UnevenEdge

Vic Mignogna is in Trouble

ben0119

37 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

i am not standing with the man  I mean  i i am shamed that fellow trekiies are doing this

Well thems be Trekkies, you know.

Sorry I had assumed you sided with istandwithvic.  It's just that 100% of all the Youtube videos discussing this stand with Vic, which is a phenomenon.

1 hour ago, Greeny said:

What would you say to someone who did side with Istandwithvic?

Spamming #KickVic until they reach the character limit. :P

That said, here's another video relevant to the whole shebang.

Just ignore the fact that Josuke and Okuyasu aren't voiced by Sean Schemmel and whoever's in Okuyasu's place.

6 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Spamming #KickVic until they reach the character limit. :P

That said, here's another video relevant to the whole shebang.

Just ignore the fact that Josuke and Okuyasu aren't voiced by Sean Schemmel and whoever's in Okuyasu's place.

I wonder if they "fixed" that "error" on their site that wouldn't let people unsubscribe. You know, that "error" that they already had to "fix" once.

On 3/29/2019 at 1:02 PM, PokeNirvash said:

That could be Adam Sheenan, one of Funimation's social media people, who also got caught in the heat of this controversy. But it could also just be another actor  I don't know.

On 4/1/2019 at 2:45 PM, PowerKing said:

I stick with Vic.

Genuine question, why? Do you actually believe he's innocent, and dozens of people are lying about him for absolutely no reason beyond shits 'n giggles? Including other voice actors and industry professionals, who would be risking their entire careers for no discernible benefit if they were making up false claims about behavior they've witnessed and complaints they've made in the past?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

Genuine question, why? Do you actually believe he's innocent, and dozens of people are lying about him for absolutely no reason beyond shits 'n giggles? Including other voice actors and industry professionals, who would be risking their entire careers for no discernible benefit if they were making up false claims about behavior they've witnessed and complaints they've made in the past?

Yes.

• D'oh 2

41 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

Bucket is just trying to get attention.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

So PowerKing is the infamous Bucket?

Thanks, now I can start tuning that fucker out.

Lol.

Why?

Because a bunch of assblasted crybabies think Vic is a meanie poopoo head?

Fine, go for it.

Knock yourself out.

• D'oh 1

35 minutes ago, PowerKing said:

Lol.

Why?

Because a bunch of assblasted crybabies think Vic is a meanie poopoo head?

Fine, go for it.

Knock yourself out.

Have you read about the sheer number of incidents? You might as well claim Michael Jackson wasn't molesting boys.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stilgar said:

Bucket hasn't read anything.

I've read a lot of stuff regarding the situation.

I think this whole situation has been blown out of proportion.

The evidence against him is weak and anecdotal (and all in an attempt at a smear campaign coordinated by vindictive jilted women and white knights tripping over themselves to earn friend zone points).

That said, if solid and concrete evidence surfaces I will disavow him.

Until that happens, I have no reason to hate the guy based on unsubstantiated claims and hearsay.

• D'oh 2

7 minutes ago, Daos said:

By that standard OJ and MJ are innocent.

Those cases are much more nuanced.

I personally think OJ Simpson was at least an accessory to those murders.

Michael Jackson... I honestly don't know. 

Even if he didn't molest any kids his behaviors were certainly questionable and creepy and weird.

Nuanced! OJ blatantly killed two people and left a mountain of evidence behind, why would you think he was an accessory?

MJ slept in a bed with young boys, and a maid saw him in the shower with one of them. He spent between 35 and 200 million to cover up the fact that he molested around 24 boys.

These are kind of open and shut cases.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Daos said:

Nuanced! OJ blatantly killed two people and left a mountain of evidence behind, why would you think he was an accessory?

MJ slept in a bed with young boys, and a maid saw him in the shower with one of them. He spent between 35 and 200 million to cover up the fact that he molested around 24 boys.

These are kind of open and shut cases.

I think meant to say co-conspirater. My bad.

Like I said, I'm not super knowledgeable about Michael Jackson's sordid affairs.

From what I've gathered yeah, he was a mentally disturbed person and those parents should not have allowed their children to be subject to all of his weirdness.

As for the molestation stuff... That's a really vague and wide blanket term. He could have grabbed their knee and massaged it and that could be charged as molestation.

I'll say this one more time.

Yeah.

He engaged in some highly questionable behavior with children.

As far as I know he never raped or sexually assaulted any of them.

As I stated already, I'm not an expert on the topic. So I could be completely incorrect.

But, at this point in time, I can't say I've seen anything absolutely heinous regarding his actions. Weird, creepy, inappropriate... Yes. 

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.scribd.com/document/406767091/Plaintiff-s-Original-Petition

So, Vic has decided to fully nuke what little was left of his career and reputation and sue Funimation, Jamie Marchi, Monica Rial, and Ron Toye

The case is hilarious.  Apparently they didn't even get Ron's job right.  They're going after tweets, and asking for things I don't think they want to hear the answers to.  Now every skeleton in Vic's closet is going to be in the open for public display and even more will come out.  Does Vic really want these people explaining themselves in public on the record?

I hope you enjoy Rohan being your last anime role and the whole world knowing what a sicko you are, Vic.

P.S. The law firm that Vic hired has a state senator that defended conversion therapy.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

Okay it's kinda double hilarious because Funi is a non-union company operating out of an employer-at-will state that gives them significant power to fire someone for most reasons. I'm pretty sure even the strongest employee contract won't protect you in the case of a huge public backlash after years of documented shitty behavior.

I wonder if this all going to court will put a damper on the idiots whining that "If what he did was so bad why hasn't there been any legal action yet? Shouldn't he get a trail before you terrible SJWs ruin his life?" I mean, probably not but it's a nice dream.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ben0119 said:

https://www.scribd.com/document/406767091/Plaintiff-s-Original-Petition

So, Vic has decided to fully nuke what little was left of his career and reputation and sue Funimation, Jamie Marchi, Monica Rial, and Ron Toye

The case is hilarious.  Apparently they didn't even get Ron's job right.  They're going after tweets, and asking for things I don't think they want to hear the answers to.  Now every skeleton in Vic's closet is going to be in the open for public display and even more will come out.  Does Vic really want these people explaining themselves in public on the record?

I hope you enjoy Rohan being your last anime role and the whole world knowing what a sicko you are, Vic.

P.S. The law firm that Vic hired has a state senator that defended conversion therapy.

WHAT???

OH.

MY GOD.

9 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

Okay it's kinda double hilarious because Funi is a non-union company operating out of an employer-at-will state that gives them significant power to fire someone for most reasons. I'm pretty sure even the strongest employee contract won't protect you in the case of a huge public backlash after years of documented shitty behavior.

I wonder if this all going to court will put a damper on the idiots whining that "If what he did was so bad why hasn't there been any legal action yet? Shouldn't he get a trail before you terrible SJWs ruin his life?" I mean, probably not but it's a nice dream.

Also even without hard evidence... the employer is well within their rights to terminate an employee for alleged harassment. My job for instance (also in Texas) fired a supervisor a few months because he got reported to HR by two people for inappropriate sexual comments to an employee. There was no hard evidence, but they have a zero tolerance policy and it's better to nip it in the bud than to open themselves to legal action for continued sexual harassment.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

Also even without hard evidence... the employer is well within their rights to terminate an employee for alleged harassment. 

He isn't suing them for firing him. He's suing them for defamation. If they fired him and didn't mention why, that would be one thing. In the tweet they made about his termination ("We do not condone any kind of harassment or threatening behavior being directed at anyone.") they implied that they fired him because he harassed someone, which he obviously denies.

• D'oh 1

8 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

The burden of proof is also on Vic to demonstrate that there was a coordinated attempt to defame him.  I hope he enjoys bending over and getting reamed.

He doesn't have to prove anything. He's suing them for defamation. All he has to do is say, under oath, that the allegations they made against him aren't true. Then it's up to them to prove they are.

• D'oh 1

8 minutes ago, Greeny said:

He doesn't have to prove anything. He's suing them for defamation. All he has to do is say, under oath, that the allegations they made against him aren't true. Then it's up to them to prove they are.

Presumably FUNi’s internal investigation will be used as evidence.  

I see no way this ends well for Vic when you can get all those people who were creeped out as witnesses.

• Like 3

Yeah... FUNimation performed an internal investigation before they terminated him. And considering there are people who have stated they warned FUNi what could come up when they were working on the Broly dub. I just don't see how this goes well for him. I can see a judge tossing it out before anything even happens. This is really just the final nail in his coffin tbh. He probably could have lied low for a few years and then come back, but suing them is a good way to ensure they never even consider hiring you again.

Also whoever posted the filing to scribd without redacting home addresses is a fucking dick.

Edited by QueenoftheDorks
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Jman said:

Presumably FUNi’s internal investigation will be used as evidence.  

I see no way this ends well for Vic when you can get all those people who were creeped out as witnesses.

That's good for Vic. Apparently all that investigation turned up was an incident with a jelly bean and a dad joke. Hardly harassment. (In fact, Monica Rial has confirmed this.)

And they don't get to bring in any witnesses because they aren't relevant to the defendants' defamation. Correction: The defendants CAN bring in witnesses, but only to corroborate their allegations. They can't take the stand and use their own accusations as evidence against Vic because those allegations aren't relevant to the defamation.

Edited by Greeny
  • D'oh 1

3 hours ago, Greeny said:

No, that's not how it works. The onus is on the plaintiff to prove that the statements made were deliberately false and caused damage. The burden of proof is on Vic's team.

And stop repeating alt-right bullshit. The "jelly bean thing" was not remotely the only incident in question. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

No, that's not how it works. The onus is on the plaintiff to prove that the statements made were deliberately false and caused damage. The burden of proof is on Vic's team.

And stop repeating alt-right bullshit. The "jelly bean thing" was not remotely the only incident in question. 

It is how it works. You don't have to take my word for it.

• D'oh 1

2 hours ago, Greeny said:

It is how it works. You don't have to take my word for it.

Lol what? Defamation, Slander and Libel are all extremely hard to prove and people that sue almost never win. You have to basically catch them on record saying they're knowingly spreading false information about you to damage you personally and professionally.

I have no idea what country you're from but here in the US you can slander and libel people all day with pretty much zero consequences.

• Like 4

ANN article is up -

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-04-19/vic-mignogna-sues-funimation-jamie-marchi-monica-rial-ronald-toye/.145898

Yeah, there are factual inaccuracies in the lawsuit.  That is one crack team that Vic hired.

I like what this person said in the ANN thread.  They summed it up perfectly -

I'll say it right now, this is the act of an entitled, pathetic little creep who is angered that his abuse of power and assumptions over physical interaction with anyone is finally being challenged. And it's hurting his bank account. 

I hope something does come to life, definitively, in court proceedings--that Vic is guilty and his fanatical cultists can then shut up. 

No one would endure what Rial, Marchi, and the others have for such a moronic reason as "ruining someone's career." Death threats, constant social media attacks, effects to their work, relationships. None of it is "worth" the supposed payoff of tarnishing Poor Vic's name in the eyes of fans and the industries. 

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/vic-mignogna-sues-funimation-1203193225/

There is an article by Variety covering the lawsuit.  Enjoy that mainstream coverage, Vic!  Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1