UnevenEdge

Vic Mignogna is in Trouble

ben0119

12 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

In that PDF I posted it goes into some more detail. Funimation was going to fully pull out of the con, but they didn't follow through. Monica did pull out though and followed through. There was also some other drama I think with Jamie and Todd, but I don't remember what came of it. Either way Funimation threatened to have a full pullout from the con if they didn't break their contract with Vic.  

If Vic harassed Monica, and the secret is out so she doesn't need to tolerate him anymore, why wouldn't she give that ultimatum? Same with Funimation putting up with his shit.

It's pretty easy to leverage those allegations against Vic as looking out for the safety of attendees. Shame they pussed out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Makes them very easy to copy from the sounds of it.  Nobody was making these posts 3 or 5 years ago, then everyone has a story. Even people who get only have rape sex don't have the number of stories against them that Vic has. Hell over 50 years Bill Cosby only managed to rape 60 women. Vic does 60 a day if you take every blog seriously. 

Actually one of the more well known Vic stories was from like 2008. Probably just some chick with a time machine trying to ruin Vic's rep by planting stories in the past. What a bitch!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, PenguinBoss said:

If Vic harassed Monica, and the secret is out so she doesn't need to tolerate him anymore, why wouldn't she give that ultimatum? Same with Funimation putting up with his shit.

It's pretty easy to leverage those allegations against Vic as looking out for the safety of attendees. Shame they pussed out.

Monica can do Monica as thats just her looking out for her own self interests. Funimation though is a company and Vic is just a freelancer and they had no business threatening the Con to break a contract by pulling out if he wasn't blacklisted. That was something that seemed like a rather personal and immature attack on their part. They were far over reaching their authority. 

• D'oh 1

24 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

The hell are you talking about? I've actually backed funimation's right to not employ people. What did yinz endorse? Nothing; because "Vic's a pedo rapist" "Fuck Vic" "ughhh why can I only use the down vote more than once on each post".  I've never even said anything bad about Monica or Jamie.  

You've ignored all the links in this thread, including that dumbfuck's own words, but you're totally flexible about your views? As for me, if a guy has been creeping on underage girls for over a decade, with years of witness accounts backing that up(including me seeing how fucking weird he was with my own eyes), I'm going to rightfully believe that he's guilty as fuck.

• Like 2
  • D'oh 1

15 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

You've ignored all the links in this thread, including that dumbfuck's own words, but you're totally flexible about your views? As for me, if a guy has been creeping on underage girls for over a decade, with years of witness accounts backing that up(including me seeing how fucking weird he was with my own eyes), I'm going to rightfully believe that he's guilty as fuck.

I read court accounts, everything that ANN posts "should" just be an ABC's for people who don't have the patience or time to read full court documents.   When the Judge didn't dismiss Vic's initial case months back you guys were all pissing and moaning about what a Joke and Farce it was. Then when Vic's side gets shot down on something it's because he works with clowns, fuck vic, etc.  The only ANN stuff used in court were to prove that Vic is famous to counter his libel claim. Him kissing people on the cheek does nothing for their defense, as it would have to prove without reasonable doubt that he is a pedophile/sexual predator.  You can have all the "evidence" in the world but you have to make it apply to your defense.   

I get Yinz don't like him, I really don't know anything he's done aside from FMA and Bleach. However I'm looking at things in the sense of court justice, while yinz are looking at it in terms of personal Justice and feelings, and above that you're bias without waver. There is nothing that Vic's side could present that would make you see anything in his favor. I have seen many things in favor of the defense team.Though they've also done a lot of scumbag things and stuff that doesn't make sense. 

• D'oh 1

Guest Alien_Nation

Are people still assblasted about this case? 

Do... do you people actively follow this garbage?

I only think, or even remember, that this case even exists when I see other people talking about it. 

Please don't tell me you are actively scouring for updates on this story. 

I just can't imagine that. 

How little must you have going in on your life that you would think to go open your browser, and specifically search for new information pertaining to this case; hoping beyond hope that you'll see a headline along the lines of "SERIAL RAPIST, AND NAZI, VIC MIGNOGNA SENTENCED TO DEATH BY HANGING - LIVESTREAM STARTS AT 11AM EST (10AM CST)". 

15 minutes ago, Alien_Nation said:

How little must you have going in on your life that you would think to go open your browser, and specifically search for new information pertaining to this case; hoping beyond hope that you'll see a headline along the lines of "SERIAL RAPIST, AND NAZI, VIC MIGNOGNA SENTENCED TO DEATH BY HANGING - LIVESTREAM STARTS AT 11AM EST (10AM CST)". 

Is the person that has quit the forum "permanently" multiple times only to come crawling back despite 95% of members accurately believing you're a racist idiot really the right person to chastise others for "how little they have going" in their lives?

• Like 2
  • D'oh 1

4 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I read court accounts, everything that ANN posts "should" just be an ABC's for people who don't have the patience or time to read full court documents.   When the Judge didn't dismiss Vic's initial case months back you guys were all pissing and moaning about what a Joke and Farce it was. Then when Vic's side gets shot down on something it's because he works with clowns, fuck vic, etc.  The only ANN stuff used in court were to prove that Vic is famous to counter his libel claim. Him kissing people on the cheek does nothing for their defense, as it would have to prove without reasonable doubt that he is a pedophile/sexual predator.  You can have all the "evidence" in the world but you have to make it apply to your defense.   

I get Yinz don't like him, I really don't know anything he's done aside from FMA and Bleach. However I'm looking at things in the sense of court justice, while yinz are looking at it in terms of personal Justice and feelings, and above that you're bias without waver. There is nothing that Vic's side could present that would make you see anything in his favor. I have seen many things in favor of the defense team.Though they've also done a lot of scumbag things and stuff that doesn't make sense. 

You're looking at things in the sense of internet idjit. Anyone actually interested in the legal proceedings are laughing at this shit and sharing it among their peers to also laugh at. That's what happens when someone like Vic is so damn stupid and hires a legal team quite possibly even dumber than he is. Him suing Funimation after putting out a statement that he would do better opened this can of worms. Him hiring the two Stooges was also a personal choice. When someone fucks up their own life purely by his own ego, while causing harm to others, they don't get sympathy except from people like you. For the tenth time, this isn't a criminal case. This is a lawsuit that he started, so the burden of evidence is on him. THE BURDEN OF EVIDENCE IS ON VIC MIGNOGNA AND HE PRACTICALLY ADMITTED TO EVERYTHING IN THE DEPOSITION BECAUSE HE'S A DUMBFUCK! You ignoring everything that was posted in this thread won't change the words that came out of his mouth, including him not remembering if he was asked to resign from his teaching job for inappropriate behavior with a student. Unless he received a brain injury, he remembers that answer, but people like you willfully block stuff like that out of your mind because this predator is a voice actor for anime and can do no wrong.

• Like 3
  • D'oh 2

1 hour ago, SorceressPol said:

You're looking at things in the sense of internet idjit. Anyone actually interested in the legal proceedings are laughing at this shit and sharing it among their peers to also laugh at. That's what happens when someone like Vic is so damn stupid and hires a legal team quite possibly even dumber than he is. Him suing Funimation after putting out a statement that he would do better opened this can of worms. Him hiring the two Stooges was also a personal choice. When someone fucks up their own life purely by his own ego, while causing harm to others, they don't get sympathy except from people like you. For the tenth time, this isn't a criminal case. This is a lawsuit that he started, so the burden of evidence is on him. THE BURDEN OF EVIDENCE IS ON VIC MIGNOGNA AND HE PRACTICALLY ADMITTED TO EVERYTHING IN THE DEPOSITION BECAUSE HE'S A DUMBFUCK! You ignoring everything that was posted in this thread won't change the words that came out of his mouth, including him not remembering if he was asked to resign from his teaching job for inappropriate behavior with a student. Unless he received a brain injury, he remembers that answer, but people like you willfully block stuff like that out of your mind because this predator is a voice actor for anime and can do no wrong.

take a deep breath.... and relax.

also I love how kickvicers attack Ty, accusing him of being a fraud, 3rd rate lawyer, etc. when he's about as real as it gets as a lawyer. You wanna see a joke of a lawyer? look at Casey, the idiot that Soye and Monica hired. In Soye's deposition there was three times that Casey objected to a question Ty asked Soye, and it's just funny how the first time he did that, Ty just says to him "that's not how this works." During deposition a lawyer isn't allowed to object to a question made by the other judge. And then there was one question Ty asked, and Soye just looked at him and said he's not answering that, Ty taken back by that. Casey tried defending Soye, telling Ty to let it go, it obvious that Ty was losing his patience playing their games.

I don't even care too much for Vic as a voice actor, and honestly not even as a person. I don't think he's guilty in this, but I don't think he's an angel, and I don't approve of his life choices. When it comes to Ty though, that dude is a legend. And for ignorant folks I see online that want to call him third rate, or in cases where I've seen people try to say he's only going after Funi for the money, the dude and his firm have represented companies and individuals worth exponentially more than Vic (accounting for the GFM money), Funi is worth around 100mil (though after they lose DBZ and they lose this case and people find out even more so how bad they are, I imagine they're gonna be downsizing), Ty has represented companies worth far more than Funi, the dude being a partner for a major law firm. And for those that are still reading this I'm hoping that if I praise Ty enough I'll grow a beard as mighty as his. Now downvote me more daddy (Top Gun, elfie, helpme)

Edited by Hello There
  • Like 1
  • D'oh 4

You ignoring everything that was posted in this thread

Pretty sure I address everything that has relevancy to the case, and give my opinion with how it can work with or against each persons case. Even that pdf that I posted, if you actually read my post instead of just giving down votes on sight. You'd see that I was objective the entire time and did consider the possibility of them lying as well. I have done that the whole time, but since I have an objective view and don't say "fuck vic, these clowns amiright" for every shitty reddit sob story that comes out. ANN is pretty much the fox news of anime news. They never did an article about how Ron beat his wife and threatened a judge and their family after they issued a protection order. That's because they have their own narrative they want people to take away. Possibly because Vic's "clown team" looks infinitely better in comparison when you add in the fact of the other side beating his wife to the point of needed a restraining order put against him, because he couldn't get enough of beating women. Same guy who was talking shit to Vic about being a Nazi and if he felt the holocaust was a joke, is a guy who Beats his wife trying to take the moral high ground.  So yeah I ignore everything. You can even ask Elfie in how I've considered the defense multiple times. I'm not just blindly "oh god Vic is amazing" I've even said he's a fucking idiot at times or has made moves I didn't see reason behind. I have criticized evidence on both sides, except the evidence on the defenses side is so laughably bad that it's hard to see it as evidence. Like the jellybean or vic kissing two unknown women at a con who were never questioned and they were only going on hearsay of what had happened. It's amazing though that you think I'm ignoring links when I'm posting the 200 page pdfs that those links are referencing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • D'oh 2

4 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Hunter being a yinzer explains so goddamn much.

Pittsburgh has a liberal mayor, nearly monthly gay pride events, is a sanctuary city, and was where bill Cosby was convicted. The city has changed a lot from the 70s-80s pittsburgh dad persona that people associate with it.  Also very judgmental of you, for shame. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Pretty sure I address everything that has relevancy to the case, and give my opinion with how it can work with or against each persons case. Even that pdf that I posted, if you actually read my post instead of just giving down votes on sight. You'd see that I was objective the entire time and did consider the possibility of them lying as well. I have done that the whole time, but since I have an objective view and don't say "fuck vic, these clowns amiright" for every shitty reddit sob story that comes out. ANN is pretty much the fox news of anime news. They never did an article about how Ron beat his wife and threatened a judge and their family after they issued a protection order. That's because they have their own narrative they want people to take away. Possibly because Vic's "clown team" looks infinitely better in comparison when you add in the fact of the other side beating his wife to the point of needed a restraining order put against him, because he couldn't get enough of beating women. Same guy who was talking shit to Vic about being a Nazi and if he felt the holocaust was a joke, is a guy who Beats his wife trying to take the moral high ground.  So yeah I ignore everything. You can even ask Elfie in how I've considered the defense multiple times. I'm not just blindly "oh god Vic is amazing" I've even said he's a fucking idiot at times or has made moves I didn't see reason behind. I have criticized evidence on both sides, except the evidence on the defenses side is so laughably bad that it's hard to see it as evidence. Like the jellybean or vic kissing two unknown women at a con who were never questioned and they were only going on hearsay of what had happened. It's amazing though that you think I'm ignoring links when I'm posting the 200 page pdfs that those links are referencing. 

It's like there's a shield over your brain that blocks out any normal reading comprehension ability. In your fucked up brain, because of one shitty dude who's honestly irrelevant compared to what Sony/Funimation dug up, there should be doubt about Vic's guilt. Funimation made it clear through their attorney's questions that they have something on his ass, or Mignogna wouldn't have reacted that way to some of what they asked him. And only a fraction of what was found even needed to be put out there because Mignogna's case is probably gonna be thrown out. Because again, his own words fucked him over. HIS...OWN...WORDS...FUCKED...HIM...OVER. 

Hopefully the last part looks like it was written in crayon so you can understand it.

• Thanks 3
  • D'oh 2

7 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Also let's all believe Chuck Huber, I'm sure he's never espoused anything pants-on-head stupid like the Earth being flat, right?

...oh wait

Flat-earther or not, the fact that Huber claimed in the affidavit that DBZ Kai's dub was recorded in 2007 when the series didn't even premiere in Japan until 2009 is enough to make his claims dubious.

4 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Pittsburgh has a liberal mayor, nearly monthly gay pride events, is a sanctuary city, and was where bill Cosby was convicted. The city has changed a lot from the 70s-80s pittsburgh dad persona that people associate with it.  Also very judgmental of you, for shame. 

And yet you're doing such a fantastic job of upholding the stereotype. I've yet to see a rational take emanate from you in this thread. 

• D'oh 3

30 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

And yet you're doing such a fantastic job of upholding the stereotype. I've yet to see a rational take emanate from you in this thread. 

I don't understand how people become delusional like this. Ever since the the gamergate situation brought this type of mentality into the light, it's stumped me. 

• Like 1
  • D'oh 2

Guest Alien_Nation

Zoe Quinn caused Alec Holowka to kill himself. 

Gamergate was on point in putting that duplicitous con artist snake on blast.

5 minutes ago, Alien_Nation said:

Zoe Quinn caused Alec Holowka to kill himself. 

Gamergate was on point in putting that duplicitous con artist snake on blast.

Yes because how dare women speak out about sexual assault when the perpetrators might react badly to facing consequences for what they've done. And since you want to play stupid, here's a link to a quote from Holowka's sister saying not to blame Zoe Quinn:

https://kotaku.com/night-in-the-woods-designer-alec-holowka-dies-1837783073

You will always be trash.

• Like 2
  • D'oh 2

Guest Alien_Nation

Holowka was in a relationship with Quinn, not his sister. 

It's up to Quinn to clear her name in this.

She won't, though. 

All she's going to do is use this man's death to continue her narrative and beg for more money: 

I don't understand how people become delusional like this. Ever since the the gamergate situation brought this type of mentality into the light, it's stumped me. 

I know you don't understand, you fail to even comprehend that this isn't a sexual harassment case, it's a Defamation case. Vic is the only one in court with a case, Funimation and the gang have a defense. Vic said that they defamed him and they have to prove that they didn't. Funimation also threatening cons is an instance of blackballing which is not an acceptable practice. If you have a trail like that which shows that you are interfering with future employments it can leave you as legal risk. Months back even before I knew about this much I said that Vic wasn't going to win his case against funimation. Then new info came up and I changed my stance. I still don't think that Vic will get a full amount that he's asking even if he does win, unless the judge is in a very pissy mood against Funimation and wants to set an example. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

Yes because how dare women speak out about sexual assault when the perpetrators might react badly to facing consequences for what they've done

Show one police report against Vic over sexual misconduct between Him and another voice actor or fan from the last 15 years, and I will switch sides on this case without question. I do feel for people who are actually sexually assaulted. Today though when I hear about it, I think of that dumb Gillette  toxic masculinity ad where a Boss pats a female employee on the shoulder and tells her good job and she looks like he raped her. I know a girl who said she was "raped" rather than sexually assaulted which I think is what she meant, when she was giving change and the guy pushed his hand up so their hands touched rather than just allowing the money to fall into his hand. For people who are actually sexually assaulted though, yeah it's a fucking tragedy.  The shame is that we have a lot of people in the world who want that sympathy that we give to people who have gone through horrible events. 

Here is a tweet from Monica to Vic. Them all having fun and her sending him a kiss wink emoji days before all this drama. Is that how someone who is being sexually assaulted for years acts? There are videos of them hugging and saying how fun it is to work together. Does that seem normal?  People who are sexually assaulted aren't sending their predators who kiss wink heart emoji. Not fully true since things like date rape are a thing, but clearly something isn't right. 

b8f.png

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

Guest Alien_Nation

She's clearly suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, bruh. 

I heard people talk about it on CSI once or something.

I'm an expert.

You mean someone was acting like they're on good terms with a coworker while working, even though she might actually fucking hate him? That literally never happens! Shit, look at how many actresses thanked Weinstein in their award speeches.

ANN didn't report on Ron's domestic abuse because it wasn't that newsworthy. One guy beating his wife isn't a headline unless he's extremely famous. Someone who's s household name in the anime industry getting slammed for years of predatory behavior, with evidence and several other well-known professionals speaking out against him? Now that counts as news for the anime news site.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

Another 5 year old Reddit post from a time traveler trying to ruin Vic's rep.

"Vic has habit of getting drunk and trying to pick up fan girls to go back to his hotel room. It's happened quite a few times and you could probably google it at this point.
I was talking with him over email once and he got kinda creepy, it turned into a "I look forward to meeting you on Friday ;) Lets talk more at the con, let me know at the autographs." After a series of strange messages. My creep radar exploded especially when I actually got to the con, the way he held fangirl's hands when doing autographs and the way he looked at the young girls was just too much. I got the autograph, he tenderly caressed my hand when he gave my book back, and I got the hell out of there without ever telling him who I was.
Luckily my story isn't like my friend's. She went to a con with a girl who ended up in an elevator with shitfaced Mignogna. The girl refused to go back to his room with him, but damn, he tried pretty hard.

I don't disagree that he's a chill guy. But he's got some weird stuff back there. Our emails were great until it started to sound like an internet hookup. Just sorta ruined the guy for me forever. This was also 6 years ago, so I don't doubt that he's changed since then.

Edit: it wasn't my friend's friend in the elevator, talked to her about it yesterday. It was herself. She went on about how she was ready to punch the dude in the face if he puked on her and that it was disgusting just being by him while that intoxicated."

From 2017

"I'm sorry I just found this article and I had to comment. One of my friends was 16 when he was her worship leader. He invited her to his house to "look at a video of a new worship song he is working on". He forced his hands all over her and his tongue on her. She got away without being raped but she was screwed up for a long time."

pullvic2.thumb.png.d9adca93f86302af0df7d

I would hire this guy in a second.

Edited by Daos
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Please let this mess just end already...

Can’t.  See, it involves a woman accusing a man and therefore everyone will argue about this until the end of time, well after any legal ruling, under penalty of being called a snowflake.

5 minutes ago, stilgar said:

No, women are a hivemind ruled by one woman. 

I always suspected as much. It's Oprah right?

Vic is like a professional Assassin.. guy never alters his method of going for the kill. He always uses the video trick. And he's been using the video trick for 30 years, pre voice acting career.

"After the play & school year ended, Vic started stopping by my summer job. Then one afternoon while I was out for a bike ride, he pulled over and told me he really wanted me to see a new worship video he’d been working on. He asked me to follow him to his house. I did."

Edited by Daos
  • Like 1
  • D'oh 1

16 minutes ago, Daos said:

If by "a woman" you mean hundreds of women then yeah.

Well the accusations have been going back for what, decades?  Not like it matters knowing how this stopped being about Vic months ago and is about the fear of the culture being usurped instead of a creepy D list celebrity.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 7:36 PM, SorceressPol said:

Wow. It's like he hired a couple of the 3 Stooges as his lawyers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOHMYFUCKINGGODHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GASP!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I was wrong. HAHAHAHA. These bozos aren't the 3 Stooges, they're a Harvey Birdman cartoon! Oh god, my stomach hurts from laughing so much. Okay...okay. *Deepbreathahahahahahahahahaha! Okay, I'm good. Oh man. The great thing about working from home is that when I'm procrastinating, I'll get bored and read random shit. So I said fuck it and read the recent case filings so I could catch up on the specifics of what went down after the deposition. I have never seen such an incompetent group of lawyers in my whole life outside of a cartoon. When they weren't filing shit late, outright lying, failing to do the most basic of lawyer shit like cite references(not just a couple, I mean over a dozen times), they forged notarized signatures(for the affidavits) and even fucked that up. These dumbfucks were too stupid to put fake dates with the fake signatures, so they used the deadline's date; when the witnesses were off at fucking conventions. Ty Beard couldn't make up some excuse because he tweeted out his photo from his office, so everyone knew his exact location in relation to the others. Beard's fuck-up was so great, that they had to send in another attorney to babysit him. 

Just..wow.

Fast forward to today when there was a hearing. Ty Beard came to court completely unprepared. When asked for evidence against Marchi, the most he could do was present tweets, or answer that the defense had the evidence in their documents that he had received but didn't make/bring copies for himself. At one point, he went full 'The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence,' and it was so cringey. The judge did not sound amused by that. Since Ty Beard could produce absolutely nothing of value and could only cite Toye's statement which he attributed to Marchi: 

The case against her was completely dismissed along with multiple claims against the others. The judge will decide on the rest of the hoopla later. Defamation and conspiracy(I think) are what's left for Rial, Toye, and Funimation. 

I will add that it's night and day comparing the defense's attorneys to Mignogna's. Their filings were practical, and it was as if they wanted them compared to the 1000+ page documents that Beard and co shot out of their asses.

• Haha 5