UnevenEdge

An [as] in Memoriam….

1pooh4u

2 hours ago, eklipse said:

RyanfomtheShire (the musician).  Hope I got his handle right. RIP, friend. 

I think he also had at least one more, maybe "Ryanplaysfolk" or something similar.  He was also one of the ASMB Jukies on LastFM, and his ID is still valid there.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’ll start with Luuv who saw the importance of these little friendships and connections and made this site with that in mind. 

Actually, I've gotten banned quite a few times from ASMB. No surprise there tbh. Though every time I appealed my ban and Luuv and I had a discussion in dms about it, he was always fair about it everything.This sounds like a silly thing to remember him for, but I never spoke much with any of the mods outside of appealing bans that i know of so here we are.

Anyways, I remember those discussions well enough to appreciate that. Such a shame of his passing, everyone speaks so highly of him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

There was also someone on the old boards that said they were being deployed to Iraq and never posted again.  I never knew if that was someone roleplaying with an alt or serious.

Tetseiga-something. Not the guy that is still around and posting with the similar name obviously but I always would get the two names confused.

Tets went, he came back, he was damaged and thought that all he was good for was killing people. The last thing I had heard was that he had started to get cleaned up and was finally looking forward to things but then he suicided instead. :( He used to show up on TinyChat. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 6

Harry Goz not a board member but one of the funniest people on one of my most favorite [as] shows of all time

Sealab 2021

All Hail Squish Face!

IMG_2397.gif

I didn't have a very good grasp of people from [as] shows who also visited the boards, so whether C. Martin Croker was a poster or not, he deserves a mention.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

Oh, and he probably would’ve been a way better community manager than me.

Agree. I know I took this in a different direction than he planned and made decisions that directly counter what he would have wanted, but I still feel like I'm a temporary caretaker tbh.

• Like 5

Man...

It's crazy to me, that after all these years, just randomly finding a link on another message board led me back here, only to find out that Luuv isn't here anymore. Luuv was good people, I got to work with him as a HELPeR on the old message board and he was always one of the easiest mods to get along with.

Sucks how time works with you sometimes, but more often works against you.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Sieg67 said:

Joshua Kramer.

I think his username was Jero but I'm not sure.  It's been a long time.  He had a BBQ place for a while called The Burnt Fork.

JiroRoboto?!? Crap! I had forgotten that he passed away. ;_;

On 5/27/2023 at 4:49 PM, SwimOdin said:

Goldar. I still see his account pretty much every time I log into a battle.net account. I miss him.

i didn't know he passed. dammit. i remember he used to make everyone laugh non stop on tiny chat

On 6/4/2023 at 1:59 PM, Sieg67 said:

Joshua Kramer.

I think his username was Jero but I'm not sure.  It's been a long time.  He had a BBQ place for a while called The Burnt Fork.

i was friends with him on Facebook for a while after I left the boards. he always seemed really cool. i didn't know he passed (i stopped using FB). damn 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 3:59 PM, Sieg67 said:

Joshua Kramer.

i didn't know if we could use his real name. 

we had SO many talks about his place, and i got SO many tips. 

we even started working on plans for him to travel this way, and help with some things. then suddenly. just gone. 

frogs were his thing. so every frog at my pond is named joshua...or some variation. 

just like our saddy. too fucking sudden. 

man...fuck you cancer. fuck you. 

Edited by discolé monade
words are hard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 12

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

I can’t believe Saddy dies yesterday. She was getting ready to fight the big fight wtf went wrong 😭😭😭😭😭

that's why i thought she was headed north? a better facility? with people to help with her treatment. 

this is just so damn....man. 

my friend. i literally JUST saw her sitting in her picture window 2.5 weeks ago, and i said to my self, "i need to get down there and see miss lucy. let me at least write her a note."she likes getting mail.  i can see her place from here. i walk there, and yet, i didn't. 

saddy and i were talking about a song i was obsessed with. talked about the abulm, iggy, josh homme. that was the last convo i had with her. on facebook. only 2 weeks ago. 

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

that's why i thought she was headed north? a better facility? with people to help with her treatment. 

this is just so damn....man. 

my friend. i literally JUST saw her sitting in her picture window 2.5 weeks ago, and i said to my self, "i need to get down there and see miss lucy. let me at least write her a note."she likes getting mail.  i can see her place from here. i walk there, and yet, i didn't. 

saddy and i were talking about a song i was obsessed with. talked about the abulm, iggy, josh homme. that was the last convo i had with her. on facebook. only 2 weeks ago. 

I was messing around with her on Facebook last week. I knew she was having a hard time but I thought she was getting some good news along with the bad. Like it was a hard road but doable given her age. I can’t believe it. She knew. She was asking people to visit her just a few days ago 😭

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I was messing around with her on Facebook last week. I knew she was having a hard time but I thought she was getting some good news along with the bad. Like it was a hard road but doable given her age. I can’t believe it. She knew. She was asking people to visit her just a few days ago 😭

I think I saw that on Facebook, too. If I had been able to make the trip, I certainly would have. She was -- and still is even now -- one of my favorite people from the [as]MB.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

i don't facebook anymore. other than herb house. and only for free pr/advertising. 

had i known, i would have absolutely made every attempt to arrange a road trip. fuck yes, i would have. 

Edited by discolé monade
words are hard
  • Like 2

I can’t believe Saddy died yesterday. She was getting ready to fight the big fight wtf went wrong 😭😭😭😭😭

Same.  It's so heartbreaking.  I was hoping the treatments were going well.  I know basically everyone deserves better than cancer but she especially did.  Such a wonderful lady.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, MrD1718 said:

Same.  It's so heartbreaking.  I was hoping the treatments were going well.  I know basically everyone deserves better than cancer but she especially did.  Such a wonderful lady.

She was a fierce warrior always banned from Facebook because she regularly told Nazi’s to eat shit.  She recently rescued a sweet pup. She will be missed. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...