UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

I'm so glad i get to enjoy so many different kinds of music. i heard a while ago that the brain usually loses the plasticity required to enjoy new types of music by early 20s, but i still constantly need new music and it hasn't stopped being fun to find new stuff. i get to enjoy hyperpop, for example, and i just found an artist that mixes hyperpop and ska, eichlers. i love it. i know 100 gecs have at least one ska song too and a few others with clear ska influence. 

also, on the topic of feeling lucky, it'll have been a year since i moved at the end of this month and i can confidently say it's one of the best choices I've ever made. it's gone by so fast, it's hard to believe it's been a whole year, but at the same time I've changed a lot over the year. i was just thinking about how much less angry I feel these days. it's nice

Edited by Lynnrael

1 minute ago, The_annoying_one said:

I saw an article today, calling Cody Rhodes the modern-day Hulk Hogan.

I think --no, I know-- that I died a little inside upon reading this.

I always thought that John Cena was the modern day Hulk Hogan. And I missing something here?

1 hour ago, Vela said:

I'm thinking about how much bug spray I'm gunna need to put on to go out and pick them raspberries before the birds get 'em.  I'm just unmotivated in this heat.

I just took one of my dogs out a few minutes ago and got devoured by mosquitoes, because I forgot to use my bug spray….again. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I just took one of my dogs out a few minutes ago and got devoured by mosquitoes, because I forgot to use my bug spray….again. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

I went out to inspect the raspberries and I swear there were like five of them waiting by my door alone.  And this was after I went around the entire house the other day making sure there weren't any stagnant water spawn sites for them to bread.  

• Like 1

Just when I think it can't get any worse...I was in a car accident today. (It wasn't my fault; Texas law gives me the right-of-way if I'm turning right onto a street, which I was, and the other vehicle is turning left across a lane of traffic onto the same street, which he was.)

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Just when I think it can't get any worse...I was in a car accident today. (It wasn't my fault; Texas law gives me the right-of-way if I'm turning right onto a street, which I was,and the other vehicle is turning left across a lane of traffic onto the same street, which he was.)

Fuck man, I hope you’re alright. It’s always a death trap with these drivers.

10 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Just when I think it can't get any worse...I was in a car accident today. (It wasn't my fault; Texas law gives me the right-of-way if I'm turning right onto a street, which I was,and the other vehicle is turning left across a lane of traffic onto the same street, which he was.)

Holy crap, man. Are you okay?

10 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

Fuck man, I hope you’re alright. It’s always a death trap with these drivers.

8 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Holy crap, man. Are you okay?

I'm fine. Car's able to be driven, still. I just hate how elderly drivers can be sometimes. I was trying to turn slow from the lane of traffic I was in on to the road I live on. The other guy turned left, coming across the lane of traffic I was in on to the same street. I went to hit the brake but my foot slipped and we collided. Still, he shouldn't have been turning when I was turning.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I'm fine. Car's able to be driven, still. I just hate how elderly drivers can be sometimes. I was trying to turn slow from the lane of traffic I was in on to the road I live on. The other guy turned left, coming across the lane of traffic I was in on to the same street. I went to hit the brake but my foot slipped and we collided. Still, he shouldn't have been turning when I was turning.

yeah that guy definitely fucked up. glad you're ok, hopefully you don't have too much trouble with insurance or anything

2 minutes ago, Lynnrael said:

yeah that guy definitely fucked up. glad you're ok, hopefully you don't have too much trouble with insurance or anything

Thanks, my friend. The adjuster's supposed to be coming out in the next few days to take a look at the damage. (We didn't get the police involved because we were both turning into a residential area.)

Edited by Gemini

another beautiful sunset. how can i not feel lucky? 

i love that i get to live with my best friend, too. he's just a really great guy and i feel lucky that he's in my life. it's not like I'm crushing on him or anything. that'd be silly... dammit...

• Like 1

I really love sleeping on the floor. I haven't bothered getting a new mattress since I moved into my new apartment. I might not bother getting one unless I get into a relationship again. My back has felt so much better lately, so I might just stay single forever. Oh well.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Insipid said:

I really love sleeping on the floor. I haven't bothered getting a new mattress since I moved into my new apartment. I might not bother getting one unless I get into a relationship again. My back has felt so much better lately, so I might just stay single forever. Oh well.

Or just start in the bed and shift to the floor if you find yourself in one.

38 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Got a new laptop today, but I can’t use it because it’s refusing to accept my WiFi network. Absolutely nothing can ever be easy. 🤦‍♂️

Have you gotten your sister to help you with it? Also, you should try resetting the WiFi router.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Have you gotten your sister to help you with it? Also, you should try resetting the WiFi router.

Upon further internet digging, the number I need to type in is located on the router. I have no idea where the router is, and I don’t want to bother my sister or her husband while they’re busy preparing for vacation on Sunday. May just have to wait until next week, which is fine. I wasn’t planning to take it with me, and I’m honestly just glad I finally got one.

Apologies for the book here. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Upon further internet digging, the number I need to type in is located on the router. I have no idea where the router is, and I don’t want to bother my sister or her husband while they’re busy preparing for vacation on Sunday. May just have to wait until next week, which is fine. I wasn’t planning to take it with me, and I’m honestly just glad I finally got one.

Apologies for the book here. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Fair. Also, enjoy your trip, man. Have fun!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

I just ate some ghost pepper noodles.

My entire life is on fire now. :LithiumSmileySad:

I just had my second cup of coffee.  

My life is kinda jittery right now. 😂

Also, I’m happy our aquarium snail, Zoomy, is alive.  Somehow Zoomy zoomed out of the tank and started to dry out. Luckily, we found the little 🐌 punk in time.  

• Like 2