UnevenEdge

Putin: "Stick to the timeline!"

tsar4

US officials saw signs Prigozhin was planning challenge to Russian military but surprised by rapid escalation

Washington

CNN

— 

US intelligence officials believe that Yevgeny Prigozhin, chief of the private Wagner military group, had been planning a major challenge to Russia’s military leadership for quite some time, but it was unclear what the ultimate aim would be, three people familiar with the matter told CNN.

Intelligence officials briefed congressional leaders known as the Gang of Eight earlier this week concerning Wagner group movements and equipment buildups near Russia, two of the people said.

US and Western intelligence officials saw signs that Prigozhin was making preparations for such a move, including by massing weapons and ammunition, one Western intelligence official and another person familiar with the intelligence said.

A source familiar with the intelligence said “it all happened very quickly,” and it was difficult to discern how serious Prigozhin was about threatening the Russian military and where he would take his troops.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/24/politics/us-western-officials-russia-prigozhin-putin/index.html

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

US officials saw signs Prigozhin was planning challenge to Russian military but surprised by rapid escalation

Washington

CNN

— 

US intelligence officials believe that Yevgeny Prigozhin, chief of the private Wagner military group, had been planning a major challenge to Russia’s military leadership for quite some time, but it was unclear what the ultimate aim would be, three people familiar with the matter told CNN.

Intelligence officials briefed congressional leaders known as the Gang of Eight earlier this week concerning Wagner group movements and equipment buildups near Russia, two of the people said.

US and Western intelligence officials saw signs that Prigozhin was making preparations for such a move, including by massing weapons and ammunition, one Western intelligence official and another person familiar with the intelligence said.

A source familiar with the intelligence said “it all happened very quickly,” and it was difficult to discern how serious Prigozhin was about threatening the Russian military and where he would take his troops.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/24/politics/us-western-officials-russia-prigozhin-putin/index.html

I wonder if this is going to impact any capability differences in the war effort in Ukraine or the escalation of the conflict into a fight between Russia and NATO because basically because this is going to be seen as an escalation by putting if he's successfully stayed in power

34 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

Washington

CNN

— 

Did we ultimately know more about this than Russia?

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, ghostrek said:

this is extremely dangerous for the Free World the Russian Federation is one of the most nuclear-armed Nations on the planet them having a rebellion Civil War or having  coup happen is dangerous what happened to some dangerous individual takes control and decided to use saidthem nuclear weapons

drake-confused.gif

So, like, Russia is going to, like, nuke Russia and start a global war between Russia and..... Russia...?

Edited by naraku360
  • Haha 2

Just now, naraku360 said:

drake-confused.gif

So, like, Russia is going to, like, nuke Russia and start a global war between Russia and..... Russia...?

Do you know what I mean everyone's presuming this is a CIA plot and pointing the finger at Langley Virginia which is the headquarters of the CIA and doing regime change is par for the course for any intelligence organization so you tell me? @naraku360

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

All these fuckers / their kids are getting assassinated.

Only if it truly wasn't a setup by Putin himself.  Prigozhin never mentioned Putin, only a few at the MoD.  This puts heat on the MoD and slips Prigozhin into Belarus potentially to lead a northern front in Ukraine.  This "revolt" seems too tidy.

• Like 2

Screenshot_20230628-165851.thumb.png.9989e8981f4f2f2926053e70570172a1.png

This map includes changes right up to today, including the first month or so of the Ukrainian counteroffensive.

Bad news: the Ukrainian counteroffensive has been disappointing, and I don't think it's going to change much. Their goal of "evicting Russia from all of their territory" isn't going to happen soon. 

Good news: Russia is in chaos, and not just from the Wagner mutiny of the last week. It's clear to everyone except for the most dedicated Russophiles that Russia is the loser since Feb. 2022. Russia will not be able to mount any kind of significant military action, in Ukraine or anywhere else any time soon.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

Bad news: the Ukrainian counteroffensive has been disappointing, and I don't think it's going to change much.

Based on the reporting etc., they're still mostly in the "shaping" phase (probing, destroying depots and bridges, etc.) and haven't committed their main reserves to a real push yet.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

Based on the reporting etc., they're still mostly in the "shaping" phase (probing, destroying depots and bridges, etc.) and haven't committed their main reserves to a real push yet.

or maybe they have suffered heavy losses in both personnel and equipment and they werent even able to penetrate defensive lines. tho its still possible and likely ukraine does go through with their offensive eventually. 

On 6/28/2023 at 6:02 PM, Raptorpat said:

My honest opinion about the Ukrainian counteroffensive:

Ukrainians don't have air support, are incapable of combined arms manuevers and are attacking well fortified defenses while not even close to the traditional 3-to-1 manpower advantage attackers need. It's time to see the writing on the wall, war hawks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

My honest opinion about the Ukrainian counteroffensive:

Ukrainians don't have air support, are incapable of combined arms manuevers and are attacking well fortified defenses while not even close to the traditional 3-to-1 manpower advantage attackers need. It's time to see the writing on the wall, war hawks.

finally someone starting to make sense.

5 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i been very willing to discuss with anyone matters of this topic with clear and honest intentions.

Just like jingo used to want to have discussions with people but of course he found that not a single person had any "honest" intentions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

how am i even trolling? 

i been very willing to discuss with anyone matters of this topic with clear and honest intentions. 

unlike some other people who are here just to troll. 

Because dude, at this point it seems you've abandoned the entire imperialist west shit for a pretty staunch fuck Ukraine stance....which I honestly didn't think was your goal.

But here you are, cheering at even the slightest Russian positive vs Ukraine...

Like this isn't about America....you just really are a Putin fanboy.

You can't be against the war and lauding Russia at the same time.

Well, I guess you can....but I can't say anyone could have an honest discussion with that as the narrative 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Because dude, at this point it seems you've abandoned the entire imperialist west shit for a pretty staunch fuck Ukraine stance....which I honestly didn't think was your goal.

But here you are, cheering at even the slightest Russian positive vs Ukraine...

Like this isn't about America....you just really are a Putin fanboy.

You can't be against the war and lauding Russia at the same time.

Well, I guess you can....but I can't say anyone could have an honest discussion with that as the narrative 

-i never been on a "fuck ukraine" stance. i always felt bad that they were egged on  by the west to provoke russia into this situation. even with the acknowledgement that there are indeed nazis in ukraine, i would have preferred no war instead. i believe even the worst kind of peace is preferable to a needlessly bloody war. so no, not a fuck you to ukraine and im still anti imperialist. 

-the only times i ever "cheered" was when they won at bakhmut, which was a decisive victory whatever anyone here might say. and that was more of a cheer against the msm narrative that russia is losing the battle. most my energy is directed towards the msm narratives. and also against western imperialist agendas. 

-i do think putin is a good leader. but i dont consider myself a fanboy, since there are things i dont like. i can agree with people who might not align with my views, and disagree with those that do align with me. 

-im just giving credit to where credit is due, russia so far has been doing a great job. hell, i even give credit to the ukranian soldiers for putting up a hell of a fight despite the  setbacks and the stacked odds they are facing. but the leadership in ukraine is about as corrupt as they come, and washington is king of corruptness so they will fight to the last ukrainian. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1