UnevenEdge

favorite pizza place

[clarkzero]

19 minutes ago, [clarkzero] said:

What's your favorite pizza place?

Why am I asking? Because I'm bored asf, give me a break.

Depends where I am & what type I want.

Chicago: thin crust - Dagostino's, deep dish - Bacino's

At home - Nancy's (rustic crust)

Central IL - Monical's

1 minute ago, bnmjy said:

I just usually get pizza from local bars. Always bettwler than chain pizzerias.

Pretty much the same for me. There's this joint near me called "Rolling Smoke BBQ" too that recently started selling pizzas. They make it in front of you and bake it in a brick oven they made themselves.

2 hours ago, Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung said:

Windy City Pizza in Atascocita. (They just opened back up.) It's Chicago-style Deep Dish, that's made from scratch. The owner's a great guy to talk to as well. My only complaint is it takes a long time for him to churn out each pizza order, but it's well worth it.

Hope they don't switch to a "faster" way of making the pizzas.  There was a place in Bradley, IL that had great pizza & was always packed.  They changed from a real oven to this thing they put the za in one end & it came out the other cooked (conveyor belt thing).  To do that they had to change the way the crust was made & to a different cheese mix so it would cook within the time it was in the contraption.  It sucked & they ended up selling the business.

Edited by tsar4

2 hours ago, tsar4 said:

Hope they don't switch to a "faster" way of making the pizzas.  There was a place in Bradley, IL that had great pizza & was always packed.  They changed from a real oven to this thing they put the za in one end & it came out the other cooked (conveyor belt thing).  To do that they had to change the way the crust was made & to a different cheese mix so it would cook within the time it was in the contraption.  It sucked & they ended up selling the business.

I think it'll remain the same process as before when they were at their original location. (They just moved into an old Dominos location.) The owner is originally from Chicago so it definitely won't change any time soon.