UnevenEdge

FOOTBALL 2019: SMACK TALK & SHIT POSTING

1pooh4u

6 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

packers/bear, would have loved to see that lateral play work. they were less than 20 yards away. 

cowboys/rams, why are the cowboys so polarizing? they should be able to put out more games like this but instead they lose to the jets.

I think the Bears got it down within the 5.

The polarizing nature of the Cowboys comes from the self-proclaimed "America's Team" nickname.   It even bled over into Baseball, when some of the Cubs recorded "Men In Blue" with the line, "We're America's Real Team".

4 hours ago, tsar4 said:

The polarizing nature of the Cowboys comes from the self-proclaimed "America's Team" nickname.   It even bled over into Baseball, when some of the Cubs recorded "Men In Blue" with the line, "We're America's Real Team".

Actually, you can blame it on the Sabols and NFL Films for calling them that in a 1970's-era highlight package. Dallas ownership (and everybody else) ran with it...and the rest is history.

47 minutes ago, Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung said:

Actually, you can blame it on the Sabols and NFL Films for calling them that in a 1970's-era highlight package. Dallas ownership (and everybody else) ran with it...and the rest is history.

I can hear it now...

• Like 1

Scores and Picks are up.

Be aware there is NO THURSDAY GAME. There are THREE GAMES ON SATURDAY.

Also, the leader board is tightening up, so we are all really good or all really bad, but we are together. :D

*Leaderboard*

Panic - 143

Seight - 143

VicodineS - 142

Ginguy - 141

Master-Debater - 138

Pooh - 138

Starpanda - 134

Distoredreasoning - 123

Molarbear - 106

Scoobdog - 95

A Bears fan in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, "Wanna hear a joke about Packer fans?" 
The guy next to him replies, "Well before you tell that joke you should know something. 
I'm 6' tall and 220 pounds and I'm a Packer fan. 
The guy sitting next to me is 6'2" tall, 240 pounds and he's a Packer fan, 
and the guy sitting next to him is 6'5", 280 pounds and he's a Packer fan, too. 
Now, do you still wanna tell that joke?" 
The Bears fan says, "Nah, not if I'm gonna have to explain it three times."-Unknown

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Scores and Picks are up.

Be aware there is NO THURSDAY GAME. There are THREE GAMES ON SATURDAY.

Also, the leader board is tightening up, so we are all really good or all really bad, but we are together. :D

*Leaderboard*

Panic - 143

Seight - 143

VicodineS - 142

Ginguy - 141

Master-Debater - 138

Pooh - 138

Starpanda - 134

Distoredreasoning - 123

Molarbear - 106

Scoobdog - 95

Oh snap that’s really close 😮

Yeah the range from first place to sixth place is five points.

The GOAT and LOL picks are five points, and it is two points per playoff game, so it really is just about anyone's game.

I'm kind of glad it is close like this, it makes it fun to see how everyone is doing.

On 12/16/2019 at 5:39 AM, tsar4 said:

yes youre right, they were that close just one more lateral away and i think a lateral to robison or cohen would have gotten them the td. 

*Leaderboard*

Seight - 155

Panic - 154

Ginguy - 153

VicodineS - 152

Master-Debater - 150

Pooh - 150

Starpanda - 144

Distoredreasoning - 123

Molarbear - 128

Scoobdog - 104

Tight leader board.

All games are on Sunday this week.

I'm contemplating giving out 2 pts for the "Shame Bowl" Browns v Bengals game. Let me know here what you think of that.

I have a question which may have been addressed earlier in the year. How will the bonus points for the GOAT be decided if multiple teams finish 13-3 or 12-4?

(It won't be a problem on the other end due to the Forever Suck Gods Bengals already clinching the worst record)

Ah, okay.

I'd also like to point out the irony of the future Las Vegas Raiders essentially having to hit a Parlay to make the playoffs:

Oakland clinches a playoff berth with:

1. OAK win + PIT loss + TEN loss + IND win + OAK clinches strength-of-victory tiebreaker over PIT*

*OAK clinches strength-of-victory tiebreaker over PIT if ONE of the following teams win or tie: CHI, DET, LAC OR NE

I understand that the Panthers have offensive line problems and don't have Cam Newton.

CHRIST, I just want to forget this season. Kyle Allen is sub-par as a second string QB and Will Grier is softer than baby shit. He got injured in his second NFL game. I hope they make wise choices in the next draft, because I don't see next season being any better.

• Sad 1

Scores updated.

*Leaderboard*

Panic - 165

Seight - 164

Ginguy - 162

Master-Debater - 161

Pooh - 159

VicodineS - 158

Starpanda - 152

Distoredreasoning - 123

Molarbear - 128

Scoobdog - 104

No one got the GOAT (Ravens) or the LOL (Bengals), so this is how we head into the playoffs.

It really is anyone's game at this point, which makes it fun in my estimation.

Remember, Games are on Saturday and Sunday so get picks in. (I'm putting them up in a moment.)

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all had fun playing during the regular season.

On 12/30/2019 at 11:55 AM, Master-Debater131 said:

Our season is over, but we took the Raiders down with us, so I am satisfied. 

Fuck the Raiders 

On 12/30/2019 at 8:41 AM, nameraka said:

As far as I'm concerned, the dolphins won the Superbowl yesterday.

i really like the phins for starting out as a tank year but then the coaches and players wanting to win. so what they do? sit down their garbage tier qb  rosen, and start the much better fitzpatrick. they dont do good but avoid being bottom feeders and build a more winning culture. plus they legit beat the pates lmao!

compare this to cleaveland, who built their 6-10 team after many years of tanking. and now they are in disarray. 

21 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Scores updated.

*Leaderboard*

Panic - 165

Seight - 164

Ginguy - 162

Master-Debater - 161

Pooh - 159

VicodineS - 158

Starpanda - 152

Distoredreasoning - 123

Molarbear - 128

Scoobdog - 104

No one got the GOAT (Ravens) or the LOL (Bengals), so this is how we head into the playoffs.

It really is anyone's game at this point, which makes it fun in my estimation.

Remember, Games are on Saturday and Sunday so get picks in. (I'm putting them up in a moment.)

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all had fun playing during the regular season.

Have we ever had a year this close before? I cant remember a year when we have had this many people so close together before. 

6 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Have we ever had a year this close before? I cant remember a year when we have had this many people so close together before. 

I'm trying to think if we had?

Maybe the first year I took over from IowaCubsFan we had three people close. Since then the GOAT and LOL picks tend to kind of make it a runaway.

I like it close like this, I think it adds an element of drama. I'm considering changing the GOAT and LOL pick to 5 pts next year, making playoffs 5 pts each and the Superbowl worth 10 pts.

That was almost certainly the best hire they could have made. Not a long list of coaches willing to go to Washington. Rivera/Del Rio and draft Chase Young. Should have a really good defense soon.

Cleveland is an interesting spot. Word is the owner wanted to interview McCarthy and McDaniels last year while Kevin Stefanski was the guy Paul DePodesta wanted, but Dorsey wouldn't have it so they went with Kitchens instead. Now that Dorsey is out of the way, gotta be one of those three guys.

Carolina
Mike McCarthy (former Packers HC)
Josh McDaniels (Patriots OC)
Matt Rhule (Baylor HC)
Brian Daboll (Bills OC)
Eric Bienemy (Chiefs OC)
Greg Roman (Ravens OC)
Kevin Stefanski (Vikings OC)

Cleveland
Josh McDaniels
Mike McCarthy
Kevin Stefanski
Urban Meyer (former Ohio State HC)
Robert Saleh (49ers DC)
Brian Daboll
Greg Roman
Mike LaFleur (49ers pass coordinator)
Mike McDaniel (49ers run coordinator)
Eric Bienemy
Matt Rhule

Dallas
Mike McCarthy
Lincoln Riley (Oklahoma HC)
Urban Meyer
Marvin Lewis (former Bengals HC)
Mike Zimmer (Vikings HC, trade?)
Dennis Allen (Saints DC)
Dan Campbell (Saints asst HC, former Cowboy)
Matt Rhule
Dan Mullen (Florida HC, former HC of Dak Prescott)

New York
Matt Rhule
Mike McCarthy
Josh McDaniels
Don Martindale (Ravens DC)
Joe Judge (Patriots ST coach)
Kris Richard (Cowboys DB coach)
Eric Bienemy

Edited by panic

I heard rumors he put his home in NE on the market and is buying in NYC. I don’t want that asshole and his dumb bitch wife living in NYC. He’s not fuckin welcome here. 💩

seriously though, I think he’s going to play another year with the Pats, they’ll give him a year contract. Booger kept saying Brady will play somewhere else if not NE.  Booger’s dumb. No way Brady plays for anyone else. 

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

I heard rumors he put his home in NE on the market and is buying in NYC. I don’t want that asshole and his dumb bitch wife living in NYC. He’s not fuckin welcome here. 💩

seriously though, I think he’s going to play another year with the Pats, they’ll give him a year contract. Booger kept saying Brady will play somewhere else if not NE.  Booger’s dumb. No way Brady plays for anyone else. 

I dunno. Theres been a ton of talk of Brady going to play for the Chargers for a year or two. 

Booger is dumb though. Thats the one nice thing about last nights game. Its the last time we have to deal with him for the year. 

• Haha 1