UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey on Monday said there is an "urgent need" for Congress to enact a national standard for name, image and likeness and he was emphatic in his belief that "only Congress can adequately resolve these issues."

*SCARE CHORDS*

so yeah, tomorrow's that day. shouldn't make me so sad after 16 years, but it's harder this year. ordered my first bra earlier today, and that's something a girl should do with her mom. but mine isn't here. it hurts that she can't know who I've become. 

taking tomorrow off. I'm pretty sure i did that last year, too. might just schedule it off next year and give myself the day. seeing a movie by myself because that seemed to help last year.

I'm seeing the new spiderverse movie. haven't seen it yet so I'm pretty excited. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lynnrael said:

so yeah, tomorrow's that day. shouldn't make me so sad after 16 years, but it's harder this year. ordered my first bra earlier today, and that's something a girl should do with her mom. but mine isn't here. it hurts that she can't know who I've become. 

taking tomorrow off. I'm pretty sure i did that last year, too. might just schedule it off next year and give myself the day. seeing a movie by myself because that seemed to help last year.

I'm seeing the new spiderverse movie. haven't seen it yet so I'm pretty excited. 

*warm internet hugs*

I heard it's good ^_^, I haven't seen it either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

I've been waiting to see it with the kids, but they work now and we never have the same days off....It was something else we were 'sposed to watch, but I can't remember

hope you get the chance to see it, lived up to the hype for me for sure. I'm still kinda blown away by it

39 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

I'm thinking, "I hope I can follow my plans for the day..." They're so simple but I've been depressed so it's like climbing Everest just to get started with basic tasks.

Ah, yes. Someone else with crippling anxiety. (Or it at least sounds like you have crippling anxiety, anyway.)

1 hour ago, Seight said:

I regret to inform the thread that Jack Perry is no longer using Tarzan Boy as his entrance music.

I like his new theme though. It feels so Beethoven. (Because it is Beethoven.)

Vela: He's a professional wrestler currently signed to AEW; also, his dad is the late Luke Perry.

Luke-Perry-Son-Jack-Perry-Never-Seen-902

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lynnrael said:

i like both cats and dogs but i understand others might have reasons for not liking one or the other. it's weird to get offended when others don't like things i like, never made sense to me

Same here.  There's a huge difference between not liking animals and abusing them, which seems to be the typical conflation.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Same here.  There's a huge difference between not liking animals and abusing them, which seems to be the typical conflation.

i guess that's why it's weird to me. my aunt hates cats, she was genuinely afraid of them when i was growing up, but i would never suspect her of harming them or take it as a reflection of who she is as a person. but yeah, i think that is the conflation and why people are so weird about it, especially with dogs. there's a ridiculous assumption that people who don't like dogs are bad people and it's pretty messed up imo

• Like 1

labels are funny, cause they can be restrictive or they can be really useful to explain things and its hard to tell which is which when figuring out how to describe myself.

I know I'm a bit fluid, and my gender fluctuates. I'm a woman, but also androgynous at times. i like she/her most of the time but a they/them thrown in is nice too. if i want to explain it i can say I'm a trans nonbinary woman or a trans gender queer woman. or a transfeminine nonbinary genderqueer person. or.... see it gets complicated...

i guess it's useful to use labels as descriptors instead of rules. it's just difficult when you want others to understand who you actually are and what you experience. but then, that's gonna be difficult for a lot more reasons than the ways I'm queer, i guess. I'm also neurodivergent as fuck. 

i think i need to find more people like me

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The_annoying_one said:

I…guess I drank a bit too much on Thursday night. It’s now Saturday afternoon and I still feel…..ugh…..

Getting older sucks…..

I thought you said you don't drink? Am I confusing you for someone else?

it's so weird how hormones affect how we feel temperatures and stuff. cold feels a lot more visceral but hot weather is actually comfortable for me. like, my friend keeps the house pretty cold so when i walked outside and it was hot it felt really nice. even after getting into my car. hell, I'm about to go into the gym and I'm sitting in my car doing my usual gym prep stuff with the windows up and the air off and I'm still enjoying it. 

not looking forward to winter though. I'm gonna be a big baby and have to bundle up all winter long