UnevenEdge

Trumpist Insurrection in DC

ZoomBubba

12 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

Can he plead the 5th to the grand jury? Because I don't see him making a face turn.

Unless he takes a heel turn and claims the insurrection was his idea all along, I don’t think pleading the fifth benefits him all that much.  

4 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

The 5th means he can't self incriminate, but I don't think the 5th works wen it's incriminating someone else and not you.

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

Unless he takes a heel turn and claims the insurrection was his idea all along, I don’t think pleading the fifth benefits him all that much.  

Sure, but I meant it in the sense of simply not answering. I guess I should've also added "I don't recall" to the list of non-answers.

And I guess a better question would have been "Can you plead the 5th if it's not possible to incriminate yourself?"

41 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

Sure, but I meant it in the sense of simply not answering. I guess I should've also added "I don't recall" to the list of non-answers.

And I guess a better question would have been "Can you plead the 5th if it's not possible to incriminate yourself?"

He was going to give non-answers anyway.  If reports are to be believed, he was mostly a pawn for various indeterminate proxies throughout the entire debacle.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the general election fraud thread? But anyways, lol.

MyPillow founder and prominent election denier Mike Lindell made a bold offer ahead of a “cyber symposium” he held in August 2021 in South Dakota: He claimed he had data showing Chinese interference and said he would pay $5 million to anyone who could prove the material was not from the previous year’s U.S. election.

He called the challenge “Prove Mike Wrong.”

On Wednesday, a private arbitration panel ruled that someone did.

The panel said Robert Zeidman, a computer forensics expert and 63-year-old Trump voter from Nevada, was entitled to the $5 million payout.

Zeidman had examined Lindell’s data and concluded that not only did it not prove voter fraud, it also had no connection to the 2020 election. He was the only expert who submitted a claim, arbitration records show.

He turned to the arbitrators after Lindell Management, which created the contest, refused to pay him.

In their 23-page decision, the arbitrators said Zeidman proved that Lindell’s material “unequivocally did not reflect November 2020 election data.” They directed Lindell’s firm to pay Zeidman within 30 days.

In a statement to The Washington Post, Zeidman said he was “really happy” with the arbitrators’ decision. “They clearly saw this as I did — that the data we were given at the symposium was not at all what Mr. Lindell said it was,” he said. “The truth is finally out there.”

Zeidman’s attorney, Brian Glasser, said the panel’s decision stands as a warning to others who have made wild allegations about election fraud. “I think the arbitrators thought it important that these claims be vetted, because they’ve done great harm to our country,” he said.

Lindell said in a text to The Post: “They made a terribly wrong decision! This will be going to court!” His attorneys did not reply to a request seeking comment.

A copy of contest rules submitted in the arbitration said disputes would be “resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration” and noted that arbitration “is subject to very limited review by courts.”

Glasser said the panel’s decision cannot be directly appealed but that Lindell could ask a federal court to quash it on the basis that it represented a “manifest injustice.” The statutory grounds for such a claim are narrow, and it is “extremely rare” for such a claim to succeed, according to Glasser.

Lindell also faces a $1.3 billion defamation suit from Dominion Voting Systems and a defamation lawsuit from one o

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2023/04/20/mike-lindell-prove-wrong-contest/

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

I think this is the general election fraud thread? But anyways, lol.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2023/04/20/mike-lindell-prove-wrong-contest/

Lindell:  Prove Mike Wrong for 5m

Zeidman: Ok

Arbitrators:  Mike has been proven wrong 

Lindell:  nope. Not paying. 

he’s gonna be paying. his own contest rules limits his ability to go through the courts. Usually that fucks the little guy, much better to witness it work like this though 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

WASHINGTON — The letter that former President Donald Trump received from special counsel Jack Smith informing him that he is a target of the federal investigation into efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election mentions three federal statutes related to the deprivation of rights, conspiracy to defraud the U.S., and tampering with a witness.

Those three federal statutes were included in the letter Trump said he received on Sunday night, according to two attorneys with direct knowledge of the document. The context surrounding the statutes cited in the target letter is unclear, and their inclusion in the letter doesn't necessarily mean Trump will be charged with related counts or that an indictment would be limited to only those three statutes.

One notable thing about this is that "conspiracy to defraud the United States" was the specific crime I expected Trump to get charged with over the Russian collusion in the 2016 election case. 

It may finally happen, just late and a different election. 

• 2 weeks later...

Trump is such a fuckin clown. He Truths of Bleets or wtf it’s called this 

IMG_3639.thumb.jpeg.896e99ccd070fd2e78977740d4e1af04.jpeg

like for seriously?  They dragged their asses BECAUSE HE WAS PRESIDENT and because they wanted to be thorough and then Mr President Clown Shoes announced so early BECAUSE HE KNEW HE WAS BEING INVESTIGATED AND INDICTED. he did this shit so he could cry interference he insults the intelligence of his own base and they let him. Fuckin worst circus ever!

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

like for seriously?  They dragged their asses BECAUSE HE WAS PRESIDENT and because they wanted to be thorough and then Mr President Clown Shoes announced so early BECAUSE HE KNEW HE WAS BEING INVESTIGATED AND INDICTED. he did this shit so he could cry interference he insults the intelligence of his own base and they let him. Fuckin worst circus ever!

Someone’s gotta let him know we will have an election even if he’s not on the ballot.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

Someone’s gotta let him know we will have an election even if he’s not on the ballot.

I have a sinking feeling he will win 2024 and then all charges against him will be dropped because “the people have spoken” or some dumb shit. 

• Thanks 1

I've said it once, I'll say it again. 

The only way at this point that Princess Tinyhands can remotely hope of having a state funeral with all that stupid pomp is if he kicks it immediately. 

He's rapidly heading towards a 21 rascal scooter parade and perhaps another lake full of rapidly sinking MAGAt flag-dragging boats. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

"Deranged Jack Smith"

Why is he so bad at being honest and yet so good at creating INCREDIBLE pro wrestling nicknames?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

"You're too honest!" - talk about your unintentional endorsements of someone you can't stand.

From a legal perspective, that is evidence that Trump knew he lost the 2020 election, that his claims of election fraud were false, and that he wanted the certifying of the electoral college votes stopped despite that. 

Edited by Icarus27k
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

This guy's so fucking president again is he?

The same way 2022 was supposed to see a red wave?

Trump’s cult of sycophants and racists isn’t going anywhere but that’s not enough people to win a general election.  If the nominees grew some balls and nailed Trump on this for the next year, he would lose the nomination but they’re too cowardly to do that.

• Like 1