UnevenEdge

I will literally suck any dick

jackiemarie90

25 minutes ago, jackiemarie90 said:

or clitoris of the person who can freaking teach me Calculus by Wednesday. Everyone has their price, mine is the price of knowledge.  Must be able to teach me in person cause I I can't understand notes online, I have plenty of the professors to look at. 

ha ha, jk, unless...

sorry bae i only know basic math
but u know....if u wanna...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jackiemarie90 said:

Oh my gawd, same. XD Then my dumb ass was like, "what if I tried to compete in the 7th best math department in the country?" Honestly I keep thinking being a History teacher would just be darn great.

I was just lazy in school. Of course I never knew that not knowing calculus would screw me out of my dick being sucked.

A hilariously backwards scenario.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, InsaneFox said:

I was just lazy in school. Of course I never knew that not knowing calculus would screw me out of my dick being sucked.

A hilariously backwards scenario.

I was too, then I retried harder in community college, and I got in on the promise that I would be a history major. And I still am, but this minor business is just not coolbeans.

looks like the nerds were right afterall. lulz

Just now, jackiemarie90 said:

I was too, then I retried harder in community college, and I got in on the promise that I would be a history major. And I still am, but this minor business is just not coolbeans.

looks like the nerds were right afterall. lulz

Eh. It’s alright, the nerds deserve it more than I do anyway.

I can’t solve your calculus problem, but you probably have all of the pieces of the puzzle in your own mind. You’re smart. There’s probably just one little puzzle piece that isn’t quite fitting right.

At least that’s my experience when I’m stuck trying to figure something out.

This may not work for you, but try resetting your mind off of the subject. Distract yourself entirely with something else, a game, a book, a show, whatever. Let your brain cooldown and once you feel relaxed, look at the information again and try to solve the puzzle.

Oh, and that’s one of three serious answers I’m allowed to give this year. Everything else is only allowed to be sarcastic or horribly inappropriate humor and self loathing.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, jackiemarie90 said:

I mean, you aren't that far off, it's the slope of the tangent line to find the derivative. 

Calculus is literally all about slope in one way or another

Y=MX+B

Almost every equation can be brought back to that

I'll be honest i dont remember about derivatives, but if I looked it up I'm sure it would all come back to me

• Thanks 1

It looks like you take the limit on both functions as the problem approaches the number in question. I feel like hell, but lemme grab my calc book. I think I can steer you in the right direction.

Edit: yeah, that's literally all you do. So if you have a square root function that splits at -1, it's clearly discontinuous by observation. Plug in -.9 or whatever and it's proven.

Edited by GreatBallsOfJizz

1 hour ago, jackiemarie90 said:

I mean, you aren't that far off, it's the slope of the tangent line to find the derivative. 

The derivative is the slope of the tangent line, it's usually easier to get to than the equation of the tangent line. And the other thing I said was about the piecewise function thing. Send your blowjob iou to Boo.

Sorry about just kinda spouting shit, feeling shitty like I said.

Edited by GreatBallsOfJizz
  • Haha 1

GBOJ sounds like he has the terminology down at least. That's one of the major things that I lack hearing it again.. That One Guy wasn't really wrong it's just I've had a good math teacher that taught all of these classes at one point and I sat through some of his classes and lectures that were way past my high school level just so he could help my dumb ass with simple high school algebra.. There definitely was a learning curve that fucked me up then idk. 

I remember my precalc teacher teaching us a complicated formula to find derivatives and then he was like "ok now that you've learned it, you'll never have to do it against because there's a shortcut to just change the numbers"

I don't remember anything from actual calculus. It was our teacher's first time on the job and, even though it was the AP class, the students just tortured her all year.

1 hour ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

I remember my precalc teacher teaching us a complicated formula to find derivatives and then he was like "ok now that you've learned it, you'll never have to do it against because there's a shortcut to just change the numbers"

[f(x+delta x) - f(x)]/delta x

I think I'm remembering that right. It gets complex because of f(x), whatever that may be. The delta x, representing a small rate of change, cancels out and leaves you with the formula for the derivative. I think we worked out the formula for every major rule to prove it true. 

I can't believe how much of this crap I remember. Earlier people were saying it's about slope, and that's not entirely true. Rate of change is what my teacher harped on. Like the derivative of the distance formula gives you the velocity formula, giving you the rate traveled at any point in time, and the second derivative gives you the acceleration formula, the rate at which the speed is changing at any time. One of my favorite things in calc was building the graph of a complex formula from scratch.

I was hoping that would jog some long-dormant memory, but I think it's all gone. I passed the AP exam and got college credit and by the time I got my high school diploma I never had to think about advanced math again.

It's a shame, because I kind of liked some of the puzzle aspects to math. "Here's a huge complicated equation, now manipulate it in all these different manners to solve the riddle."

32 minutes ago, renjifan said:

think the highest math class I took was Trig. and to this day it still surprises me that I passed.

When I said I liked parts of math, I was definitely excepting trig. That stuff was just voodoo magic.

I saw an animated graph on Reddit last year that made trig click for me about 15 years too late, and a lot of folks in that reddit thread were saying that part of the problem with trig is that teachers weren't taught to understand it either, so the ones that didnt couldn't deviate beyond the textbook rules to help students make it click, hence appearance of being voodoo magic.

That's how I had a lot of fun with math. As a lazy child I would approach problems by trying to find the easiest and fastest way to do it. As a lazy adult that habit paid off in higher math. It also hampered me tremendously in even higher math.

I think that's why I can't forget this shit. When I look at formulas it's like reading a sentence to me.