn’t always the crazy lobby it is today. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sawdamizer said:

It’s almost like we always knew they were pussies hiding behind some badge… enforcement class of the oligarchs 

Can't be overstated how police forces throughout the country have swelled their ranks with singularly unqualified people, and, like you said, that's a good thing if you're trying to suppress people rather than help them.

• Like 1

Every single one of the cops that stood by outside for 40 minutes needs to be fired, immediately. Disband the entire police force in that town because its clearly either incompetent or corrupt to the point that it doesnt work.  Possibly both. Investigate each and every one of them and if there is anything illegal you drag their asses to court.

It is literally their job to respond to things like this. And instead of doing their job they tazed and arrested parents who were trying to actually do something.

40 minutes.

They stood by for 40 freaking minutes and did more to arrest parents than stop a shooter. There is no coming back from that.

If the cops cant do their damn jobs then they have to go.  The precedent that is being set by departments across the country is that you cant rely on them and you need to do it yourself. That is not good. It wont be long before you see armed parents either guarding the schools or rushing in with their own rifles when a shooting happens. Parents are going to logically think that if the cops cant do it they need to do it themselves. Thats a recipe for disaster.

• Like 4

It’s not just the 40 minute delay it’s also letting him make it there in the first place that’s a big problem.  Also the “shout out if you need help” fail that got a child killed.  Fuckin cops across the country are turning out to be an embarrassment 

• Like 3

When  I heard that I couldnt believe it.

There is no way that is part of the training.

"Call out if you need help!"  Mother fucker, you know they need help. They need to stay as quite as possible until the shooter is nullified.

I am struggling to wrap my head around just how poorly the cops performed. Like, I get some screw ups and mistakes in the heat of the moment.  But this is nothing but failure from start to finish.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

It’s not just the 40 minute delay it’s also letting him make it there in the first place that’s a big problem.  Also the “shout out if you need help” fail that got a child killed.  Fuckin cops across the country are turning out to be an embarrassment 

Absolute failure all around, and of course it happens in one of the worst fuckin states where the worst representation exists… so… now what?

I think the interview with Cruz hit it right on the fucking head

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sawdamizer said:

Absolute failure all around, and of course it happens in one of the worst fuckin states where the worst representation exists… so… now what?

I think the interview with Cruz hit it right on the fucking head

Cruz made a complete ass out of himself in that interview. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vamped said:

This fuck does this even mean ?? 

Screenshot_20220526-152724_Chrome.jpg

Herschel Walker took too many hits to the head during his NFL career. He’s suggesting, in America, to have an arm of federal law enforcement, whose sole purpose will be to spy on males using social media online to look at women?  That’s the best translation I could come up with. Mind you, the dude also denied Trump ever said that the 2020 election was stolen, he tried to assert Trump never said it. The media said he said that 😬. Too many blows to the head. 

• Like 5

Oh good, MD already covered thoughts I was mulling on. Like. Forget looking themselves in the mirror. How does the entire department come back from this embarrassment? Ain't nobody in that district going to be calling the cops for anything for a while. Would expect names and faces to be circulating before long, if they aren't already. Surely they know none of them could make so much as a traffic stop without being spat on at the least. The only honorable thing to do would be shameful resignation en masse.

Think I'd also be liking to see their police budget significantly slashed and redirected towards either the schools or a victims fund or both. They clearly aren't using the money for anything useful.

• Like 3

My store now has an active shooter plan. This is what its come to - a craft store has to have an active shooter plan alongside the usual fire and tornado plans. :|

The only good thing [ if you can call it that ] is for the first time ever, we are being told that yes, physically fight back if you have to and use whatever you need to do so. 

• Sad 1