UnevenEdge

Do you refrigerate your condiments.

André Toulon

I guess specifically I'm talking about ketchup, but people here keep mustard and syrup out as well......I get looked at funny when I take shit off the counter and put it in the fridge.

And it's at home too.......My girl asked me a few times why do I put ketchup in the fridge......She says she doesn't want cold ketchup.....I'm like well do you want it spoiled.

I've had spoiled ketchup before.....It kinda burns and tastes like what it is.....Rotten fruit......I even refrigerate my sugar........Do you want ants, because that's how you get ants.

Anyway, I'm coming to visit all of you and just need to know if I need to bring my own fixin's.

Stuff like ketchup and ranch dressing go into the fridge, as do things like jellies and jams. Banana sauce, hoisin, oyster sauce, plum sauce, etc. go in the pantry. Soy sauce and chocolate/strawberry syrup goes in the fridge. Peanut butter and maple syrup in a plastic bottle go in the cabinet, but maple syrup in a glass bottle gets to go to the fridge. Granulated sugar stays outside the fridge but brown sugar goes in (mostly because I will use plain sugar much faster than any kind of brown sugar).

Stuff like ketchup and ranch dressing go into the fridge, as do things like jellies and jams. Banana sauce, hoisin, oyster sauce, plum sauce, etc. go in the pantry. Soy sauce and chocolate/strawberry syrup goes in the fridge. Peanut butter and maple syrup in a plastic bottle go in the cabinet, but maple syrup in a glass bottle gets to go to the fridge. Granulated sugar stays outside the fridge but brown sugar goes in (mostly because I will use plain sugar much faster than any kind of brown sugar).

No, no, NOOOO.....Peatnut butter and Syrup both go in the fridge.....If you are upset about the consistency, remove for 20 minutes before preparing....I will not have this in my home......I use a 1 lb bag of plain sugar in a month or less....It must be in the fridge

syrup, honey, and peanut butter go in the pantry. sugar and flour in sealed containers on the countertop. coffee in the cupboard. everything else in the fridge.

state food sanitation certification for all the win.

Those are exactly stellar standards....Just what will keep you from being shut down.

i've never scored lower than 99/100 on a state inspection. 70 and lower gets you shut down.

but this is your train. ride it hard.

Hey, I'm not downing your establishment.....I eat at Subway and would probably not turn my nose up at anything from your place.....I expect a certain amount of fecal matter to make the grade.....I'm just saying that Public heath standards aren't exactly stellar.

I keep pretty much all condiments, once opened, in the fridge, so I don't see it as strange.

Edit: Hot sauce, I guess I don't refrigerate, but it's got so much vinegar that bacteria refuses, lol, so it's no biggie. Salsa goes in the fridge, of course.

Hey, I'm not downing your establishment.....I eat at Subway and would probably not turn my nose up at anything from your place.....I expect a certain amount of fecal matter to make the grade.....I'm just saying that Public heath standards aren't exactly stellar.

oh, i don't keep condiments at the bar. we don't serve food there. it's just a straight-up dive, no frills and no kitchen.