UnevenEdge

Reg. Date Measuring Contest

Raptorpat

2/27/2004 maybe around midnight.  I don't remember the exact date but It was definitely Feb 20 something

in 2004.  I didn't start posting a lot until 2008 so I kept track of my unofficial date July 2, 2008 a lot more

and considered that more of a anniversary than my official one.

7 minutes ago, eklipse said:

DEEEEEEUUUUUUSSSS!

I hope you win biggest e-peen.

ok that sounds wrong 🤣

I'm not worried about that. I'm just having flashbacks to 20 years ago when I was unemployed and watching cartoons. Then I decided to talk to other people about said cartoons. Which led to lots of new friends.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GunStarHero said:

Think that soy fella has got us all beat anyways. 

Not DolphinBoy?  I think I signed on and 5 seconds later I got contacted by him/her/it, I figured he was like "Tom" on MySpace.

17 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

I just posted it!

Jack is @GuyBeardmane, if that tag doesn't summon him I'll find another way to grab his attention.

WHO HATH AWAKENED MY FROM MY SLUMBER

17 hours ago, eklipse said:

Haha!  Is there an acronym for it?  Now I’m wondering what it is…

And hey where’s Jack?  I thought he posted here 

Ohai klipsey!

• Haha 2

On 5/27/2023 at 12:16 AM, Raptorpat said:

here's a link to IB https://web.archive.org/web/20070822225054/http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/board?board.id=2

you kinda gotta just find a capture around when you were posting i guess

@Naraku4656 might have a better way of doing it because he's a wayback connoisseur 

Okay, so I was able to use wayback and get into the action folder, and I found my account in one of the post pages, but it says my account profile is not archived :(

thumbnail_IMG_0230.thumb.png.45d2860196e97379e46eb5e8780bc090.png

My main account was atomicmaticmatt and atomicinumatt was a rare alt account that I used very intermittently. 

This is probably the best I can do if my profile was not archived and wayback does not go back past 2007. But I was surprised I was even able to find my username at all haha I was a bit drunk last night and was failing miserably lmao but hey look, I see Poke, MoonGoddess and Heero too! 

Edited by atomicinumatt

6 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Okay, so I was able to use wayback and get into the action folder, and I found my account in one of the post pages, but it says my account profile is not archived :(

My main account was atomicmaticmatt and atomicinumatt was a rare alt account that I used very intermittently. 

This is probably the best I can do if my profile was not archived and wayback does not go back past 2007. But I was surprised I was even able to find my username at all haha I was a bit drunk last night and was failing miserably lmao but hey look, I see Poke, MoodGoddess and Heero too! 

I recommend looking at any bigger threads, especially pinned ones with lots of pages. Better chance of finding a post you made which would show your reg date. That is assuming you posted in those threads to begin with. 

I've found a couple users from here spelunking the archive here and there. 

Luuv.png

Naraku.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GunStarHero said:

I recommend looking at any bigger threads, especially pinned ones with lots of pages. Better chance of finding a post you made which would show your reg date. That is assuming you posted in those threads to begin with. 

I've found a couple users from here spelunking the archive here and there. 

You are a genius, why did I not think of that!

Turns out with that account I did not join until summer 05', and look at that tiny post count lmao I have teeny e-peeny!!

thumbnail_IMG_0231.thumb.png.f12ff0c09c1a560246101d10c95d2918.png

Edited by atomicinumatt

6 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

You are a genius, why did I not think of that!

Turns out with that account I did not join until summer 05', and look at that tiny post count lmao I have teeny e-peeny!!

thumbnail_IMG_0231.thumb.png.f12ff0c09c1a560246101d10c95d2918.png

You want to see a small post count? Let me expose myself on my main. 

front1 copy.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

Hey man, if the e-peen is too long it hurts my cervix 

More about my post count versus minutes alone lol I may have been the biggest lurker on the boards, but who knows, maybe some other lurker existed in the shadows, never posting at all, maybe never even making an account. For now I claim the crown of shame. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GunStarHero said:

More about my post count versus minutes alone lol I may have been the biggest lurker on the boards, but who knows, maybe some other lurker existed in the shadows, never posting at all, maybe never even making an account. For now I claim the crown of shame. 

I always enjoyed the seldom posters and lurkers. It would always be a little surprise when they would actually post something.

Shit, I am really missing the liveliness of the boards back in the day. But hey, at least we still got this placeee

Edited by atomicinumatt

2 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I always enjoyed the seldom posters and lurkers. It would always be a little surprise when they would actually post something.

Shit, I am really missing the liveliness of the boards back in the day. But hey, at least we still got this placeee

I mean I had alts I posted on more frequently, but I lurked so much cause I was on instant messengers (YIM/AIM) and games (Halo and WoW) so I was talking on there too. Spent most of my time helping with little behind the scenes projects and stuff with a couple of the admins and mods. 

Man I remember when some folders were so busy you could make a post, then go back to the listing and your thread would almost be on page 2 just moments later. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GunStarHero said:

I mean I had alts I posted on more frequently, but I lurked so much cause I was on instant messengers (YIM/AIM) and games (Halo and WoW) so I was talking on there too. Spent most of my time helping with little behind the scenes projects and stuff with a couple of the admins and mods. 

Man I remember when some folders were so busy you could make a post, then go back to the listing and your thread would almost be on page 2 just moments later. 

Makes sense haha 

I was in high school and college back then and would basically spend all my nights watching anime and posting on the boards and on AIM until 6am. I had massive insomnia as kid! 

Just now, atomicinumatt said:

Makes sense haha 

I was in high school and college back then and would basically spend all my nights watching anime and posting on the boards and on AIM until 6am. I had massive insomnia as kid! 

I was in my last month of junior high when I joined but spent all my high school and college years on the boards, as well. I was terminally online back then lol Miss those wild west days of the internet. Gimme back StumbleUpon god dammit! 

3 minutes ago, GunStarHero said:

I was in my last month of junior high when I joined but spent all my high school and college years on the boards, as well. I was terminally online back then lol Miss those wild west days of the internet. Gimme back StumbleUpon god dammit! 

StumbleUpon! Fuck, that brings back memories of me and my friends just sitting in a bedroom stumbling around to random sites for hours on end. 

But I really do miss that stage of the internet when it was still exploding and not yet starting to plateau. Now it seems like everything has converged and become streamlined. Still awesome but the allure has faded a lot IMO. Forum style sites like the boards certainly seem dead now. Maybe it was just because I was younger then and I am becoming an old man now hahahah     

21 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

StumbleUpon! Fuck, that brings back memories of me and my friends just sitting in a bedroom stumbling around to random sites for hours on end. 

But I really do miss that stage of the internet when it was still exploding and not yet starting to plateau. Now it seems like everything has converged and become streamlined. Still awesome but the allure has faded a lot IMO. Forum style sites like the boards certainly seem dead now. Maybe it was just because I was younger then and I am becoming an old man now hahahah     

It was the days before all the big corporations got ahold of things. I probably only regularly visited a handful of websites back in the day, like I do now, but I was also going through so many other sites, especially little one offs people had created on stuff like Geocities, Angelfire, Free Webs, etc. Really felt like an explorer navigating the web back then. Now it's all just shoved in your face on whatever sites you decide are your feed.