UnevenEdge

I don't know why anyone would remotely care to hack this place.

K_N

4 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Kind of makes me wonder if it isn't ukrainian web crawlers or something of the sort honing in on all the political megathreads in rants. Just by keywords or something like that. Otherwise why would anybody from either Russia or Ukraine know about UE? 

Thats not a bad theory

1 hour ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Kind of makes me wonder if it isn't ukrainian web crawlers or something of the sort honing in on all the political megathreads in rants. Just by keywords or something like that. Otherwise why would anybody from either Russia or Ukraine know about UE? 

There are 2 Ukraines now.  East (Russian) and West.  Eastern Ukraine is where all the hacking probably comes from.  Read a story today on BBC that Western Ukraine is having really bad flooding because Ural forests are being stripped of their wood by unknown entities (bet it's the East).

3 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

There are 2 Ukraines now.  East (Russian) and West.  Eastern Ukraine is where all the hacking probably comes from.  Read a story today on BBC that Western Ukraine is having really bad flooding because Ural forests are being stripped of their wood by unknown entities (bet it's the East).

Yeah I am aware. I can see people from either area putting a curious eye on what us americans think about Russiagate etc though. I have a Polish friend/DJ that reached out thinking I might be dead or something from all the news about how covid-19 hit the states lol.. Our enemies are rejoicing, our allies are like..

dd0.png

3 hours ago, K_N said:

But it happens. Thought this was interesting enough to share with y'all.

image.png

The Ukrainians are clearly retaliating for my deleting all their accounts to fix the emails.

Revenge of PeterBo, SamanDi, and all their equally obvious bot brethren.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

The Ukrainians are clearly retaliating for my deleting all their accounts to fix the emails.

Revenge of PeterBo, SamanDi, and all their equally obvious bot brethren.

I still never got the purpose of aimless bot accounts in this instance. Strictly for DOS purposes? They did a lousy ass job even at their peak if that was the aim, but hey I'm not looking at things from KN's or an admin perspective either just grasping at straws. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

Well there's also the fact that this site is privatley hosted (to whaetver degree) Kn's shed some light on that before, but it's not strictly privately hosted either from what I recall.. If it was.. and the server was poor enough a mass influx of bot users could serve for a DoS attack.. It's just that would mean the one(s) responsible werent very knowledgable at all of their target.. possibly just random people testing a DoS attack and so many other possibilities.

bot users are a problem pretty much everywhere a person can have an account though on the interent so the subject just gets me curious. Russian/Ukrainian bots sure try to pile into this place though for whatever reason.. 

6 hours ago, tsar4 said:

Am not!  

(Лайно, вони до нас!)

I put "frick" in Google Translate and the re-translation for what I got was "cunning."

THIS GOES DEEPER THAN ANY OF US CAN COMPREHEND.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2020 at 7:19 PM, PhilosipherStoned said:

It could be that, or it could be people just scanning blocks of IP addresses.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 7:07 AM, lupin_bebop said:

Is it just like......crawler scripts or something? Or like......legitimate attempts?

Not crawlers, but likely mostly automated scripts looking for amateur hour stuff like unsecured wordpress or phpmyadmin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, K_N said:

Not crawlers, but likely mostly automated scripts looking for amateur hour stuff like unsecured wordpress or phpmyadmin.

HAHAHAHA. Okay. Thanks. I needed that giggle.

I didn't know that stuff was still being searched for/used/existed. Man......I REALLY need to refresh my code and language skills.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 3:19 PM, PhilosipherStoned said:

On 7/6/2020 at 3:07 AM, lupin_bebop said:

Is it just like......crawler scripts or something? Or like......legitimate attempts?

maxresdefault.jpg

48 minutes ago, K_N said:

It could be that, or it could be people just scanning blocks of IP addresses.

47 minutes ago, K_N said:

• 1 year later...