UnevenEdge

FOOTBALL 2019: SMACK TALK & SHIT POSTING

1pooh4u

Rust is something you see in preseason. Timing is off, out of sync, running the wrong routes. You don't get rust after a week or two of only practice and no game.

Drops are lack of concentration. Typical playoff nerves. Too much adrenaline.

Edited by panic
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, panic said:

Review shows Packers player with the ball under the pile. Packers player hands the ref the ball after the play. But "no clear recovery."

Uh huh. 🙄

I had questions about that as well

In other news that KC game was crazy

I literally went to flip/put away laundry and all the sudden they had the lead

Edited by molarbear

Rules question - I know that an offensive player cannot go out-of-bounds and then come in and be the first to touch the ball.  Does the same hold true for defensive players?

On that Hail Mary, GB's 31 backed out of the end zone, came back in & swatted the ball away.

1 hour ago, tsar4 said:

Rules question - I know that an offensive player cannot go out-of-bounds and then come in and be the first to touch the ball.  Does the same hold true for defensive players?

Rule 8-1-8-b: "It is a foul for illegal touching if a forward pass first touches or is caught by an eligible receiver who has gone out of bounds (either by his own volition or by being legally forced out) and has re-established himself inbounds."

Does not apply to defense.

42 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Packers reallllyyyyy trying to choke this one away 

Of note was repeated "injured" players to try to stop the momentum.  Used to see that a bunch in college games, until they added a rule against it.

That was horseshit! How in the hell do you kick a field goal on 4th and 1 when you're up by three touchdowns with a chance to completely devastate them in front of their home crowd? Also, I hope and pray this is Bill O'Brien's last game as head coach of the Houston Texans. That was pathetic! You don't take your foot off the gas even for a second against a team like the Kansas City Chiefs. You go all out and take those damn chances when you know how quickly they can score!

Bill O'Brien, please resign or talk the ownership into firing you because that was a terrible game.

17 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

So, think the Texans fire their coach? Lots of talk popping up already that their collapse today deserves it. 

They still scored 31 on the Chiefs, a week after eliminating the Bills.  Fans looking to fire the coach after getting the team to and winning a game in the playoffs are simply being unreasonable, especially when the Texans got there without their star defensive player.

12 hours ago, scoobdog said:

They still scored 31 on the Chiefs, a week after eliminating the Bills.  Fans looking to fire the coach after getting the team to and winning a game in the playoffs are simply being unreasonable, especially when the Texans got there without their star defensive player.

they were very lucky to get to that 24 point lead. chiefs seemed out of sync completely for that first quarter. but once the chiefs showed up it was over. calling for a field goal on that 4th and 1 was inexcusable. not having plays to hang onto big leads is also on the coach. they did everything possible to give them life when they were supposed to stick in that knife even deeper. 

i fucking hate the afc south! the titans will not beat the chiefs, and the texans should have beaten the chiefs after being gifted those 24 points. now i have to root for the niners or packers cuz fuck the chiefs. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

they were very lucky to get to that 24 point lead. chiefs seemed out of sync completely for that first quarter. but once the chiefs showed up it was over. calling for a field goal on that 4th and 1 was inexcusable. not having plays to hang onto big leads is also on the coach. they did everything possible to give them life when they were supposed to stick in that knife even deeper. 

i fucking hate the afc south! the titans will not beat the chiefs, and the texans should have beaten the chiefs after being gifted those 24 points. now i have to root for the niners or packers cuz fuck the chiefs. 

Inexcusable, but it wasn’t going to change the result.  It was only a matter of time before Mahomes started to click, much in the same way of Russ Wilson.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:07 AM, scoobdog said:

Inexcusable, but it wasn’t going to change the result.  It was only a matter of time before Mahomes started to click, much in the same way of Russ Wilson.

Maybe so, but at least by going for it on 4th and 1, you're making the defense try to stop you. By kicking a field goal, the Texans gave the Chiefs confidence in knowing they can stop them from scoring. In other words, when the Texans settled for three points, they gave the Chiefs a "win", which snowballed into what we saw for the rest of the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung said:

Maybe so, but at least by going for it on 4th and 1, you're making the defense try to stop you. By kicking a field goal, the Texans gave the Chiefs confidence in knowing they can stop them from scoring. In other words, when the Texans settled for three points, they gave the Chiefs a "win", which snowballed into what we saw for the rest of the game.

I don't think the Chiefs needed confidence in anything, they just needed a break which would have come sooner or later.  Go for it and not make it, that's a break they need.  Make a touchdown, it might be demoralizing, but does not put the game out of reach.  As it stood, the defense still had a 24 point lead to work with, and they couldn't hold it.  I understand some of the criticism, but it still seems silly to me given that all indications were the Chiefs were able to score at will after the first quarter.  This one play was not going to be a catalyst for anything given the end result was a blowout going the other way.

*Leaderboard*

Seight - 189

Panic - 185

Pooh - 184

VicodineS - 183

Ginguy - 183

Master-Debater - 176

Starpanda - 172

Molarbear - 148

Distoredreasoning - 123

Scoobdog - 129

That One Guy - 20

The picks for the Conference Championship games are up.

Still pretty tight in the scores, I don't think it will be a run away this year.

God, if Tennessee pulls out an upset against Kansas City, it'll be one of the the craziest things I have ever seen. Going on the road to beat New England, Baltimore, and than possibly KC. Nuts. I wonder what kind of payday Ryan Tannehill will get. Though from what I heard hes expected to be franchise tagged. 

3 hours ago, jayrider128 said:

God, if Tennessee pulls out an upset against Kansas City, it'll be one of the the craziest things I have ever seen. Going on the road to beat New England, Baltimore, and than possibly KC. Nuts. I wonder what kind of payday Ryan Tannehill will get. Though from what I heard hes expected to be franchise tagged. 

i really hope they do, but i dont think kc is gonna fall behind like they did against the texans. the titans had a great run eliminating the pats and the super hot ravens but their streak should end here. again nothing is ever a guarantee in the nfl but the titans just arent really that good. tannehill had a great season being able to turn the team around after he took over for mariota. say what you want about henry being the mvp of the team but imo tannehill should also be credited for the teams success. 

14 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i really hope they do, but i dont think kc is gonna fall behind like they did against the texans. the titans had a great run eliminating the pats and the super hot ravens but their streak should end here. again nothing is ever a guarantee in the nfl but the titans just arent really that good. tannehill had a great season being able to turn the team around after he took over for mariota. say what you want about henry being the mvp of the team but imo tannehill should also be credited for the teams success. 

Agreed. Tannehill has been a Godsend for Tennessee.

Also, I can't believe I'm saying this since they used to be the Oilers, but I hope they win it all now. I really do. It was fun seeing them upset both the Patriots and the Ravens. I still can't stand them, but I'd rather the lowly underdog win, and they're the underdog.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I don't think the Chiefs needed confidence in anything, they just needed a break which would have come sooner or later.  Go for it and not make it, that's a break they need.  Make a touchdown, it might be demoralizing, but does not put the game out of reach.  As it stood, the defense still had a 24 point lead to work with, and they couldn't hold it.  I understand some of the criticism, but it still seems silly to me given that all indications were the Chiefs were able to score at will after the first quarter.  This one play was not going to be a catalyst for anything given the end result was a blowout going the other way.

you are correct that they did not lose the game because of this one play, but going for it on 4th and 1 in the red zone is gonna be the better play 9/10 times than kicking the field goal. especially against the chiefs, you will need all the points you can get against them. even the best defenses in the league cant keep this team down forever. 

yes the team did have a good regular season and they won a playoff game, but they are nowhere close to contending for a title. and they arent well positioned to make the moves to make the improvements they need. and next season the titans and the colts could give them trouble. 

12 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

I don't really know what you mean they really aren't that good but I'm totally with you though, i really hope the beat KC!

2 hours ago, Ginguy said:

The idea of Tannehill playing in the Superbowl seems like an affront to God....

Not hatin' just saiyan.....

I've said this in a previous post before but I always thought he was career average QB, sorta in the mold of an Aaron Brooks or a Matt Stafford. You put a solid team around those guys, you can def win. How far though absolutely varies, we all know throughout history is that you have an exceptionally better chance of going all the way with an elite QB. These championship games are gonna be alot of fun!

13 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

I've said this in a previous post before but I always thought he was career average QB, sorta in the mold of an Aaron Brooks or a Matt Stafford.

Stats wise and player comp wise, I would go with Andy Dalton.

50 minutes ago, panic said:

Stats wise and player comp wise, I would go with Andy Dalton.

I've always liked Andy Dalton. I just wish he never went to Cincy only because he's been stuck in relative mediocrity. (I mean yes, he's been their franchise QB since he's been there. That said, if he had gone somewhere else like, say, the Eagles, he could've kicked a lot of butt.)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jayrider128 said:

I don't really know what you mean they really aren't that good but I'm totally with you though, i really hope the beat KC!

when i say not that good, i mean that they arent up there with the higher tier teams. yes they beat the hottest team in the league and have made i further than most teams. upsets happen. but they arent going any further. kc is a high scoring machine and they are firing on all cylinders. the titans dont have the fire power or the super high level defense needed to beat the chiefs. they can still hope to upset but i wouldnt bet on it. 

6 hours ago, Ginguy said:

The idea of Tannehill playing in the Superbowl seems like an affront to God....

Not hatin' just saiyan.....

tannehill played at a top 10 qb this season. nothing was expected from that team after mariota dug them to an early grave. but he stepped up and not only gave that team new life, but he also rescued his career. i would be very happy seeing him there this year. 

7 hours ago, Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung said:

I've always liked Andy Dalton. I just wish he never went to Cincy only because he's been stuck in relative mediocrity. (I mean yes, he's been their franchise QB since he's been there. That said, if he had gone somewhere else like, say, the Eagles, he could've kicked a lot of butt.)

I gotta say, not looking forward to Cincy potentially destroying Joe Burrow.

46 minutes ago, Seight said:

I gotta say, not looking forward to Cincy potentially destroying Joe Burrow.

I feel ya dude! Mike Brown is up there with Dan Snyder as one of the worst owners in the league imo, so I hope Joe overcomes the struggle. Maybe AJ Green comes back and Joe can have him and Tyler Boyd to start off with his NFL career. Thatd be nice.