UnevenEdge

What do you want outta this place?

16 minutes ago, Adminderaptorpat said:

maybe we should have an auction/bid war between banning cracky for 200 weeks and banning misaka for 200 weeks

Who's side are you on anyway? Aren't you supposed to be a professional administrator on here? Jeeze I wonder how luuv must feel now knowing this

1 minute ago, Misaka said:

Who's side are you on anyway? Aren't you supposed to be a professional administrator on here? Jeeze I wonder how luuv must feel now knowing this

Good God, he's obviously not serious.

Calm down, grab a bottle of lube, and start up Girls Battle X.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like the downvotes for DF idea.

In general, this place is 100x better than the ASMB ever was.  It's simple, well moderated, well organized.  The one thing you could consider is perhaps include more board based games to perhaps draw attention to your fundraising efforts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KN said:

Yes, there is! https://blog.discordapp.com/add-the-discord-widget-to-your-site-d45ffcd718c6

I don't know where we'd put it though.

That's definitely a thing we should play around with. I was imagining it like an optional sidebar or something, basically something that's easy to use but also easy to hide.

But I don't actually know what the options would be or how much screen space it would need to be functional or what the interface would be like at all. I suppose one of the discord admins would have to lend a hand too.

38 minutes ago, Adminderaptorpat said:

That's definitely a thing we should play around with. I was imagining it like an optional sidebar or something, basically something that's easy to use but also easy to hide.

But I don't actually know what the options would be or how much screen space it would need to be functional or what the interface would be like at all. I suppose one of the discord admins would have to lend a hand too.

@Sandstone and @Cau would be more up on this than I would be but I can try to help if it becomes a thing.

its the price of these 2009 old Dell "tanks".........  indestructible used Dells from colleges and schools upgraded to windows 10 or 7 giving me a tech boner.

under $125 and you have an immortal Dell laptop from my college days, core 2 duo, so fast after start-up, shit is bangin

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Laptop-Latitude-E-Series-Core-2-Duo-WIFI-Windows-7-Professional-DVD-4GB/183185013109?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

radical right?

What I'm hearing is fuggs is gone, so, that's already a significant improvement. Probably one of the major contributors to why some of the older folks abandoned ship.

Re: new members, that's just been an issue for the community since [as] stopped promoting the boards. We stagnated ages ago, which led to the insular group that slowly pared itself down. Since then, growth and fresh faces were typically thrown straight to the wolves, survival of the fittest style. We might want new members, but it's not as easy to find others that hate themselves as much as we do, enough to fit in with the shit posting. And, I'd say you've still got one or two members that probably still keep new folks from settling in.

For myself, this place is a pale shadow of what I'd want. I'm not even sure I could really dedicate myself much to a forum again anyway. The old guard isn't coming back, the new stock is lower quality. It's a place I can count on for some random Toonami posting, see some of you dinguses still dingusing. And I don't have to learn how reddit or twitter works. So, it's about all I could really ask for.

On 5/13/2018 at 4:12 AM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

OH I don't remember if its been said already but this is a big one: Fix it so copy/pasting doesn't result in that weird giant white highlighted format.

Ctrl+Shift+V

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KN said:

Ctrl+Shift+V

A precursor to the soda pulping process was the paper making process developed by Matthias Koops in 1801 which involved washing wood shavings in limewater, adding soda crystals and then boiling the mixture.[2] Soda pulping was one of the first chemical pulping methods and was invented in 1851 by Burgess (United States) and Watts (England). In France in 1852 Coupier and Mellier patented a soda process the patent of which preceded that of Watt and Burgess, which was filed in 1854. The first mill was started in 1866 in the USA. In 1865 they patented a method for recovery of the cooking liquors by incineration of the spent liquor. Many of the early soda mills converted to kraft mills once it was discovered.[3]

Sweet.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
  • Like 1