UnevenEdge

How valuable is your facial hair

I absolutely need my mustache....I can grow a full beard almost at will, so I've always had the liberty to style it differently....

I don't care for the full beard at all... it's noisy and itchy, but a close shaved beard, or goatee/stache combo works well, but every so often, I forget the failure that is my face sans mustache and I go for it only to realize I look like a psychopath....I don't look younger, or squeaky clean....I just look bonkers. No matter what, I need the stache.

Are you married to any form of facial hair.....sideburns included 

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

I've let my full beard grow for the past 6 years now. I kept it at various lengths. Right now, I keep it at half an inch.

I've had quite a few men say they're jealous of my beard. It's honestly not as full as I'd like it to be though. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Insipid said:

I've let my full beard grow for the past 6 years now. I kept it at various lengths. Right now, I keep it at half an inch.

I've had quite a few men say they're jealous of my beard. It's honestly not as full as I'd like it to be though. 🤷‍♂️

You managed to destroy my entire placeholder image I had for you in my head in just a few days.

Since I've never seen you post a pic, I'll not ask....but is there anyone "famous" I can envision you akin to.

I'm really basic so right now I'm going with Steve Aoki with a little weight rather than the Hworang I initially had for you.

29 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

You managed to destroy my entire placeholder image I had for you in my head in just a few days.

Since I've never seen you post a pic, I'll not ask....but is there anyone "famous" I can envision you akin to.

I'm really basic so right now I'm going with Steve Aoki with a little weight rather than the Hworang I initially had for you.

lol, there really isn't anyone famous I look similar to. Just imagine fair skin, black hair, Balkan male with slanted eyes, I guess.

I’m very baby faced when I don’t have a beard. Case in point: when I was first dating my wife, I was clean shaven and looked so young that, when I was out to eat with her and my future stepdaughter, one of her classmates saw us and asked if I was her brother. So yeah, I always have a beard.

• Thanks 1

i like to save all my facial pluckings.

like my childrens baby teeth. 

quick note...my right eybrow, in the corner is growing white hairs. i, think i'm going to have one white and one black eyebrow. i'm not entirely sure how to feel. OR, it will stripe. either way. 

• Like 2

started sporting a stache maybe 15 years ago? don't remember for sure. i think the last time i was 100 clean shaven was my wedding in 2011. been a full beardo for probably the last 12 years too. sometimes when i'm in a slump, i'm even a neck beardo for a couple days before i get disgusted with myself and trim that shit up.

oh i forgot about that one time wife and i dressed up like bob's burgers for halloween. i went back to just a stache for that. might have been like 2018.

• Like 2

I see a lot of you saying you hate shaving. I have a full beard all the time but I shave everyday. I shave my neck and my upper cheeks. I can’t stand a neck beard and the cheek part, I look like wolf man otherwise.

• Like 1

I used to love shaving because it gave me a chance to experiment but after the sarcoid started with the facial scars, it got painful so now I have to shave often to prevent the hair getting out of hand and I need to pull out the facial lawn mower....which hurts when it saws through a scar

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

I see a lot of you saying you hate shaving. I have a full beard all the time but I shave everyday. I shave my neck and my upper cheeks. I can’t stand a neck beard and the cheek part, I look like wolf man otherwise.

Shaving is so meh. 

I just use sandpaper on my legs now. 

3 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

i haven't heard any pro-shavers mention their love of in-grown hairs

Don't make me post an ingrown hair removal video. 

I have no idea how anyone can have an entire head of hair seemingly wedged into a single pore. o.O 

I rarely get them and if one does happen for whatever reason, I just pop it and go about the rest of my day. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Don't believe I've ever had one...I've heard of them...even hear they can form pus...but alas, I have no idea what it actually is

basically the hair is shaved down to the skin and then for one reason or another the skin envelopes the top of the hair and the pore

so the door is shut but the hair's still gotta grow, and so it just grows and curls around and around inside your skin

if it's caught early it's basically like popping a zit and a hair comes out, if not it'll just like create a whole pocket between layers of skin to grow and fester in

• Thanks 2

I don't think I expessed my sentiments strong enough earlier. I love my beard. Having the ability to grow facial hair is one of my favorite things about being a man. There's nothing quite like scratching your beard when you're deep in contemplation. Yeah, yeah, stereotypical pseudointellectual neckbeard redditor, idgaf

Honestly, will still go clean shaven for a hundred bucks. The shit will grow back presentable enough in about two weeks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

I don’t like shaving, but it’s been better now that I use a safety razor instead of an electric one.  I’ll shave once a week because that’s how long I can go before stubble becomes an actual beard, and I shave it all off.

On 4/3/2024 at 9:58 AM, Insipid said:

I've had quite a few men say they're jealous of my beard.

Guys will say anything to fuck.

You can't be out here giving it up for beard compliments.

• Haha 1