UnevenEdge

Vic Mignogna is in Trouble

ben0119

6 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

If your teacher hugged and kissed his students, he would be fired. Doesn't matter if he just acted or actually was in his 20s.

Ours didn't, I dated my english teacher after HS, and my brothers one math teacher married a student and divorced his wife he'd had since they both ended high school. 

• Confused 1
  • D'oh 2

2 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Ours didn't, I dated my english teacher after HS, and my brothers one math teacher married a student and divorced his wife he'd had since they both ended high school. 

This is just coming off as a humble brag of fucking your former teacher. And I very much doubt the second teacher was calling the girl over to kiss her during class.

If you would like to argue what type of affection is inappropriate for a 40-50 year old man to give to an underage female stranger, we can do that. I don't think you're so socially inept that it's necessary, though.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PenguinBoss said:

This is just coming off as a humble brag of fucking your former teacher. And I very much doubt the second teacher was calling the girl over to kiss her during class.

If you would like to argue what type of affection is inappropriate for a 40-50 year old man to give to an underage female stranger, we can do that. I don't think you're so socially inept that it's necessary, though.

Well she was hot and only 7 years older than me, so yes very humble brag. However she was married so I broke that off because I don't care much for people who do that shit while they're married. As for the other teacher I'd have to ask my brother about it. From what I remember though it was one of those things where everyone knew they were fooling around. However he got a divorce and they got married like a month after graduation which was just out of left field. Nobody saw that coming, and he didn't lose his job or anything. 

As for old dudes kissing kids. The photos I've seen are all on the cheek and a lot of people ask him to do that. If he was kissing them on the mouth that would be another story though. My cousin has a picture of Chubby Checker kissing her on the head when she was 10 from 20 years ago and he would have been in his 50s-60s at the time. I don't really think of him as a sexual predator or anything.  Some people though I'm sure feel different. Though Vic kissing fans that never filed a complaint at events unrelated with funimation is like 90% of their evidence, so you gotta grasp at what you have I suppose. 

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

32 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Well she was hot and only 7 years older than me, so yes very humble brag. However she was married so I broke that off because I don't care much for people who do that shit while they're married. As for the other teacher I'd have to ask my brother about it. From what I remember though it was one of those things where everyone knew they were fooling around. However he got a divorce and they got married like a month after graduation which was just out of left field. Nobody saw that coming, and he didn't lose his job or anything. 

As for old dudes kissing kids. The photos I've seen are all on the cheek and a lot of people ask him to do that. If he was kissing them on the mouth that would be another story though. My cousin has a picture of Chubby Checker kissing her on the head when she was 10 from 20 years ago and he would have been in his 50s-60s at the time. I don't really think of him as a sexual predator or anything.  Some people though I'm sure feel different. Though Vic kissing fans that never filed a complaint at events unrelated with funimation is like 90% of their evidence, so you gotta grasp at what you have I suppose. 

🙄🖕

• Like 2
  • D'oh 1

It doesn't take much to say "I'm sorry, that's inappropriate." Frankly, he should have put a stop to that kind of thing once word got around the first time. Well, he shouldn't have done it to begin with, but you can justify not knowing better the first time.

You come off like you don't give a shit if he's a predator or not. But if their employee has dozens of accusations of harassment against him going back 10+ years, some coworkers and others underage, they would be idiots not to do something.

• Like 1

Looks like there's another affidavit this time by Chuck Huber. He seems to sling a lot of shit towards Funi and the other voice actors. Says there were casting couches where employees were giving sexual favors for roles. Sabat I guess has been calling Vic a Pedo Fag Prima Dona since 03.  So now we have to wonder, is Huber lying about all this stuff, as he has nothing really to gain from lying, and if not is there actually some sort of conspiracy and funi has a lot of dirty laundry.Plf_Response_to_MTD.pdf

Edited by HardcoreHunter
  • Like 1
  • D'oh 1

It doesn't take much to say "I'm sorry, that's inappropriate." Frankly, he should have put a stop to that kind of thing once word got around the first time. Well, he shouldn't have done it to begin with, but you can justify not knowing better the first time.

You come off like you don't give a shit if he's a predator or not. But if their employee has dozens of accusations of harassment against him going back 10+ years, some coworkers and others underage, they would be idiots not to do something.

Really I don't care either way. I'm not a very big vic fan to begin with. 

3 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Looks like there's another affidavit this time by Chuck Huber. He seems to sling a lot of shit towards Funi and the other voice actors. Says there were casting couches where employees were giving sexual favors for roles. Sabat I guess has been calling Vic a Pedo Fag Prima Dona since 03.  So now we have to wonder, is Huber lying about all this stuff, as he has nothing really to gain from lying, and if not is there actually some sort of conspiracy and funi has a lot of dirty laundry.Plf_Response_to_MTD.pdf

Huber also mentions in his affidavit how Funi had no guidelines in place in regards to those working under them going around and hugging and kissing everyone, it wasn't until 2017 when Sony bought a majority share of Funi that policies were put in place, but they were largely ignored. For several years you had countless VAs that would hug their fans and give them kisses on the cheeks. Huber mentioned how he doesn't believe Vic to be a sexual predator or a pedo, him saying something along the lines of he thinks they're using his sexual promiscuity as grounds for these accusations. And then there's Monica Rial that at a con had a fan of hers start spanking her ass with a paddle. Huber also mentioned how Sabat is the de facto manager at Funi, and he's one of those people that if you cross him your time at Funi will be over.

My personal theory on all this, it stems from Ron Toye. The guy has a major superiority complex, and is a known wife beater, having been divorced two times for domestic abuse, physical, verbal, and mental abuse. The guy is very controlling. there are videos that showcase the dudes Yelp page where you can really tell what kind of person he is, in one he mentions that he's Monica Rial's fiancee, as if that's supposed to give him any kind of special treatment, since anime VAs aren't real celebrities. I think because of Vic's sexual promiscuity Toye wouldn't like him to begin with, and learning that Vic and Monica did it in the past (considering the fact that Rial is open about the fact that she's a slut, and Vic gets around), considering Toye's history of controlling his spouses, he turned Monica against Vic, considering her and Vic have been friends for like 20 years, and out of nowhere she just turns on him. Her and Marchi are the slut sisters, so she was able to get her to join easily, also considering Marchi is a major feminist and liberal and inserts that into the scripts of various dubs she's worked on. Sabat being the snake in the grass that he is jumps on this since he doesn't like Vic to begin with, Schemmel follows along since he's afraid of crossing Sabat.

There yall go. Downvote this top gun.

• D'oh 3

5 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Yeah, this is called being willfully ignorant. Vic didn't lose his job because he accidentally thought all his fans wanted to be hugged and kissed. He lost his job because he's been engaging in predatory behavior for 20 years. Trying to lure young fans, underage ones, back to his room under the pretense of watching a video or signing some stuff for them. His behavior was so well known that virtually everyone at every con he worked knew they had to try and keep the younglings away from him. And when he does corner a girl in his room, he basically jumps on them and tries to have sex with them, to the point where if they don't want it to happen they literally have to fight him off.

"Voice actor Charlotte (not her real name) confirmed to io9 that she shared her story with Funimation for its investigation. She relayed to io9 her experience, one which Mignogna denied in emailed responses to io9’s questions. Charlotte said that at a con in the late 2000s, she was getting ready to go to dinner with Mignogna and some other con guests and employees. Mignogna asked if they could stop by his room first, because he wanted to show her a video, and she agreed. Because both were in relationships—Mignogna with his now ex-fiancée Michele Specht and Charlotte with her then-boyfriend—she believed the invitation was platonic.

As they watched the video, she says, Mignogna grabbed her by the arms and kissed her aggressively, including putting his tongue inside her mouth. She tried to pull away, only to have him pull her back in. She told io9 she felt scared and frozen, “like a board.” Then, things escalated. Charlotte said Mignogna backed her up to the bed and she fell down, then he got on top of her. Soon after, a friend came to check on them, and she immediately got off of the bed.

“I was saved by a door knock. I can’t say what would’ve happened [otherwise]. I don’t know if I would’ve kicked his ass, or he would’ve kept [going] and I stayed frozen,” she said. “I keep waking up in the middle of the night with that panic feeling. It’s that panic, it’s that feeling I have to do something to get him away from me.”

"On January 30th 2019, shortly after Jessie Pridemore's statement, ANN released an initial article about Vic's allegations. ANN writer Lynzee researched incidents that had multiple people confirming it and photographic evidence when possible. There were pictures for most stories, which described Vic hugging or kissing them in photos without consent. Another story had a minor to which Vic had agreed was "sexy" and he had given his phone number to. The minor wrote his number in a journal at the time and when researched by the reporter, it was indeed Vic's phone number."

Yeah I can't believe they don't want this guy around. He probably just gave that underage girl his number so they could chat.

"Several people in the anime industry, speaking under the condition of anonymity, shared with io9 their experiences with the voice actor. Rachel (not her real name) recounted with io9 two experiences she says she had with Mignogna. She said the first one, which Mignogna has denied, happened at a convention in 2008. She said a relatively friendly weekend turned uncomfortable when, outside their adjacent hotel room doors, Mignogna grabbed her in a tight embrace and wouldn’t let go, even as she tried to pull away. Like Charlotte, she knew he was in a relationship. She then went into her room, which shared a door with his. That’s when the knocking started.

“I heard a slow knocking on the door that was between our two rooms. I knew it was him so I ignored it. And just after two minutes, the hotel room phone rings. And I answered it, and it was Vic. I remember he said, ‘Open the door, nobody has to know,’’” she said.

She said he continued to knock on the door, and the phone rang at least one more time, until she stepped into the bathroom and turned on the shower—sitting on the bathroom floor for up to an hour, shaking.

The second situation happened at a separate convention a couple of years later. Rachel said she had agreed to stop by his room briefly. She said he invited her to sit down on the couch in the front room of the suite, and after a brief conversation she claims he knelt in front of her and began rubbing the backs of her thighs, and said: “Let me be sweet to you.”

Rachel told io9 she then got up to leave—only for Mignogna to stand up, embrace her tightly, and press his face against hers. She tried to get out of his embrace but says he wouldn’t loosen his hold. She kept giving him reasons why he should stop, like reminding him he had a girlfriend, but he kept repeating the same line—“Let me be sweet to you”—over and over, at least five or six times, she said. Rachel says she eventually got out of his embrace and left the hotel room, and later told the con’s guest services manager about the incident (the manager confirmed to io9 that they had been told)."

There's literally hundreds of stories about this guy, and they're all very similar.

Edited by Daos
  • Thanks 3
  • D'oh 2

12 hours ago, Hello There said:

No, wasn't me. 

Also that dude was a spaz that blocked me on DA in the first couple days of me being a watcher, I'd point out a thing or two and he'd start making screeching noises, getting butt hurt over it. As for flagging things on DA, wasn't me. It was around the time he blocked me that he got flagged for doing a lewd drawing of a 10yo anime girl

Oh yea you went more postal on perseus when you got banned then me now it makes sense

4 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

If he's lying, what would he gain from sharing this? Does he hate Funimation now and is intentionally sabatoging his own ties with them?

As for the paddles, those were pretty suspicious items in and of themselves. I almost had a friend I met online swing ME with one of those paddles at a con, but politely passed on that. The good thing is that they're no longer popular and aren't sold at cons anymore.

Also, the only reason Monica suddenly shut Vic off of her life was because of the SONY buyout, and she saw the writing on the wall and acted beforehand.  Whether or not she's a slut shouldn't ever be something fans need to know.

Edited by elfie

11 minutes ago, elfie said:

If he's lying, what would he gain from sharing this? Does he hate Funimation now and is intentionally sabatoging his own ties with them?

As for the paddles, those were pretty suspicious items in and of themselves. I almost had a friend I met online swing ME with one of those paddles at a con, but politely passed on that. The good thing is that they're no longer popular and aren't sold at cons anymore.

Also, the only reason Monica suddenly shut Vic off of her life was because of the SONY buyout, and she saw the writing on the wall and acted beforehand.  Whether or not she's a slut shouldn't ever be something fans need to know.

Monica was open about it on her twitter, saying that being called a slut is a stigma, or something along those lines, and that she's proud to be one, and that her and Ron have great sex every night

• D'oh 2

23 minutes ago, Hello There said:

Monica was open about it on her twitter, saying that being called a slut is a stigma, or something along those lines, and that she's proud to be one, and that her and Ron have great sex every night

To Ron, her fiance?? The guy she's going to marry sometime later? Oooooooh noooooooo. Call the FBI!

So I'm just gonna skip over the fact that Hunter's school sounds like it was staffed by predators just playing the jailbait waiting game on their favorite students, because I don't have time to unpack all that now.

Funi having gross, skeevy operations STILL wouldn't excuse or justify literally anything about Vic's behavior. Like, if your work is stiffing people on payday, you don't get to rob your coworkers or customers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Daos said:

There's literally hundreds of stories about this guy, and they're all very similar.

Makes them very easy to copy from the sounds of it.  Nobody was making these posts 3 or 5 years ago, then everyone has a story. Even people who get only have rape sex don't have the number of stories against them that Vic has. Hell over 50 years Bill Cosby only managed to rape 60 women. Vic does 60 a day if you take every blog seriously. 

• D'oh 1

2 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Makes them very easy to copy from the sounds of it.  Nobody was making these posts 3 or 5 years ago, then everyone has a story. Even people who get only have rape sex don't have the number of stories against them that Vic has. Hell over 50 years Bill Cosby only managed to rape 60 women. Vic does 60 a day if you take every blog seriously. 

Oh HardcoreHunter, where have you been all my life ❤️

• D'oh 1

3 hours ago, elfie said:

Pretty much what I was getting at. In his case he has nothing to gain by whistle blowing, unless he has an unknown personal grudge against people involved or funimation as a whole.  A lot of what he said maid it sound like Vic was the one being harassed when Sabat has been calling him a fag and telling him he dresses like a fag for years, and trying to haze him into quitting. Seems more like they finally found a way go get rid of Vic through Sony after the buy out, and ran with it thinking he wouldn't be able to fight it.  Though that's assuming that everything he is saying is true, he may be lying but to what end I don't know. All this really does is hurt himself. Getting work after whistle blowing isn't easy, unless he feels that he's done with voice acting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Nobody was making these posts 3 or 5 years ago

No, they were. There just wasn't a lot of attention paid to them before the last year or so when the general public decided that hey, sexual assault in the entertainment industry is bad. Plus a lot of people were apprehensive about naming him specifically out of fear of legal action or harassment (hey, look what's happened) and kept their stories intentionally vague but still easy enough to identify if you tried. I've had multiple friends over the past couple years, none of whom know each other or have anything else in common, mention  creeped on and kissed by Vic at cons. "Narcissistic douchebag thinks he's God's gift to women and assumes teens want him to kiss them" isn't exactly behavior that's hard to repeat.

• Thanks 2
  • D'oh 1

2 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I imagine they didn't say anything because people like you assume they're lying.

As for Cosby, it's cute that you think it's only 60. Your hyperbole is dumb either way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

There was plenty of stuff posted in other links showing that people were talking about him being a predator for years, so fuck off with this shit. He didn't rape as many women as Cosby is your defense of him? Seriously, just because you went to school with a bunch of sexual predators doesn't mean that other people should be cool with this. You are straight up fucked in the head. And you definitely care a lot about Vic, or you wouldn't go out of your way to sound like a tool to defend against the 'great conspiracy' you think surrounds him. God, no wonder I don't hang out much with other otaku nowadays. It's too much work avoiding this kind of grossness. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, elfie said:

Wow. It's like he hired a couple of the 3 Stooges as his lawyers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I imagine they didn't say anything because people like you assume they're lying.

As for Cosby, it's cute that you think it's only 60. Your hyperbole is dumb either way.

Well Bill was drugging and putting his fingers inside of people, while Vic is giving hugs and kissing people on the cheek in photos. So to Bills credit he needed more prep time. 

3 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

There was plenty of stuff posted in other links showing that people were talking about him being a predator for years, so fuck off with this shit. He didn't rape as many women as Cosby is your defense of him? Seriously, just because you went to school with a bunch of sexual predators doesn't mean that other people should be cool with this. You are straight up fucked in the head. And you definitely care a lot about Vic, or you wouldn't go out of your way to sound like a tool to defend against the 'great conspiracy' you think surrounds him. God, no wonder I don't hang out much with other otaku nowadays. It's too much work avoiding this kind of grossness. 

You have poor reading comprehension. I said that it took Bill 50 years to get his huge count of 60 confirmed rapes. If we're going to treat every blog post as 100% fact then Vic will have raped thousands of people. After a point bullshit makes actual evidence look worse and less reliable. It creates reasonable doubt which is a big issue in these types of cases. If Vic raped one person that is too many rapes. However we went from no rape accusations to everyone having their own personal story over the span of a month. 

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

2 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

You have poor reading comprehension. I said that it took Bill 50 years to get his huge count of 60 confirmed rapes. If we're going to treat every blog post as 100% fact then Vic will have raped thousands of people. After a point bullshit makes actual evidence look worse and less reliable. It creates reasonable doubt which is a big issue in these types of cases. If Vic raped one person that is too many rapes. However we went from no rape accusations to everyone having their own personal story over the span of a month. 

Except that isn't what happened but ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Well Bill was drugging and putting his fingers inside of people, while Vic is giving hugs and kissing people on the cheek in photos. So to Bills credit he needed more prep time. 

Well, I mean, if you ignore accusations of Vic inviting women to his room under false pretenses and then proceeding to assault them, sure.

• Like 1

Just now, HardcoreHunter said:

Not to mention to this point Vic still isn't even being charged with any sexual misdeeds. In fact he's the prosecutor, and Funimation and the others are the defense. So even with all of these stories not a single person has come forward to charge him with rape?

Your argument is that he hasn't been charged in criminal court so he shouldn't be fired? Are you secretly one of Vic's lawyers or something?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PenguinBoss said:

Your argument is that he hasn't been charged in criminal court so he shouldn't be fired? Are you secretly one of Vic's lawyers or something?

He's freelance he was already fired/laid off after his last contract with Funimation was finished. I've said multiple times that Funimation shouldn't be forced to employ any freelance worker. What happened though is that everyone went to twitter and made a big deal of it, and threatened cons to break contracts. They didn't just want Vic out of Funimation they wanted him ruined in the industry. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

He's freelance he was already fired/laid off after his last contract with Funimation was finished. I've said multiple times that Funimation shouldn't be forced to employ any freelance worker. What happened though is that everyone went to twitter and made a big deal of it, and threatened cons to break contracts. They didn't just want Vic out of Funimation they wanted him ruined in the industry. 

I assume you're referencing specific tweets or posts and would like links. I recall VAs cancelling con appearances if Vic was also a guest, but that's all I'm aware of.

• Like 1

Just now, PenguinBoss said:

I assume you're referencing specific tweets or posts and would like links. I recall VAs cancelling con appearances if Vic was also a guest, but that's all I'm aware of.

In that PDF I posted it goes into some more detail. Funimation was going to fully pull out of the con, but they didn't follow through. Monica did pull out though and followed through. There was also some other drama I think with Jamie and Todd, but I don't remember what came of it. Either way Funimation threatened to have a full pullout from the con if they didn't break their contract with Vic.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Compared to you, kinda.

The hell are you talking about? I've actually backed funimation's right to not employ people. What did yinz endorse? Nothing; because "Vic's a pedo rapist" "Fuck Vic" "ughhh why can I only use the down vote more than once on each post".  I've never even said anything bad about Monica or Jamie.  

Edited by HardcoreHunter