UnevenEdge

Putin: "Stick to the timeline!"

tsar4

Not quoting all of that, but it begs the question. Would you rather live under Putin's rule than Biden's?

He's such a good leader and we are imperialist scum....I'm not asking you to go to Russia, but if Putin could run for president....could he count on your vote

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Not quoting all of that, but it begs the question. Would you rather live under Putin's rule than Biden's?

He's such a good leader and we are imperialist scum....I'm not asked Ng you to go to Russia, but if Putin could run for president....could he count on your vote

come on man, over biden? easy. 

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

-the only times i ever "cheered" was when they won at bakhmut, which was a decisive victory whatever anyone here might say. and that was more of a cheer against the msm narrative that russia is losing the battle.

whaaat

It took Russia/Wagner like nine months of like 7-1 casualties to take the city because it was an internal/politically important victory once they were pot-committed. Ukraine's military objective was to delay them for as long as possible while exacting as many casualties as possible. And as soon as they finished capturing the city and Wagner pulled out, Ukraine started pushing right back into Bakhmut with fresh forces while Russia is overextended and they has to pull from elsewhere to lock it in.

https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1675314595983163392

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Yeah, you're trolling.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that we aren't being given the straight dope at all times, but people who defy this dude aren't dying on accident.

Distorted fascinates me because I think he legitimately believes what he says and just doesn’t have the ability to reason it.  In some ways it’s frustrating because his takes, as absurd as they are, reflect a sentiment shared by millions of people and it would be nice if he could explain them properly.  If we can see that Putin’s pets getting repeatedly run over by cars, so can all those people that vote for him (even if it’s not nearly the number he claims) which means a distorted world view on that scale isn’t merely psychosis.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Yeah, you're trolling.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that we aren't being given the straight dope at all times, but people who defy this dude aren't dying on accident.

i dont agree with any of this opposition is dying narratives. 

from what i seen most of that seems fabricated to me. or something im taking with big grains of salt. 

anyways, i already made my position on biden clear before, so i dont see how this is a surprise to anyone. 

20 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

whaaat

It took Russia/Wagner like nine months of like 7-1 casualties to take the city because it was an internal/politically important victory once they were pot-committed. Ukraine's military objective was to delay them for as long as possible while exacting as many casualties as possible. And as soon as they finished capturing the city and Wagner pulled out, Ukraine started pushing right back into Bakhmut with fresh forces while Russia is overextended and they has to pull from elsewhere to lock it in.

https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1675314595983163392

cant see none of those links. never seen of this study of war organization. i would be interested in where are they from, who funds them. how are they tallying up the body count, and all that stuff before i consider them a reliable source. 

the bakhmut battle from what i seen had much higher casualty side on the ukrainian side from the estimates i was reading. i will have to look up those sources but they do include the russian mod. 

20 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

By what metrics?

-first russian president to dig them out of the deep hole they were in after the collapse of the soviet union. im not sure if people do realize how bad it got for russia in the 90s to about the time putin took over. 

-great relations with nations all over the world, including in the middle east, africa, aisa, and latin america. he's tried making friends in europe but they got roped into going along with the war and now its cost them their economy. this has really helped the russian economy to where it is expected to grow at a higher rate than that of a few eu nations. 

-already beat the usa in syria. 

-is winning this conflict.

-great job in not escalating conflicts to nuclear war. syria had potential to get nuclear when russia stepped in. ukraine has even greater potential, but it feels most of the escalation is coming from the west. 

What about domestically? Or does that not matter?

ISW is a hawkish American non-profit, but the credibility of their reporting in this instance is based on their citing all of the available sources from both sides of the conflict when they compile their daily reports/maps.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Distorted fascinates me because I think he legitimately believes what he says and just doesn’t have the ability to reason it.  In some ways it’s frustrating because his takes, as absurd as they are, reflect a sentiment shared by millions of people and it would be nice if he could explain them properly.  If we can see that Putin’s pets getting repeatedly run over by cars, so can all those people that vote for him (even if it’s not nearly the number he claims) which means a distorted world view on that scale isn’t merely psychosis.

when have i ever trolled? not my style. 

this is a topic that i have kept my eyes on and followed closely since 2014. 

i feel all the mixup is more in the narratives. 

3 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

What about domestically? Or does that not matter?

ISW is a hawkish American non-profit, but the credibility of their reporting in this instance is based on their citing all of the available sources from both sides of the conflict when they compile their daily reports/maps.

i did say he turned helped turn the country around from how terrible russia was in the 90s. that gained him a ton of popularity from within. also gained him enemies too. 

american non profit? im gonna have some skepticism first before i look them up some more. but already gotta question how partial and effective they are being, especially when the russian ministry of defense has cited much lower numbers than of that ratio. both russia and ukraine also tally up each others casualty rates. other figures i seen i see much higher ukranian casualties than on the russian side. 

24 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

when have i ever trolled? not my style. 

this is a topic that i have kept my eyes on and followed closely since 2014. 

i feel all the mixup is more in the narratives. 

I know you’re not trolling.  You’re just not smart enough to have a rational opinion, which is so much sadder than you being a troll.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i did say he turned helped turn the country around from how terrible russia was in the 90s. that gained him a ton of popularity from within. also gained him enemies too. 

What about his domestic record on civil rights, or human rights, or political rights, or press rights, or on public/private corruption?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

What about his domestic record on civil rights, or human rights, or political rights, or press rights, or on public/private corruption?

thats why i said for the most part i agree. i dont think he's great on some of those. its not like any of our modern leaders have done as much as he's done for his people. have to go back to roosevelt to find a leader that greatly helped their people. 

23 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

I wasn't quoting ISW for that ratio, I was sharing them for the state of the battlefield.

for the battlefield im mainly looking at the analysis done from people also looking heavily into different sources from both sides as well. the offensive has pretty much stopped after ukraine took heavy losses in both casualties and equipment. 

On 7/1/2023 at 12:56 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

how am i even trolling? 

i been very willing to discuss with anyone matters of this topic with clear and honest intentions. 

unlike some other people who are here just to troll. 

You have like 2 responses, and are little more than America bad and fart huffing some of the worst totalitarian governments in human history.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2023 at 11:59 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

-i never been on a "fuck ukraine" stance. i always felt bad that they were egged on  by the west to provoke russia into this situation. even with the acknowledgement that there are indeed nazis in ukraine, i would have preferred no war instead. i believe even the worst kind of peace is preferable to a needlessly bloody war. so no, not a fuck you to ukraine and im still anti imperialist. 

-the only times i ever "cheered" was when they won at bakhmut, which was a decisive victory whatever anyone here might say. and that was more of a cheer against the msm narrative that russia is losing the battle. most my energy is directed towards the msm narratives. and also against western imperialist agendas. 

-i do think putin is a good leader. but i dont consider myself a fanboy, since there are things i dont like. i can agree with people who might not align with my views, and disagree with those that do align with me. 

-im just giving credit to where credit is due, russia so far has been doing a great job. hell, i even give credit to the ukranian soldiers for putting up a hell of a fight despite the  setbacks and the stacked odds they are facing. but the leadership in ukraine is about as corrupt as they come, and washington is king of corruptness so they will fight to the last ukrainian. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

for the battlefield im mainly looking at the analysis done from people also looking heavily into different sources from both sides as well. the offensive has pretty much stopped after ukraine took heavy losses in both casualties and equipment. 

But that's not even true relying solely on Russian sources.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raptorpat said:

But that's not even true relying solely on Russian sources.

i mean there still fighting along the grayzone, but the offensive as it was meant to be has been put on pause. they definitely arent sending big battalions down defensive positions. the ukranian heavy losses, that isnt being disputed anymore, multiple western sources even admitting to this.

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

disagree, my opinion is rational when not viewed through a western biased lens. 

Not true.  You can’t explain how it’s rational to invade another country without proving that country is an existential threat to your own territory.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i dont agree with any of this opposition is dying narratives. 

from what i seen most of that seems fabricated to me. or something im taking with big grains of salt. 

anyways, i already made my position on biden clear before, so i dont see how this is a surprise to anyone. 

I didn't say it was a surprise, I was just verifying my assertion. 

You have an American hate boner that has been exacerbated by Biden, and you'll blindly cape for anything alternative to that....much like another guy I know who had no solution to back up his arguments other than his rising blood pressure and salt content based on him not getting his way politically at home 

And I'm not referring to his political opposition...he was literally on TV last week telling Wagner to stand down or he'd kill them mercilessly....you can't dance around his actual words if you like, but he, you and I all know what he means 

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 3

On 7/2/2023 at 2:59 AM, Distortedreasoning said:

-i never been on a "fuck ukraine" stance. i always felt bad that they were egged on  by the west to provoke russia into this situation. even with the acknowledgement that there are indeed nazis in ukraine, i would have preferred no war instead. i believe even the worst kind of peace is preferable to a needlessly bloody war. so no, not a fuck you to ukraine and im still anti imperialist. 

-the only times i ever "cheered" was when they won at bakhmut, which was a decisive victory whatever anyone here might say. and that was more of a cheer against the msm narrative that russia is losing the battle. most my energy is directed towards the msm narratives. and also against western imperialist agendas. 

-i do think putin is a good leader. but i dont consider myself a fanboy, since there are things i dont like. i can agree with people who might not align with my views, and disagree with those that do align with me. 

-im just giving credit to where credit is due, russia so far has been doing a great job. hell, i even give credit to the ukranian soldiers for putting up a hell of a fight despite the  setbacks and the stacked odds they are facing. but the leadership in ukraine is about as corrupt as they come, and washington is king of corruptness so they will fight to the last ukrainian. 

Yikes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i mean there still fighting along the grayzone, but the offensive as it was meant to be has been put on pause. they definitely arent sending big battalions down defensive positions. the ukranian heavy losses, that isnt being disputed anymore, multiple western sources even admitting to this.

On top of the shaping and probing, they're advancing into the first trenchlines in the south and retaking parts of the Bakhmut area while forcing Russia to choose where to prioritize defense.

They obviously haven't committed their main forces yet but to say the prep is failing just because the big map isn't changing colors yet is a bit presumptuous.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

thats why i said for the most part i agree. i dont think he's great on some of those. its not like any of our modern leaders have done as much as he's done for his people. have to go back to roosevelt to find a leader that greatly helped their people. 

could you be a little more specific?

it just kind of seems like he's checked off your "opposes post-WWII western hegemony" box and nothing else matters

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

On top of the shaping and probing, they're advancing into the first trenchlines in the south and retaking parts of the Bakhmut area while forcing Russia to choose where to prioritize defense.

They obviously haven't committed their main forces yet but to say the prep is failing just because the big map isn't changing colors yet is a bit presumptuous.

A few days ago, Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, said the Ukrainian counteroffensive is making slow progress every day. Meaning "500 meters, 1,000 meters, 2,000 meters a day". 

He also said that he expects it to go on "six, eight, ten weeks". Assuming it began in the second week of June, that would mean it's already half over on Millet's shortest timeframe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

-first russian president to dig them out of the deep hole they were in after the collapse of the soviet union. im not sure if people do realize how bad it got for russia in the 90s to about the time putin took over. 

-great relations with nations all over the world, including in the middle east, africa, aisa, and latin america. he's tried making friends in europe but they got roped into going along with the war and now its cost them their economy. this has really helped the russian economy to where it is expected to grow at a higher rate than that of a few eu nations. 

-already beat the usa in syria. 

-is winning this conflict.

-great job in not escalating conflicts to nuclear war. syria had potential to get nuclear when russia stepped in. ukraine has even greater potential, but it feels most of the escalation is coming from the west. 

Imagine being this delusional.

19 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I didn't say it was a surprise, I was just verifying my assertion. 

You have an American hate boner that has been exacerbated by Biden, and you'll blindly cape for anything alternative to that....much like another guy I know who had no solution to back up his arguments other than his rising blood pressure and salt content based on him not getting his way politically at home 

And I'm not referring to his political opposition...he was literally on TV last week telling Wagner to stand down or he'd kill them mercilessly....you can't dance around his actual words if you like, but he, you and I all know what he means 

call it whatever you want, biden is much worse than putin on all levels. 

biden has caused much more destruction at home and abroad. im kinda surprise to even see you defend him. but the anti russia propaganda is strong in this country. almost to the 1950s level it feels like. 

wagner is not a political opposition. they are mercenaries trying to overthrow the government. dont make them sound like they had any political base. putin was well within reason to threaten them. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

probing and shaping is done with much smaller numbers. the amount lost in both people and equipment suggest this was more than just probing. they are taking only territory outside of the russian defense lines. 

2 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Take a good look at this table. They even provide multiple indices so you exclude any that you feel are evil Western bias.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_freedom_indices#Annual_assessments

He thinks Wikipedia is a bad source because they removed contributors who were putting pro-China sentiment into their articles.... written for a site that is supposed to be neutral.

Meaning he thinks "neutral" is interchangeable with favoring his belief.

At least he picked a remarkably honest screenname.

• Like 3

Dude, I didn't defend Biden and it kinda where this whole shtick falls apart, every counter argument from you envelopes this faux notion that we are caping for Biden the same way you are Putin.

I just asked if you'd prefer to live under Putin's rule, you said yes and I said bullshit....

But I guess I'm done with this in good faith...you can deal with stilgar now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

call it whatever you want, biden is much worse than putin on all levels. 

biden has caused much more destruction at home and abroad. im kinda surprise to even see you defend him. but the anti russia propaganda is strong in this country. almost to the 1950s level it feels like. 

Jerry Seinfeld Nope GIF - Jerry Seinfeld Nope Leave - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

youre the one eating up all the anti russian hysteria.

So are you afraid of falling out a window or what?

It's not hysteria.  We're just aware of the shit Putin does and what type of person he is. 
It's literally that simple. 

You're just a product of right wing propaganda which often favors Russia.
That explains both your defense of Putin and your parroted claims on Biden.

Edited by Sieg67
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

Liberal democracies don't need anti-Russian propaganda. Putin's own actions and words have been enough. Russia only managed to gain the support of six countries, almost all authoritarian regimes ... plus Donald Trump, when it came to a vote on the Ukraine situation at the UN. More than 140 voted against Russia. Russia dug it's own PR grave.

I'm actually very curious as to what all this destruction Biden caused abroad. Can you give some examples of what country Biden has directed an invasion of during his presidency?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

again, western bias. very simple, you cant put yourself in russias situation. its not complicated at all. 

You spend more time extolling how uncomplicated it is than actually explaining it in a way that isn’t riddled with logical fallacies.  Explain how Putin can invade another country without being an imperialist.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

You spend more time extolling how uncomplicated it is than actually explaining it in a way that isn’t riddled with logical fallacies.  Explain how Putin can invade another country without being an imperialist.

I guess his logic is "they used to be part of the same state that doesn't exist anymore" and "a huge part of the country speaks Russian" I guess the same logic would make an invasion of Canada by the US OK in his book because we both used to belong to England and and a huge swath of it speaks English.

• Thanks 2

so much coping lol.

western media propaganda is so strong. no different opinions, only the ones that matches the state. thats why i said you cant discuss anything here. funny how putin or anyone the west doesnt agree with= crazy dictator. super convenient way of dismissing anything.  russia is winning. if the usa doesnt blow up the world when they take another L, i will still be here. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ZoomBubba said:

Liberal democracies don't need anti-Russian propaganda. Putin's own actions and words have been enough. Russia only managed to gain the support of six countries, almost all authoritarian regimes ... plus Donald Trump, when it came to a vote on the Ukraine situation at the UN. More than 140 voted against Russia. Russia dug it's own PR grave.

I'm actually very curious as to what all this destruction Biden caused abroad. Can you give some examples of what country Biden has directed an invasion of during his presidency?

he was vp during syria and libya. did nothing to get us out of afghanistan after he got elected vp. he supported all wars we were involved in during his long ass career as a politician. supported and still supports the brutal israeli government. as president, i blame him for his leading ukraine into war with russia and pushing us closer to the brink of nuclear war. trying to start a war with china as well. also sanctions, which do kill people in the thousands every year. the list could go on, being the US president means supporting some brutal regimes around the world and to destabilize governments.