UnevenEdge

2022 Midterms: Oh god, not again

Master-Debater131

25 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

"If there was no election tampering then why do all these Republicans keep pleading guilty to election tampering? Checkmate, libs."

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-colorado-state-08f7bb8f0efcf78782262b77893790d1

*sees photo*

Oh yeah well just wait until she speaks to the judge's manager.

• Haha 4

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I woke up early to go vote. I can't stand the soul crushing lines. Gotta be first. In and out.

Place opens at 7am, so I got there at 6:30am, just to be safe. First person there. I'm set. I'm going to be in and out, baybeee....

7:05am, aaand nothing. Wtf is going on? Lady pulls up,

"Are they not open yet?"

"No."

"Did you check the entrance on the other side?"

"Other side?"

FML

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Kamala can now leave the Senate chamber and see sky again, but the Dems now have to worry about the Tester/Brown/Manchin trio of races in 2024 without even getting into the actual swing state races.

There's a realistic possibility of the Democrats holding the White House, flipping the House, but losing the Senate. But any discussion on that is better fit for the 2024 thread.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Seight said:

On tonight's episode of "Oh NO":

Ah yes, the state where only ONE statewide election went blue, because of the worst modern senatorial candidate, and the democrat barely won. Definitely a blue state now.

Also, Sinema is a huge piece of shit.

Edited by SwimOdin
  • Thanks 5

Just found this gem:

“Herschel was like a plane crash into a train wreck that rolled into a dumpster fire. And an orphanage. Then an animal shelter. You kind of had to watch it squinting through one eye between your fingers,” said Dan McLagan, an adviser to Agriculture Commissioner Gary Black, one of Walker’s defeated rivals in the GOP primary.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-merry-christmas-truth-social_n_63a828aae4b0d6724fb71a9b

“Merry Christmas to EVERYONE, including the Radical Left Marxists that are trying to destroy our Country, the Federal Bureau of Investigation that is illegally coercing & paying Social and LameStream Media to push for a mentally disabled Democrat over the Brilliant, Clairvoyant, and USA LOVING Donald J. Trump,” the former president wrote.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Sieg67 said:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-merry-christmas-truth-social_n_63a828aae4b0d6724fb71a9b

“Merry Christmas to EVERYONE, including the Radical Left Marxists that are trying to destroy our Country, the Federal Bureau of Investigation that is illegally coercing & paying Social and LameStream Media to push for a mentally disabled Democrat over the Brilliant, Clairvoyant, and USA LOVING Donald J. Trump,” the former president wrote.

*reads that message again*

ya'll I don't think he actually meant everyone, perhaps

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/6/2022 at 3:48 PM, Master-Debater131 said:

So were a little more than 48 hours out now, so Ill put in my predictions. I dont think anything major can change this between now and Tuesday, and no polling should radically swing the numbers here. First the House, then Ill jump into the other races.

For the House, the GOP have it. They dont need a lot of pickups to take it, and all polling and early voting signs show the GOP should have a good night. With where they sit right now, anything less than a 20 seat pickup would be a disappointment. That should be the floor for the GOP on Tuesday. I figure they will wind up with anywhere from 21-40 additional seats. If they win more than 40 additional races then they had a huge night and its clear we are in "Red Wave" territory that will extend to a whole lot of other races as well. Democrats are spending money playing defense in races where Biden had a 10 point or more victory just 2 years ago. So theres a real chance that if things start to go south for Dems on Tuesday, that they go very south. Any race that is a D+5 or less is probably flipping. The real question is what happens at the D+10 seats.

For the Senate, its a total guessing game. RCP currently has the GOP picking up 4 additional seats to get to a 54-46 advantage. Im not sure I buy that one only because the GOP nominated some truly horrible candidates.

Non-Competative Races: FL, OH, NC, CO. These were all seats that at one point in this election cycle people thought may be competitive. They arent. These races are done and wont flip at all.

Georgia - Ive said all along that Walker will win, and I see no reason to change now. He has the lead in polling down the stretch and the national atmosphere benefits him. Hes also going to get pulled across the finish line by Kemp as he embarrasses Abrams in the Governors race. I dont think he gets to 50% though, so he will have to get his win in a December Runoff.

PA - Prior to his stroke Fetterman was the single strongest Democrat in this entire election cycle. Now? Not so much. Its clear that Oz has closed the ground on him since his stroke. I still think Fetterman wins, but it will be much closer than it otherwise would have been. If there truly is a Red Wave then Oz probably finds a way to win, but it will be super close. Im still sticking with my prediction of Fetterman winning this one.

Arizona - I still have a hard time thinking the GOP win here, but they probably will. Lake is a painfully horrible candidate and full blown wacko, but shes also  aided by running against the worst Democrat in this cycle. Lake wins the Govenors race, and the Senate is a coin flip. This is a tough one only because with Lake carrying the top of the ticket it will be very hard for Kelly to win. It would take an insane amount of vote splitting, and thats just not something we usually see. For the same reason I think GA flips I will say AZ does a well. A very bad candidate aided by the national atmosphere and a more popular figure at the top of the ticket.

Nevada - this ones the easiest flip to call. Democrats have royally flubbed Nevada this cycle and the GOP is going to make them pay. GOP sweep both the Senate and Governors races in Nevada this year. Laxalt has leads outside of the margins of error in recent polls, so it would take a truly remarkable failure in polling for him to lose now.

That puts my prediction at a 51-49 GOP advantage in the Senate. So this could easily wind up being another 50-50 split, or it could flip into much bigger GOP gains depending on how it goes. Democrats best hope is a 51-49 win, but more realistically their goal is 50-50 with how things are.

Theres two wildcards though, NY and NH. If there is a true Red Wave then it will show early in these two states. If the GOP somehow wins either the Senate race in NH, or the Gov race in NY, then they are going to run the table everywhere else. The GOP wont win in NH and then lose in the rest of these tossups. The only way the GOP pull off NH is if the national atmosphere is just so toxic for Democrats that any race that isnt a D+5 is going to flip to the GOP on Tuesday. If either of these happens then that also means the GOP are going to have a huge night in the House.

The TL:DR is that the GOP are going to win on Tuesday, its just really a question of by how much.

So, these predictions didn't turn out too well I see. 

• Haha 2

NC legislator just switched from dem to rep party giving them veto power over their  democrat governor.  Not only did she switch parties but now she’s all for considering a 12 week abortion ban bill.  

we do not live in a democracy folks. Even Republican voters support reproductive rights but that matters not. A loophole will be found to circumvent the will of the people and in this case the people did not vote for this. They elected someone they thought was a democrat. Someone that would protect their rights not someone willing to steamroll their elected governor just cuz they’re a democrat 

• Like 4

In ND, we voted for term limits because it's just getting ridiculously inbred around here. 

The legislators rewrote and passed new bills that effectively made the voted mandate useless. 

We now have a 6 week abortion ban with no exceptions past that point for anyone. It was signed by Gov. Shithead because there's pretty much a supermax of GOP to veto his veto so now he just signs any stupid thing they pass to him [ Senate = R : 42, D : 3; House = R : 80, D : 14. Thanks gerrymandering. :|  ]. There were entire debates in which no Dems were allowed to input anything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

In ND, we voted for term limits because it's just getting ridiculously inbred around here. 

The legislators rewrote and passed new bills that effectively made the voted mandate useless. 

We now have a 6 week abortion ban with no exceptions past that point for anyone. It was signed by Gov. Shithead because there's pretty much a supermax of GOP to veto his veto so now he just signs any stupid thing they pass to him [ Senate = R : 42, D : 3; House = R : 80, D : 14. Thanks gerrymandering. :|  ]. There were entire debates in which no Dems were allowed to input anything. 

Democracy at work 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

So how long are we gonna be weekend at Bernie’s-ing with Sen Feinstein?  She looked really terrible along side Schumer. She’s already absent again

What do you think a second Biden term would look like? The man would leave office at 85. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Neubauten said:

What do you think a second Biden term would look like? The man would leave office at 85. 

It’s gonna look like this probably and no one will be allowed to talk about it. Kinda like with this.  I’m not sure Biden is anywhere close to the decline of Feinstein though. Does she even know where she is anymore?
btw It’s not a given that cuz you’re old you can’t think anymore. I had an aunt that at 90 she was sharp. She volunteered in nursing homes until she was 95 or something.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

It’s gonna look like this probably and no one will be allowed to talk about it. Kinda like with this.  I’m not sure Biden is anywhere close to the decline of Feinstein though. Does she even know where she is anymore?
btw It’s not a given that cuz you’re old you can’t think anymore. I had an aunt that at 90 she was sharp. She volunteered in nursing homes until she was 95 or something.

My great-grandparents lived to triple digits and saw me graduate from college. When they went, they went quick - there was no long drawn out anything. 

The trouble with the whole Biden thing right now is that the same people who push the 'BiDeN hAs DeMeNtIa!' thing are the same ones that insist Drumpf really does have 6-pack abs like their homoerotic truck art shows and is the smartest person in the world of ever because he knows what an elephant looks like. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

My great-grandparents lived to triple digits and saw me graduate from college. When they went, they went quick - there was no long drawn out anything. 

The trouble with the whole Biden thing right now is that the same people who push the 'BiDeN hAs DeMeNtIa!' thing are the same ones that insist Drumpf really does have 6-pack abs like their homoerotic truck art shows and is the smartest person in the world of ever because he knows what an elephant looks like. 

Yeah most people that talk shit about Biden’s mental state can’t be taken seriously cuz they say trump is the pinnacle of health 

• Like 4

On 5/12/2023 at 4:31 PM, 1pooh4u said:

Yeah most people that talk shit about Biden’s mental state can’t be taken seriously cuz they say trump is the pinnacle of health 

"Person.  Woman.  Man.  Camera.  TV."

I mean, the guy is clearly a stable genius.

Edited by Sieg67
  • Thanks 2