UnevenEdge

FOOTBALL 2019: SMACK TALK & SHIT POSTING

1pooh4u

1 hour ago, Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung said:

Uh oh! Someone might be challenging for a Wild Card spot in the AFC! (lol Not really.)

They get to play Miami-Cincy back to back so there's a non-zero chance they're actually 6-7 when they play Baltimore.

Also, the Rams turned into a sack of hammers pretty quick, huh?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seight said:

They get to play Miami-Cincy back to back so there's a non-zero chance they're actually 6-7 when they play Baltimore.

Also, the Rams turned into a sack of hammers pretty quick, huh?

If the Jets finish 8-8, I'll call it a successful season, and hope they can build on that. We need someone to dethrone New England in the AFC East ASAP! (As much as I like Buffalo, I don't think they're the team to do it. It should be the Jets.) Besides, the Patriots will eventually run into the buzzsaw that is the Baltimore ravens.

Speaking of, I'm not surprised they turned a Wild Card-contending team like the Rams into a laughing stock last night. Despite their two losses, Baltimore is that good. I mean THAT good! They might be the late-season favorites to win the AFC this year.

Edited by Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung said:

Uh oh! Someone might be challenging for a Wild Card spot in the AFC! (lol Not really.)

if the jets had one less loss i might have said they got a punchers chance. they should just try to win out to try and build a culture of success. and then get people the need most. too bad sam got mono early in the season. 

16 hours ago, Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung said:

If the Jets finish 8-8, I'll call it a successful season, and hope they can build on that. We need someone to dethrone New England in the AFC East ASAP! (As much as I like Buffalo, I don't think they're the team to do it. It should be the Jets.) Besides, the Patriots will eventually run into the buzzsaw that is the Baltimore ravens.

Speaking of, I'm not surprised they turned a Wild Card-contending team like the Rams into a laughing stock last night. Despite their two losses, Baltimore is that good. I mean THAT good! They might be the late-season favorites to win the AFC this year.

the rams have been a night and day difference from last season. 

their offense just isnt as good for some reason. have teams just figured out goff?

11 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

the rams have been a night and day difference from last season. 

their offense just isnt as good for some reason. have teams just figured out goff?

There's only so much McVay can do to cover for Goff's shortcomings.  He was at best serviceable last year, and he never quite took the next step.

27 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

He clearly isn't.

No, he hasn't, and if I were a Rams fan, I'd be very concerned. (I was going to add this to my other post, but I'm on my phone waiting for some local Tex-Mex, and you had already responded.)

My advice: Draft a QB in the second or third round to light a fire under Goff's ass. A little QB competition may be what he needs in order to progress to that next level.

• Like 1

Picks are up, scores are updated.

I'm gonna post the current leader board, the scores are extremely tight which makes it a lot more fun imo

*Leaderboard*

VicodineS - 124

Ginguy - 123

Panic - 122

Seight - 122

Master-Debater - 122

Starpanda - 117

Pooh - 117

Distoredreasoning - 114

Scoobdog - 95

Molarbear - 87

Edited by Ginguy

ron is a great coach, he will bounce back next season. wish the raiders would grab him but i doubt davis dumps gruden. he will have his choice pick no doubt. 

god the cowboys and the nfc east in general just suck so much balls. i know bears got a good defense but you should never lose against trubisky. theres a good chance we will see an 8-8 or 7-9 division champ. hope the cowboys win so garret could keep his job and the cowboys can remain mediocre. 

9 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

ron is a great coach, he will bounce back next season. wish the raiders would grab him but i doubt davis dumps gruden. he will have his choice pick no doubt. 

god the cowboys and the nfc east in general just suck so much balls. i know bears got a good defense but you should never lose against trubisky. theres a good chance we will see an 8-8 or 7-9 division champ. hope the cowboys win so garret could keep his job and the cowboys can remain mediocre. 

Again, the NFC East title is LAVA!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung said:

Again, the NFC East title is LAVA!

both the giants and skins are a garbage tier. it doesnt look like they will turn things around next season. eagles have like all their receivers injured and wentz has not looked good in a long time. and cowboys? i think they are good in terms of talent but being held back by coaching. 

3 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

both the giants and skins are a garbage tier. it doesnt look like they will turn things around next season. eagles have like all their receivers injured and wentz has not looked good in a long time. and cowboys? i think they are good in terms of talent but being held back by coaching. 

Maybe Garrett gets canned and Jerry Jones brings in Ron Rivera? If Dallas doesn't get it together, that could end up being the result.

• Like 1

49ers v Saints was awesome.

Texans, seriously guys?

On 12/6/2019 at 2:42 PM, tsar4 said:

Even as a Bears fan, I was surprised by this - in the entire history of the NFL, no other quarterback has done all this in one game - 

image.png.50cad8a7eabcd7dc57dd12dcc9f7738d.png

Watch Bears trade him away for two second round picks in the 2022 draft....

17 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

We may have found a QB :D 

Trubiski?

He's too good, Elway's ego won't allow for it.

You're gonna get Darnold when the Jets trade him away for two third round picks and a pack of Tropical Fruit skittles.

I saw a great burn on some other website yesterday. They were talking about all the scouts that thought Lamar Jackson should be a WR in the NFL and someone replied "It's just incredible that the most productive wide receiver in college football would turn out to be really good at throwing the football to his fellow wide receivers."

8 minutes ago, molarbear said:

What happened?

For some reason Fox decided to show the Eagles/Redskins game here and I didn't feel like going to a sports bar

On a short punt, the Bear player timed the hit perfectly, making contact immediately after the Packer touched the ball.  The Packer dropped the ball and another Bear grabbed it with no one between him and the goal line.  Whistles blew (so do the refs) - "Kick-Catch interference"...Packers ball plus 15.

3 hours ago, tsar4 said:

On a short punt, the Bear player timed the hit perfectly, making contact immediately after the Packer touched the ball.  The Packer dropped the ball and another Bear grabbed it with no one between him and the goal line.  Whistles blew (so do the refs) - "Kick-Catch interference"...Packers ball plus 15.

https://twitter.com/BadSportsRefs/status/1206279350292819969

was able to watch a bunch of football today.

first off, the raiders. they deserved to get booed. final game in oakland and this is what they put out? failure on so many levels. 

steelers/bills, kind of an ugly game. i know these are two very defensive teams but the steelers offense is hot garbage. 

falcolns/niners, what a finish! 

packers/bear, would have loved to see that lateral play work. they were less than 20 yards away. 

cowboys/rams, why are the cowboys so polarizing? they should be able to put out more games like this but instead they lose to the jets.

seahawks/panthers, got interesting at the end when seahawks let the panther almost get back in after they were down by 3 TDs. 

8 hours ago, molarbear said:

I don't remember, can they challenge penalties in the NFL now? 

Either way this gives me a reason to avoid facebook because my cousins are Bears fans and always say the officials cost them the game when the Packers beat them

They can't challenge "unnecessary roughness" penalties.  There was talk during the Bears post-game that at the Winter Meetings the teams are going to push for being able to challenge all penalties.  Belechek brought it up years ago, then last year a couple other teams brought it up, but this season the officiating has gotten so bad that a lot of teams are po'd and want changes.  There were a couple other questionable calls in the Bears game, a missed PI & a catch ruled out-of-bounds (a camera angle seemed to show the receiver in-bounds).

Some guy on FB posted a crack about Bears Fans living in the past (1985), then proceeded to post a meme that had Clay Matthews (currently playing for the Rams).  He never responded when I pointed that was "in the past" too.