UnevenEdge

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

StarPanda

Captain Marvel - 7/10

Internet trolls and crybabies aside (speaking of, where did they run off to?) I enjoyed this one. Not the best, but it was entertaining all the way through. Would love to see more done with this character. 

Us - 6/10

I really wanted to like this one, but it fell short for me. I was honestly on board until the last 15 minutes or so, but I'll avoid spoilers. Speaking of, the big twist? Saw that coming from a mile away. By the first 10 minutes I already knew what it was going to be. That was a let down. And I get the social commentary and the whole us vs. them thing and it really was a well crafted movie, but I think it went a little over it's own head. I hate to compare it, but Get Out was way better.

Also Lupita is so god damned gorgeous. Good lord woman. 

• Like 1

Just watched 'Suburbicon' on OnDemand service.

I don't know what the point of the movie was supposed to be.

It was executed well, but didn't have anything else going for it.

4/10 for competent production, decent acting and nothing else.

Edited by PowerKing

Shazam! - 9/10.

Best DC movie I've seen in a long time.  I loved it.  I was the only one in the theater to watch until the

credits were over so I saw the extra scene.  It felt more like a Marvel film than a DC one which is great since

I love Marvel films.  Also liked how it was a little similar to the movie Big.

Edited by blueraven1999

The Meh er--I mean The Meg - 4/10

I expected a stupid movie and that's exactly what I got. Checks all the boxes for stupid summer blockbuster. It is painfully obvious this is co-produced by a Chinese company, too, with gratuitous shots and sets in China. 

It really wanted to be a cheesey movie but fell short of even that. 

Avengers Endgame 8.7/10

What a way to end  things. To start with Iron Man and get all the way here amazing what an incredible phase I'm glad I was there from the beginning to watch it. 

The movie itself was good, there where things  that contradicted everything they had said in previous movies but I guess they get a pass, other details bugged me but not enough to not enjoy the movie. Thor man I'm sure a few fans werent pleased on how he was handled in this movie........but man oh man oh man that final act was a thing of beauty the culmination of everything that has been happening in the past 10 years came together for one epic battle. 

• Like 1

Avengers: Endgame - 7/10.

Good but not as good as the last one.  It seriously reminded me of Back to the Future part two.

I was okay with the first major death since I never liked the character to begin with but I'm not happy about Iron Man.

He was my favorite of the original Avengers but what really gets me mad is that they got his age wrong.

I'm pretty sure Tony was in his 40's when he first became Iron Man in the comics.  He shouldn't have been born in 1970.  He should be older than that.

I really didn't think he was de-aged in the movies.  If you go by that, he was about 36 when he first became Iron Man.  That just doesn't sound right to me. 

Little things like this bother me.

Edited by blueraven1999

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Avengers Endgame 6/10

Finally got around to seeing it. I wanted to go see it opening weekend of course, but right before I had a medical issue with my hearing (one of my ears went temporarily deaf due to a virus apparently) and it only recently got better. Wish I could say it was totally worth the wait, but I was actually pretty disappointed, particulary though with the ending.

Spoiler

I knew when I saw they were bringing time travel into it I wasn't going to like it, since most movies always make a mess of time travel stuff, but up until the end I generally liked how they handled it actually. What they did with Captain America though, just made no sense and basically ruined it for me. Seems like they broke their own rules having him appear on the bench like that. I mean, how did he get back from the alternate reality he grew old in without using the device? Sounds like even the writers don't agree about it, with the explanations they tried to give to explain it. Also, wish they would have elucidated on what happened to Gamora. Hopefully the next Guardians movie will answer about what happened to her.

• Like 2

Avengers: Endgame 6/10

They could have knocked 45 minutes off this sucker. There was no reason for it to be 3 hours. The movie felt like unnecessary scenes dragged on while scenes I wanted to have more emotional impact were too short. I give the movie credit though because 

Spoiler

it did make me cry at the end. Also agree with @Dark_Cloud_Overhead. Captain America changing his past made no sense to me the way the movie did it, and I friggin loved Agent Carter so I would be very forgiving if it just had a small amount of decent logic. At least I can go online now without being spoiled.

Edited by SorceressPol

On 3/27/2019 at 12:32 AM, GunStarHero said:

Captain Marvel - 7/10

Internet trolls and crybabies aside (speaking of, where did they run off to?) I enjoyed this one. Not the best, but it was entertaining all the way through. Would love to see more done with this character. 

Agree with the comments about the crybabies and the score. Captain Marvel taking place in the 90's along with using tropes from movies featuring female leads in late 90's to early 00's made it a nostalgic experience for me. I was actually a little sad for a moment because this would have been great to watch on girls' night out back in the day, but getting together now only happens about twice a year. It was easy to imagine me and my friends mouthing the lyrics to songs and eating food snuck in from the mall food court. Not too many of the newer flicks can give me this feeling.

I haven't seen Us yet, so I blocked out the rest of your post with my hand xD.

John Wick 3 Parabellum 8/10

Crazy good fight choreography, but at times it did get a bit monotonous. Total body count for this movie has gotta be totally insane, was basically my first thought when the credits started to roll. Looking it up online just now I see I was right. I think the Wick character probably had more kills than words spoken in fact. Might be the only main character in a non-horror movie I can think of that I can say that about. In any case, I look forward to seeing more in part 4.