UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

7 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Oh ... OH They're going to show them smash ?! 

I do not like these kissing sounds ... I am uncomfortable 

tumblr_m84wxcDTsc1r4e5tx.gif

Whatcha watchin? 😁

I miss the toffee hard candies Werther's used to have in the states. Even my old people candy disappears from shelves. And it sucks because good toffees are hard to find.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

Whatcha watchin? 😁

I miss the toffee hard candies Werther's used to have in the states. Even my old people candy disappears from shelves. And it sucks because good toffees are hard to find.

Strangers by the Shore. I'm literally in the last 15 mins but I can't finish it in case they smash 

All my patients are old so I guess they were like.... close enough

• Haha 1

Now that I'm thinking about it. I vaguely remember a woman pulling a whole handgun out of her vagina in a movie

I think they were in a wagon or the back of a truck or something ... I just know a gun came out of her cooter and I wanna say she gave it to somebody

9 hours ago, Vamped said:

Now that I'm thinking about it. I vaguely remember a woman pulling a whole handgun out of her vagina in a movie

I think they were in a wagon or the back of a truck or something ... I just know a gun came out of her cooter and I wanna say she gave it to somebody

I'm guessing Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, but more like someone ended up with the gun. I'll always remember the great 'gun in the vagina' rant my friends and I went on for like an hour after watching it at the theater.

So is it called 'porkchop in a can' because of the calories, some sort of weird barley is a food reference, or maybe because beer has been joked about as a meal replacement?

25 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

I'm guessing Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, but more like someone ended up with the gun. I'll always remember the great 'gun in the vagina' rant my friends and I went on for like an hour after watching it at the theater.

So is it called 'porkchop in a can' because of the calories, some sort of weird barley is a food reference, or maybe because beer has been joked about as a meal replacement?

Well that's tells you what stood out from that movie to me XD

• Like 1

First I was thinking about wtf is bread in a can. Is it really bread, or some other gross thing. Canned bread sounds 🤢 

then I was thinking about how my future SiL’s husband was really getting on my nerves last night, and if he tells me one more time that “I need Jesus in my life” I’m gonna make sure I put him in a place where he’s gonna need Jesus fr.  I’ve already made shit awkward in the past cuz he told my parents they need Jesus too. My mom’s been pretty sick, and makin it sound like she’s being punished was a “nuh uh” from me.  I was nice. Kindly told him to stop insulting my parents please. They have their own religion. I then hit him with a low blow. He’s a raging alcoholic and I made sure to let him know Jesus has been useless for him and his life  

then I was thinking about the chocolate filled marshmallows  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I wish more filmmakers remade shitty ass movies like Castle Freak instead of messing with actual good films. Like please stay in your shitty forgotten lane so I rarely ever hear about your work and when I do, it's just an eyeroll instead of annoyance at yet another movie fucked up by Hollywood's laziness.

9 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

The literary crowd sounds like double the mess of the Romance and Gay Romance groups, and I want fuck all to ever do with them. I've got one literary book in me that I will punt out in a few years and then run the fuck away.

Sounds like you read the kidney woman article too lol. Extremely funny and compelling. 

I lost it when it was revealed that she had *literally said* that she couldn't stop herself from quoting the letter verbatim in her story because it was just too good. 

Edited by Nabreezy

1 minute ago, Nabreezy said:

Sounds like you read the kidney woman article too lol. Extremely funny and compelling. 

I lost it when it was revealed that she had *literally said* that she couldn't stop herself from quoting the letter verbatim in her story because it was just too good. 

I haven't out of determination to deal with less drama in general. If I see nothing to gain and little entertainment value(for me), I force myself to scroll down instead of clicking whatever links are out there. I have seen a few hightlights in tweets and it just confirms my decision to keep to my small social network. 

Holy shit, y'all are still around? And it looks like y'all hired professional cover artists too? Wouldn't touch ya with a ten-foot pole because of the questionable contracts, but whoa nostalgia. *Looks up another publisher I dodged. Rolls eyes.* You're supposed to promo your own authors, not random popular ones. *Looks up third one* So y'all hired an actual cover artist too huh? Well, for some of your books. So your books from release last month drop straight to 1 million in ranks, and for some reason hiring some weird ass twitter marketing account to promo for you ain't doing shit to help with that.

*Sigh* It's nice to know that I'll be self-publishing forever.

I was thinking about if I should be a moron and apply for something I saw on Facebook. 
I’m not gonna but I would if I thought this was legit. The agency claims to be a company that works with writers in a wide variety of genres. They provide the outline and what they want the story to be about and all I would do is write it.  Of course it’s exploitative they only pay 5k and a 10% royalties. I don’t think I’d get any actual credit, and the royalties had some other caveat so it’s possible to not get that. Idk just thought it could be an interesting thing to do. 
It’s more likely that they just mostly steal people’s writing samples as a foundation for another writer to make something out of it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

I was thinking about if I should be a moron and apply for something I saw on Facebook. 
I’m not gonna but I would if I thought this was legit. The agency claims to be a company that works with writers in a wide variety of genres. They provide the outline and what they want the story to be about and all I would do is write it.  Of course it’s exploitative they only pay 5k and a 10% royalties. I don’t think I’d get any actual credit, and the royalties had some other caveat so it’s possible to not get that. Idk just thought it could be an interesting thing to do. 
It’s more likely that they just mostly steal people’s writing samples as a foundation for another writer to make something out of it.  

If I saw one of those ads, I would be insulted.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

If I saw one of those ads, I would be insulted.

I get a lot of writing contest crap, first time ever seeing this. Idk y I get this crap. I never entered a contest, or googled anything about writing contests. 

Why would you be insulted by it? 

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I get a lot of writing contest crap, first time ever seeing this. Idk y I get this crap. I never entered a contest, or googled anything about writing contests. 

Why would you be insulted by it? 

Partially because I got both of my degrees in creative writing.  But, also, the fact that it's so bald faced about the fact it's a scheme to coerce use of your creative talents to make money is particularly grating. Plots are almost always secondary to the mechanics of writing, like character development, prose proficiency, and narrative management (as in knowing where and when to build to the climax and how to effective resolve it with the denouement).  You're doing 99% of the work, and they're earning 90% of the profits.  Not that real publishers a much fairer when it comes to profit sharing based on their contribution, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Partially because I got both of my degrees in creative writing.  But, also, the fact that it's so bald faced about the fact it's a scheme to coerce use of your creative talents to make money is particularly grating. Plots are almost always secondary to the mechanics of writing, like character development, prose proficiency, and narrative management (as in knowing where and when to build to the climax and how to effective resolve it with the denouement).  You're doing 99% of the work, and they're earning 90% of the profits.  Not that real publishers a much fairer when it comes to profit sharing based on their contribution, though.

It’s probably not any more fair when you sell a screenplay.  You make the least amount of money and until you become famous, you’ll have zero control once it’s sold. Writers are the lowest rung of the movie ladder. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

It’s probably not any more fair when you sell a screenplay.  You make the least amount of money and until you become famous, you’ll have zero control once it’s sold. Writers are the lowest rung of the movie ladder. 

It's true.  They also have the biggest egos, which makes it all the worse.

Anyway now I’m thinking about them chocolate filled marshmallows. Untoasted the inside tastes like a tootsie roll, which I don’t like. From my youngling days I always hated tootsie roll chocolate and thought it was the supreme lies of chocolate. That being said, I sparked a couple of bowls and decided to toast/burn one on the stove.  Fuckin culinary masterpiece. 
I also got my McMuffin ring molds to make Japanese soufflé pancakes.  Gonna fuck shit up this weekend 

• Like 2

Why is it that like 70% of y'all understand the assignment of posting funny videos while the rest post deeply humiliating or disturbing videos of violence to kill the vibe? I know it's probably funny to them(that 30%), but I need these folks to develop self-awareness of how fucked up they are and perhaps spare the rest of us their 'humor'.

• Like 2