UnevenEdge

Take THAT, Barbie.

Icarus27k

It's just me or is Ben shapiro just odd what the hell does Barbie have to do with conservatism  i mean she is like the most politically neutral of toy brands she does a lot of different careers yet conforms to General norms at the same time she either is a great compromise or  or getting attacked on all sides

@Icarus27k

Edited by ghostrek

I think this is the first time a meme has successfully created a blockbuster.  Between this and Oppenheimer, the theaters are packed this weekend (which is probably why I’m chilling by the pool waiting for less people).

i REALLY want to see this now. this movie has all the magaquterds raging against the barbie. 

if you like barbie, see the movie, if you DON'T like move, even better. see the movie* is the general consensus.

i used my sisters barbie's to traverse "land mines".  they rode , tied to the back of a tanka dump truck with black g.i. joe and steve austin/6 million dollar man, and the bionic woman.

and i wouldn't mind the theatre. seems like a theatre movie. 

now, oppenheimier is an at home movie, so i'll wait until blu'ray. 

Edited by discolé monade
  • Haha 1

I've seen one scene from the movie and that was more than enough.

She comes to the real world and everyone is staring at her, so she announces that neither she nor Ken have genitals (in those words).

Then a random guy walks up and slaps Barbie's ass. And Barbie gets arrested for punching him.

Wtf why is Barbie being sexually assaulted?

100% guarantee Shapiro blew his third load on that one.

• Like 2

What I'm about to show you has lived in my head rent-free since I read it at lunch

Barbie was, of course, all about the marketing, and in our theater (name withheld to keep the lawyers caged), the number of elderly folks dressed like Barbie and Ken reminded us yet again to see the good side of the planet being baked into oblivion by global warming. 

https://defector.com/barbenheimer-the-ratto-review

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In all seriousness, the thing I heard about "Barbie" is that it is a Barbie movie in the same way "Blazing Saddles" is a Western. It's supposedly very self-aware and sardonic. Which sounds pretty interesting. 

Edited by Icarus27k
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

In all seriousness, the thing I heard about "Barbie" is that it is a Barbie movie in the same way "Blazing Saddles" is a Western. It's supposedly very self-aware and sardonic. Which sounds pretty interesting. 

Then why not just watch it? Unless you find the stupid pop cultural wars propagated by people like Shapiro more entertaining, which apparently you do.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

The people screeched over the Barbie movie are the same person running to buy a garbage Jason Aldean song 

someone did a deep dive on the video. and one of the newsclippings hanging is an article from the 'petal paper' which actually condoned the behavior of the white citizens after the brown v boe

i finally watched that crap yesterday, and i noticed something really fucking off. half of those supposed 'riots' the undesirable ...were over seas. the german labor riot, the riot in france, and i think there was a snippet for the south american student protest. - i just confirmed this before typing. 

ALSO...and this i knew right off the bat. that place he's filiming. that is the locale for lynchings of black persons. 

and finally....the fact that this putz DRESSED IN BLACK FACE.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, discolé monade said:

someone did a deep dive on the video. and one of the newsclippings hanging is an article from the 'petal paper' which actually condoned the behavior of the white citizens after the brown v boe

i finally watched that crap yesterday, and i noticed something really fucking off. half of those supposed 'riots' the undesirable ...were over seas. the german labor riot, the riot in france, and i think there was a snippet for the south american student protest. - i just confirmed this before typing. 

ALSO...and this i knew right off the bat. that place he's filiming. that is the locale for lynchings of black persons. 

and finally....the fact that this putz DRESSED IN BLACK FACE.

Lol how did you even make sense of what I said. Dear lord that was atrocious grammar I used jfc 😬😆

ok now that that’s out of the way.  I think he used bits of a BLM protest as well. He was definitely threatening people with his awful song and he thought about the location he knew damn well what it represented. I’m just getting sick of the “durr how is this song racist without a single n bomb” crowd. Frfr 

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Lol how did you even make sense of what I said. Dear lord that was atrocious grammar I used jfc 😬😆

ok now that that’s out of the way.  I think he used bits of a BLM protest as well. He was definitely threatening people with his awful song and he thought about the location he knew damn well what it represented. I’m just getting sick of the “durr how is this song racist without a single n bomb” crowd. Frfr 

because....elevated persons know....we just do. 

i read earlier that blm is getting cut. yeah..BLM isn't having it.  **edit looks like that happened **

and it looks like there are a few more edits in the works. 

7ttgyl.jpg

Edited by discolé monade
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Sigh, this is one internet drama I was really trying not to care about but the Barbie social media memes are getting out of hand and I don't understand any of them.

As long as Amy Schumer is pissed, I'm happy but now I kinda want to catch up....my boredom may get the best of me.

cis white men,  between 29-51, in the magaqtips world, are losing their shit over the 'wokeness' of barbie. 

apparently, this was greta gerwig target audeince, when she made this film. /s/

men in this area are losing their shit. 

2 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

cis white men,  between 29-51, in the magaqtips world, are losing their shit over the 'wokeness' of barbie. 

apparently, this was greta gerwig target audeince, when she made this film. /s/

men in this area are losing their shit. 

What's (ugh) "woke" about it....is a woman bread winner woke now?.....I'm only asking this specifically because I have seen memes about how Ken was only validated through his relationship with a successful woman

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2023 at 1:43 PM, Icarus27k said:

I'm going to see this for the second time tonight. The first time, I mostly enjoyed it but felt it lagged around 3/4th of the way through. (It is 2 hours and 7 minutes long.)

So why a second time? Because I'm a big DC fan, and even with comics, I find that I enjoy them more on a second read thru. By that time, I accept that I'm used to the story challenging my preconceptions and I can more fairly judge it. 

3 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Someone needs to point out where in the bible it says to spend $200 on a toy that little girls play with in order to smash it while crying about how evil it is. 

Maybe...spend that money on feeding the poor? Or anger management programs? 

It's next to the part where good followers can take no losses ever, even perceived ones.