UnevenEdge

Do you sleep through the night?

SwimOdin

🤣🤣🤣

Oh....you're serious....

Nope, I get up often....for several reasons, but I guess the biggest one being I have to get a sip of water every so often. Which also leads to peeing....so some nights I'm up every hour.

Incidentally, I dozed off about 8 last night and didn't wake up until 2....so technically, I guess that was well over my normal sleep limit 

Nope!  I read somewhere that if you can’t get 5 solid hours, then brain damage starts.  So yea, I’m brain damaged. 

Also, even if I sleep all the way through, it’s not restful.  Too many to-do items in the back of my mind…

Edited by eklipse
  • Sad 1

Most of the time, yes. Sometimes wake up to take a piss.

Oh, and for some reason I have this weird ability to wake up 5 to 10 minutes before my alarm goes off. I rarely rely on the alarm to wake myself up. No, it's not because I always get the same hours of sleep each night either.

Edited by Insipid
  • Thanks 1

If not the bladder, parenthood has me way more hypersensitive than I'd like.

Not a whole lot of crying at night anymore, but one asshole cat surely loves taking advantage of it somewhere around 5:30am-6am most mornings when he wants to eat and can't just wait the extra two hours.

"LEMME JUST JUMP ON THE NIGHTSTAND AND START PAWING AT THE LAMP OR ANY WIRES. DON'T MIND ME, BUT COINCIDENTALLY I AM HUNGRY."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

once I'm asleep I'm going to want to stay asleep for as long as possible. it takes me so long to finally fall asleep, usually hours, but once I've been asleep i can go back to sleep very easily. I've been known to push my sleep to like 12 or more hours if I'm really tired or having a really interesting dream.

i really wish i could just have a regular sleep schedule though. i don't and when i finally get it on a regular schedule it doesn't last long. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eklipse said:

Nope!  I read somewhere that if you can’t get 5 solid hours, then brain damage starts.  So yea, I’m brain damaged. 

Also, even if I sleep all the way through, it’s not restful.  Too many to-do items in the back of my mind…

i think it's more a state of impaired cognitive function and not permanent damage, though I'm no expert. there's a really good ologies episode about sleep that i listened to when i moved but i can't remember if they mentioned that.

oh hey temporal vertigo, that was a year ago.. holy shit

• Like 1

I usually get up once to pee ... prolly because I'm still drinking water even right now.

But even without the peeing, my miniature still sleeps with me so I'm getting punched or kicked .... But I also just don't sleep well unless I'm dog tired 

I tend to take a nap on Saturday or Sunday ... but that's when people want to call me 

• Like 2

On 7/12/2023 at 10:27 AM, 1pooh4u said:

Nope, not at all. I go to sleep late. Wake up several times. Half the time I don’t even sleep in a bed. I never sleep in total darkness or quiet either. I don’t like it. I’m kinda surprised I’m not more bat shit than I actually am. 

This sounds exactly like my mother.  I don't know how she manages any sleep.  She can't contemplate sleep unless there's a tv or something on and even then falls asleep with the light on while she reads sitting up in anything other than a bed.  I don't think she's slept in a bed since childhood.

It used to drive me nuts when I was younger because my room was off of the living room a.k.a her bedroom because she would always fall asleep on the couch and even as a kid I would get up at like 4 am and turn off the tv and lights.  I'm a very light sleeper so I need it pitch black with white noise in order to cancel out any and all other noise.  I'm also a side sleeper by nature but now by necessity because of Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo...so now my funky shaped pillow goes everywhere I go xD

Edited by Vela
forgot the paroxysmal part

On 7/11/2023 at 5:47 AM, SwimOdin said:

Are you able to stay asleep until your alarm goes off? It’s an impossibility for me without the use of some kind of sleep medication.

Yea. I wake up every 30-90 minutes, usually after every sleep cycle, but roll over and quickly fall back asleep. Takes me 30-60 minutes to fall asleep when I am going to bed and I always wake up 10-20 minutes before my alarm. Probably do not even need to set it, I cannot remember the last time I slept to my alarm. Was probably after drinking, which is the only thing that throws off my sleeping habits haha

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 10:48 AM, atomicinumatt said:

Yea. I wake up every 30-90 minutes, usually after every sleep cycle, but roll over and quickly fall back asleep. Takes me 30-60 minutes to fall asleep when I am going to bed ...

This is how I have slept most of my life.  

On 7/14/2023 at 10:48 AM, atomicinumatt said:

... and I always wake up 10-20 minutes before my alarm.

With or without an alarm, if I need to be up by a certain time, my body would wake me up before/around that time.  I hate alarms, though, because any day where I wake up by being startled is not going to be a good day.

• Like 1