UnevenEdge

Putin: "Stick to the timeline!"

tsar4

From today. Always listen to what Bill Burns says. He's the guy that Biden dispatches somewhere (to Putin, Zelensky, Xi) whenever the U.S. wants to get serious. Burns is arguably why Zelensky is still alive today and wasn't killed by the Russians in the early days of the war, as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

I regret to inform you the guy running Dmitry Medvedev's social media is making pop culture references.Screenshot_20230721-185045.thumb.png.801f41473d0a239dcfb91a903bab848b.png

Yes, he truly is a "St. Jimmy."

(I know which song he's referencing, shut up.)

Edited by Seight
  • Haha 2

Here's a theory from an expert saying Putin will not do anything to escalate the Ukraine war for the next few months because March 2024 is an election in Russia ( an "election" ) and Putin wants to be seen an the nice guy to Russians leading up to it. 

12 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

Here's a theory from an expert saying Putin will not do anything to escalate the Ukraine war for the next few months because March 2024 is an election in Russia ( an "election" ) and Putin wants to be seen an the nice guy to Russians leading up to it. 

Translation - he doesn't want to have to throw a bunch of people in jail for failing to vote for him on their own, he wants to wait to throw them into the military after they've very wisely voted for him 'on their own' . 

• Like 1

Well, that was disturbing. I just opened a NY Times article about the war and I first noticed the picture they put above the headline. I thought it was a picture of a soldier's uniform on the ground, but apparently it was the body of a Russian soldier squashed flat, Judge Doom-style, by a tank, I guess. 

Russian commander has troops dress in Ukrainian Uniforms to sabotage stuff, but forgets to tell anybody else.  Other Russians attack & kill them with artillery.

The real Ukrainian Army then put cluster bombs all over the Russian artillery.

The Russian commander ran away & they're still looking for him.

image.png.8dd45ff0d465b5c2de221b6c0c6db46f.png

• Haha 3

I know what hes talking about though. There were helicopters that entered into Polish airspace.

Out of every possible NATO country to mess around with, you go with Poland? They have been itching for a chance to steamroll the Soviet Russians and their puppets ever since their occupation ended. They have a massive tank force and a top tier military. They wouldn't even need to involve NATO to completely crush Belarus and Wagner.

This would be the fastest and most extreme example of FAFO ever if Belarus doesnt stop their shit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, discolé monade said:

you keep linking back to the thread. 

you had another post that did that. 

Something to do with linking from my phone - I've only done that twice.  Weird.

Apparently my phone is adding a code to the front of the actual link - fixed it.

Edited by tsar4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Screenshot_20230820-111329.thumb.png.46c2dfdb9e8e51f6ac6e8047b8abebec.png

There'a a few things wrong with this framing. The Ukrainian counteroffensive against entrenched Russian defenses in Zaporizhzhia and Donetsk oblast was always misguided. It was obvious since last year that these parts of occupied Ukraine were going to be the most difficult battles. 

U.S. intelligence officials said so publicly. Unfortunately, this advice was ignored by U.S. policymakers, from Biden on down to members of Congress, who continued to hype Ukraine's miraculous ability to overcome odds. It was also ignored by the Ukrainians themselves, who believed they could recreate their successes in winning battles of Kharkiv and Kherson last year. (There was also crazy optimistic predictions from some Ukrainian officials, who implied things like they would liberate Crimea this year.) 

So, the news article above errs by portraying this a novel surprise. The U.S. officials who are "increasingly" critical and gloomy are certainly those who ignored the obvious from at least last year. 

Edited by Icarus27k

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” Gen George S Patton

And that is what exactly will win this war.  There are already people in the rural areas considering how they'll avoid being conscripted.  I think one of the articles said they'll consider taking up to 70 yr olds, but I'm not certain.  Drain those currently on the battlefield, replenishing them is going to be harder and possibly might lead to rioting/attempts on Putin and his henchmen.

• Thanks 1

Key paragraph:

":“Do not travel to Belarus due to Belarusian authorities’ continued facilitation of Russia’s unprovoked attack on Ukraine, the buildup of Russian military forces in Belarus, the arbitrary enforcement of local laws, the potential of civil unrest, the risk of detention, and the Embassy’s limited ability to assist U.S. citizens residing in or traveling to Belarus,” the State Department wrote in its warning."

Two things, first, how hasnt this already happened? second, sure seems like the US is thinking Belarus is about to fuck around. Question is going to be who delivers the "find out".

Tinfoil hat time.

The US knew that Russia was going to do this, which is why we issued the "GTFO Belarus" notice a few days ago. Knowing that Belarus is currently crawling with Wagner forces we wanted people to get out for when this happens because there is no way to know how Wagner forces are going to react.  They may turn around and start heading for Russia, cause chaos in Belarus, or just sit around unsure of what to do.

Theres also all those Wagner troops in Russia and Africa. Wonder what they are going to do now.

Edited by Master-Debater131