UnevenEdge

Vic Mignogna is in Trouble

ben0119

23 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Yeah she was Judge tananbaum. It is rare, as usually there isn't a judge. However last week and a couple of other times I've seen judges present. Right now I'm dealing with someone who doesn't want to pay construction fees. They're 3 weeks behind, so I had to tell them that I can't continue this unless they pay me for at least one week as to our agreement etc.  Their argument is that they shouldn't have to pay me despite signing a contract, and if I don't finish then I have to pay them ontop of my labor I've already done, materials etc. Needless to say we did this and the court date is at the end august. Unrelated. 

Yeah I can't say that I'm fully brushed up on TX rules. From what I understood on objections was that you could object for a multiple of reasons. A judge can approve or deny any objections though. Things that can be objected would be hypothetical scenarios not presented by an expert,  leading questions, relevance etc. 

Lol you have to pay them if you don't finish? For what?

2 hours ago, Daos said:

Lol you have to pay them if you don't finish? For what?

I don't have to pay them anything, we're going to court so I can get paid, but they're being idiots and saying that they're going to counter sue and I'll pay them. They wanted their basement, dining room, living room, halls, bathrooms, and upstairs drywalled  Had to do some demo in pulling out old drywall and insulation, Hanging and finishing drywall and painting. Pretty much they're trying to renegotiate on an agreement they've already signed. Then they're saying that they shouldn't be responsible for paying for materials, and I don't know how or why they thought that, so they want me to not be paid for the 3 weeks of labor in 90-100 degree weather, reimburse them for the materials, and pay them for not finishing a job that they weren't paying me for. I don't know if they think they're being slick and can get out of it, or if they're just that dumb; but it's not the first time I've been to small claims over junk like this and it probably won't be the last.   Usually when I'm in court it's over the dumbest things that really shouldn't ever have to be in court. 

5 minutes ago, Daos said:

Small claims? This sounds like it's way over the max amount for small claims.

Not having to pay for materials? You have to pay if you don't finish? They're either idiots or not from the US.

In PA it's 12k as the max for small claims. They're slum lords that rent places. So they want the place done quickly so they can start renting it out, and they can't rent it out if it's not finished. The wife is white, the husband is Indian with a thick accent. I even cut them a deal because the wife works with my brother at HR Block. I don't know if my brother was telling them dumb shit that had nothing to do with the contract they signed, he said he didn't. However got pissy with me that I took them to court, I was like motherfucker you go a month without getting paid, I got bills. He was just whatever about it after that, seemed more annoyed that this caused him inconvenience. 

Some people just go insane when they remodel. My friends parents neighbor just went insane a month ago over remodeling a kitchen. The people working on it were laying the tile she picked out, then she said she wanted to change the tile to a more expensive one for the same price as the cheap tile; and they were like that isn't happening you'd have to pay full price for new tile, and they already had the tile she picked out and were laying it. She went nuts and over a couple of weeks got arrested for threatening people. Then when she got out she got her husband arrested because she said he hit her. 

My dads GF was selling her house and we had to remodel some stuff and was acting like a nut. Remodeling I think does something for anxiety and just makes people lose sense of rational thought. 

12 minutes ago, Gina Szanboti said:
Huh, I always thought her name was pronounced "March-ee" not "Mark-ee."  Clearly, I never talk to anyone irl. :D

Likewise, I was always under the impression that it was pronounced "rile" (as in "rile up") as opposed to "ree-all".

9 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

In PA it's 12k as the max for small claims. They're slum lords that rent places. So they want the place done quickly so they can start renting it out, and they can't rent it out if it's not finished. The wife is white, the husband is Indian with a thick accent. I even cut them a deal because the wife works with my brother at HR Block. I don't know if my brother was telling them dumb shit that had nothing to do with the contract they signed, he said he didn't. However got pissy with me that I took them to court, I was like motherfucker you go a month without getting paid, I got bills. He was just whatever about it after that, seemed more annoyed that this caused him inconvenience. 

Some people just go insane when they remodel. My friends parents neighbor just went insane a month ago over remodeling a kitchen. The people working on it were laying the tile she picked out, then she said she wanted to change the tile to a more expensive one for the same price as the cheap tile; and they were like that isn't happening you'd have to pay full price for new tile, and they already had the tile she picked out and were laying it. She went nuts and over a couple of weeks got arrested for threatening people. Then when she got out she got her husband arrested because she said he hit her. 

My dads GF was selling her house and we had to remodel some stuff and was acting like a nut. Remodeling I think does something for anxiety and just makes people lose sense of rational thought. 

You live in a State where you can get arrested just for threatening people? Must be nice, I'm in CA =(

35 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Likewise, I was always under the impression that it was pronounced "rile" (as in "rile up") as opposed to "ree-all".

The dumbest name-based realization I had with this trial was finding out that Vic was short for Victor. It feels weird to be reading these legal documents with his full name "Victor Mignogna" on them. Sounds like a completely different person.

26 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

" Even sadder, ppl are still throwing money at him "

That really is depressing. I wonder how long his fans will keep funding him once this is all over and he disappears from the public scene.

He has huge support online, there's like 20 Youtube channels turning out videos about him on a daily basis and the comments are all overwhelmingly pro Vic. They've been convinced that this is just a SJW hit job and all Vic actually did was give hugs to some girls that later claimed they didn't want hugs. And for this reason an amazing VA is having his life and career destroyed.

They also think he's winning this case overwhelmingly.

"This is so sad Vic has been gonna through hell cause of a lie a pig told"

"Smh I feel bad for Vic these people basic ruined his entire career because they didn’t like him"

"After seeing this, I want Funimation to go broke and I want those VAs that have antagonized Vic to permanently leave the anime industry."

"I just want to hug him! Watching him get emotional at that is so genuine. Unlike the rest of the VAs he sees all this as a privilege to be able to do these voices. He doesn't deserve any of what was done to him."

Edited by Daos

12 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

Huh, I always thought her name was pronounced "March-ee" not "Mark-ee."  Clearly, I never talk to anyone irl. :D

But yeah, that last bit made me physically cringe just hearing him say it, and he wasn't even right up in my ear or yanking my hair.

I saw in one of the tweets about this that Vic's lawyers gave the okay for Rekieta to upload that vid during a livestream, and it's blowing my mind how anyone currently practicing law would do this. 

33 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

I saw in one of the tweets about this that Vic's lawyers gave the okay for Rekieta to upload that vid during a livestream, and it's blowing my mind how anyone currently practicing law would do this. 

01.jpg.810a8ab01244da68ea59b1fafecdf89a.jpg

Especially note who said that.  :frankensmiley:  Guess he thinks he's the only party?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So are his lawyers still the one who is supposedly friends with him cause maybe his "friends" don't really consider him a friend.

Also re: names... I deal with names on a daily basis and how they look on paper and what comes out of people's mouths when they say it I'm just like "HOW????"

So, as someone not interested or invested enough in this to bother reading or listening or really following any of this...

Have they gotten to the point yet where they've made an effort to prove Vic is not actually literal feces?

1 hour ago, elfie said:

A Dallas news site published an article about Monica Rial and Jamie Marchi's struggle and they're calling it the MeToo movement of anime.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2019/08/03/anime-gets-metoo-moment-clash-dallas-area-voice-actors

That article didn't even touch the extremely stupid statements that tool made in his deposition, but his fans are still acting like toddlers in the comments.

Guest Cuck_Destroyer
On 7/31/2019 at 11:19 AM, elfie said:

Hearsay isn't "proof" of jack shit.

Based Vic is going to win and you're all going to cry when it happens. 

I'll be here to lap up the tears.

6 hours ago, Cuck_Destroyer said:

Hearsay isn't "proof" of jack shit.

Based Vic is going to win and you're all going to cry when it happens. 

I'll be here to lap up the tears.

I'm sure you'll be back either way. You're too much of a pathetic bitch to leave like you promised. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

I'm sure you'll be back either way. You're too much of a pathetic bitch to leave like you promised. 

We're the only people who dislike him enough to be his "friends."

It's mostly a symptom of his persistent unwillingness to leave us alone.

• Like 1

I doubt Beard even knows what "hearsay" means.  This is the same guy that accused the defendants' lawyer of "ex parte" communications (which also implicates the judge!) over a file Beard received via the Court's electronic file transfer system.  So no, clearly not "ex parte."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking if they dub that, they'll go for Xander Mobus as Rohan. Xander does a dead-on Vic impersonation, so at least casting him won't cause voice change whiplash in the viewers who actually like Rohan's English portrayal.

That and Chris Niosi is neck-deep in hot water of his own, so there's no chance of him taking over like Angel suggested.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

I'm thinking if they dub that, they'll go for Xander Mobus as Rohan. Xander does a dead-on Vic impersonation, so at least casting him won't cause voice change whiplash in the viewers who actually like Rohan's English portrayal.

That and Chris Niosi is neck-deep in hot water of his own, so there's no chance of him taking over like Angel suggested.

I'm sure Funimation could work with him for the first time, since there are directors in LA with ties with Funimation who record actors remotely.

Don't even start. Monica herself said that is false and they're just Vic fans trying to distract us!

You know what I don't wanna hear about this anymore! Fuck Christ why the fuck is this fuckin resurfacing!?!? It's goddamn actors in entertainment.  I'm sick and tired of his shit.

Edited by elfie

2 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Oh man some guy on YouTube made a video, that totally means that Vic isn't a serial sexual offender. 

i really don't know why some people keep thinking vic was some top tier celebrity that You'd get into the news for bringing down and this was just for someone's self-interests

i think vic fans prop him up to seem more popular and important than he really was

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2