UnevenEdge

I keep getting told that my walls are too bare and to "hang art on it"

Naraku4656

3 minutes ago, garbagepailcat said:

Rad. Might need a frame to really add the “I’m a real adult” flair. 

I’m still in the process of hanging all my stuff up around the house. I’m too afraid of commitment and putting holes in my walls. 

then i'd have to put holes in my wall, and i'm far too lazy to do repairs on it when i'd need to take it back down

13 minutes ago, garbagepailcat said:

Rad. Might need a frame to really add the “I’m a real adult” flair. 

I’m still in the process of hanging all my stuff up around the house. I’m too afraid of commitment and putting holes in my walls. 

Have you tried Command strips? I plan on getting some later to try them out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

then i'd have to put holes in my wall, and i'm far too lazy to do repairs on it when i'd need to take it back down

Dude, not really. 

I've got all sorts of framed things on the walls [ mostly Venture Brothers art ] and I have them all hanging from thumbtacks. You just make sure to get a light-weight frame. 

And hole repair for that is literally a small piece of poster putty pushed into the wall to make the hole disappear and a dot of nail polish to smooth it all down. If you are renting, they have to repaint the walls for the next tenant anyway so the polish means it all looks new after.

Just now, katt_goddess said:

Dude, not really. 

I've got all sorts of framed things on the walls [ mostly Venture Brothers art ] and I have them all hanging from thumbtacks. You just make sure to get a light-weight frame. 

And hole repair for that is literally a small piece of poster putty pushed into the wall to make the hole disappear and a dot of nail polish to smooth it all down. If you are renting, they have to repaint the walls for the next tenant anyway so the polish means it all looks new after.

lol hole repair.

nah it's my house and i can do what i want but idk it's already on the wall

3 hours ago, Naraku4656 said:

i suppose that's true :D

It also does a good job of protecting your posters, so you can keep them looking nice for a long time. And these are the Command strips: https://www.command.com/3M/en_US/command/

Adhesives can take the paint off, but there's a hairdryer trick that seems to remove it from walls cleanly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1