UnevenEdge

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

StarPanda

Star Wars the Last Jedi - 7/10

I'm kind of torn over this, much like the fans and critics I suppose; although, ironically the fan in me really enjoyed it, while the critic in me didn't so much. Main thing that irked me were some of the space combat parts that just blatantly defied the laws of physics, but ultimately this movie for me was all about getting to see Mark Hamill again, and he didn't disappoint.

The Greastest Showman - 8/10

Not enough singing. LOL Seriously, I know it's a muscial, but it felt like they were really pushing the limit with how many song and dance numbers they squeezed into this. It's forgivable though if only because the songs were all pretty good. I was totally stunned though when I went home and read up on the life of the actual P.T. Barnum and realized how wildly the movie diverged from and glossed over the true history of the man.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - 10/10

Wish when I had detention it went something like that.

Edited by Dark_Cloud_Overhead

American Made 8/10

Good flick very well paced good acting funny and entertaining. 

Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales 7/10

This was def better then then last pirates movie. Yes Johnny Depp was annoyingly sillier them usual but overall I enjoyed the movie the ending scenes were great, especially that reunion at the end 

Edited by StarPanda

Bright 7.8/10

I saw what the critics and fans said. I enjoyed this movie yes it might have been all over the place but it definitely had some good points to it. The police scenes shoot out and action was great. The magic aspect of it altho silly at times did work for most of the story. I feel this would work out better as a series. I say check it out 

Tron:  Legacy - 8/10.

I probably should rate it 7/10 because of the story, but the visuals were so pretty.  I really enjoyed it.

It's not the kind of movie that I would want to see again anytime soon, but it was fun to watch.  I haven't watched the first Tron yet so I'll have to watch it sometime in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

The Cloverfield Paradox 7.5/10

I really like the Cloverfield franchise and I was really excited that this came out on Sunday and somewhat out of nowhere. The movie itself was enjoyable kept me entertained. However yes it has it's flaws a lot of things that weren't really explained thoroughly.

• 3 weeks later...

Black Panther 9/10

About as awesome as expected.

Annihilation 2/10

And on the other end of the spectrum...  Yeah, that was just totally stupid and completely disappointing.  I'm sorry, I just hate movies that try and act smart and then essentially throw any common sense about how science and biology works out the window.  If there was actually any reasonable attempt to explain any of what was taking place, then maybe I could have forgiven it, but seemed like they hardly even bothered.

Mary and the Witch's Flower 10/10

Great kickoff for Studio Ponoc, totally in the spirit of Studio Ghibil, as you would expect from a couple of former Ghibli veterans.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pacific Rim: Uprising 6/10

Not bad, but just really feel like in a number of ways that it failed to live up to the original, which was kinda disappointing.

Ready Player One 10/10

That was actually pretty amazing. Nostalgia probably has a lot to do with why I enjoyed it so much, but I think even you don't get all the references you'd still find it a pretty fun ride.

I remember playing that Adventure Atari game as a kid, and stumbling upon that easter egg and wondering what the heck it was at the time. My uncle (who technically I guess is my half uncle and happens to be only 10 years older than me and the closest I had to a big brother) was living with us back then, and had a friend who I remember was always coming over and playing that game and schooling me at it. Sadly it's about the only memory I have of him as I found out he committed suicide not long after that. Still it's nice to think about him after all this time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rampage 9/10

Can the Rock do no wrong? It's starting to feel like it lately, cuz that was pure awesome. Jeffery Dean Morgan almost stole the show with his character, who had some of the best lines, but even he couldn't steal the spotlight, of course, from the film's true star... George the gorilla. xD HOO HOO HOO! Only slight criticism I have is a few things were telegraphed a bit much, but otherwise, that well... rocked.

Back to the Future trilogy. For only around the 10th time in my life. I still say Part III is better than II. I've always viewed them as Marty's, Biff's, and Doc's movies respectively and Doc has always been my favorite character. The movie channels I watched them on rated them 4 stars, 2 1/2 stars, and 3 1/2 stars respectively and I tend to agree with that assessment.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 1:03 AM, BUU8800 said:

Back to the Future trilogy. For only around the 10th time in my life. I still say Part III is better than II. I've always viewed them as Marty's, Biff's, and Doc's movies respectively and Doc has always been my favorite character. The movie channels I watched them on rated them 4 stars, 2 1/2 stars, and 3 1/2 stars respectively and I tend to agree with that assessment.

BTTF Part 3 is better than Part 2.  From what I remember mostly everyone thought part 2 was the worst in the series including myself.

I was 10 when part 2 came out.  I saw part 2 and part 3 in the theater with my dad.  Part 3 was my favorite as a kid. 

It was kinda weird that part 2 and 3 came out so long after BTTF 1 and now the same is happening with Avatar.

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 1

No, but I did read the spoiler synopsis. From that I doubt I'd like it as much. You see...

One of the things I loved about the first movie was that, while yes it was a funny origin story, it was also largely a love story. And I really enjoyed those Wade x Vanessa scenes. I was dreading 2 coming out because my gut feeling months ago was that they'd probably kill Vanessa off in the second, thereby making the first feel kinda pointless, and sure enough they do in the opening section. Now I get that she comes back at the end, which saves me from thinking I'd totally hate it because I would otherwise, but she's still dead throughout the entire movie right? So...eh. I'll probably watch it when it gets to HBO or something, assuming I still even have the channel by then.

19 minutes ago, BUU8800 said:

No, but I did read the spoiler synopsis. From that I doubt I'd like it as much. You see...

Hide contents

One of the things I loved about the first movie was that, while yes it was a funny origin story, it was also largely a love story. And I really enjoyed those Wade x Vanessa scenes. I was dreading 2 coming out because my gut feeling months ago was that they'd probably kill Vanessa off in the second, thereby making the first feel kinda pointless, and sure enough they do in the opening section. Now I get that she comes back at the end, which saves me from thinking I'd totally hate it because I would otherwise, but she's still dead throughout the entire movie right? So...eh. I'll probably watch it when it gets to HBO or something, assuming I still even have the channel by then.

That makes sense.  The comedy is my favorite part of it and romance is my least so I actually like this movie more than the first.

You wouldn't like the second movie then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ant-Man and the Wasp - 8/10

It was really good, but I'd be lying if I said I liked it more than Infinity War. That was always gonna be tough though just considering the sheer scale of the latter film. This one was, pun intended, much smaller in scope. Smaller, but also much sweeter. Wholesome is probably the word I'd best use to describe it. Scott and Cassie's relationship, Scott and Hope's, Hope with Hank...and later Janet. Hank and Janet, it was also very touching and nice. The action scenes were fun, I liked Stan Lee's cameo but boy is he starting to show all of that 95 year old body. Even his mustache looked older! Honestly the movie I'm having trouble deciding if I liked it better than it is the original Ant-Man. I really loved that movie, it was sorta the overlooked Marvel film I liked a ton. I probably liked this better, but I dunno. I'll hafta watch it again after it gets on HBO or Netflix or whatnot. That end credits scene was such a (somewhat predictable)dick move though. My 11 year old nephew especially hated it. After everything they went through it's snatched away again, just like that. I do think those particles or whatnot Scott was gathering(which reminded me of Fry gathering the chronotons in that one Futurama episode) are gonna prove vital in next year's Avenger's 4, where he'll play a role. I'm not sure how he'll get back from the Quantum Realm, but I've heard the upcoming Captain Marvel movie might be looking into that location too, so that may tie into it.

Edited by BUU8800
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Happytime Murders: More like Unhappy Murdered Time! This film should be brought to you by the letter U, as in YOU WILL PROBABLY NOT LIKE THIS MOVIE. The kids all hated it and cried until we were asked to leave. Alyssa McCathy had no chemistry with her co-star, Jason Tatum. They were much better together in Spy. Just an absolute waste of time.

9.5/10

Edited by panic