UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

My eldest nephew is now super into Iron Man and that's all the very specific things he wants for christmas deal with. And they aren't all easy to find or are currently only 'available' on sites that I really don't trust. 

I spent so much time hunting for Iron Man things that I'm now having stress dreams about Iron Man - as in I have to join the Avengers, find Iron Man and get him his paperwork so everything can be filed on time. :| 

In my dreams, I have less powers than Hawkeye and am still responsible for all the office work. wtf.  

• Like 3

I shelled out almost $7,000 out of my own pocket today  because my siblings and I are doing everything possible to gain possession of my deceased parents’ house. That’s how much my very financially irresponsible dad owed in back taxes, and the state was getting ready to put it up for auction.

I then learn that the auction could still happen. If someone offers enough money, the house is theirs. Only way we can stop it is to pay another $2,500.

I hate this goddamn world so much sometimes……

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All I want to do is maybe curl up and take a nap in a pile of blankets. But I have an alert that there is a package out for delivery today and there's a ground blizzard with Arctic winds going on right now. I can't make nap noises until at least that delivery shows up because the security doors are locked and they'll need to be buzzed in or no delivery for anyone [ I hold packages for the office too when they can't get in so everything stays safe ]. 

AND my big cup was gross so it's in the dishwasher so I can't make a bowl of coffee with syrups to sip on while screwing around on the internets waiting. 

# first world problems.

• Like 1

What in the actual fuck is going on with YouTube’s desktop?

7BD61511-9A36-4E00-8D2B-B17F9CA8D4C2.jpeg.7c062198fbc302c048c24439927edaa9.jpeg

Everyone’s saying “running slow” & “Adblock” when I don’t even have Adblock and they’re just not letting me watch any fucking video at all.

I’m the one living paycheck to paycheck, rich Google cocksuckers. Corporate chairmen deserve every last bit of whatever AIDS scare they had back in 1986.

• Like 3

I want to punch that dumb old fuck in those Progressive “Homeowners turn into their parents” commercials.  Especially since they air constantly during football.  Shut the fuck up, people can’t afford homes because shitheels like you ruined the real estate market then went “Fuck you, got mine!”  I would break your leg if you did that shit to me.

Oh, where to start with this one?

My siblings and I began the process of cleaning out our parents’ house so that we can eventually sell it, or whatever we ultimately decide to do with it.

We’re coming across a lot of things that we grew up with, but have no use for anymore, other than nostalgia. Most of it is going in the trash for what should be obvious reasons. 
But my mind apparently doesn’t do obvious reasons. My mind sees this as throwing most of my past life away, and I am not okay with that.

I know this probably doesn’t make a bit of damn sense. I’m just tired and venting. I think I’ll try to go to bed early tonight…..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The_annoying_one said:

Oh, where to start with this one?

My siblings and I began the process of cleaning out our parents’ house so that we can eventually sell it, or whatever we ultimately decide to do with it.

We’re coming across a lot of things that we grew up with, but have no use for anymore, other than nostalgia. Most of it is going in the trash for what should be obvious reasons. 
But my mind apparently doesn’t do obvious reasons. My mind sees this as throwing most of my past life away, and I am not okay with that.

I know this probably doesn’t make a bit of damn sense. I’m just tired and venting. I think I’ll try to go to bed early tonight…..

A couple of things to try -

- take a photo of the item in question if it's got a real sentimental attachment going on but has no possible value in being kept, that way you have a physical memory of the thing without the thing and when you feel that yes, you can release it, you can choose to delete the photo. It's like a delayed release without the hoarding. If you don't want to delete the pic, that's fine too.

- thank the item for it's service in your life. Yeah yeah, it's a Marie Kondo thing and I'm not a total fan of hers but the act of thanking it is a psychological thing - it tells your brain that you are fine with releasing that item so your brain stops going off about how you are missing that something for no real reason whatsoever. 

I was told I need to try using a special wedge pillow to sleep on at night to try dealing with nausea so I got one. Now all my dreams consist of me trying to get some sleep or at least take a needed nap but no one will let me sleep because wedge pillows are the mortal enemies of the side sleeper, apparently. :| 

• Like 4

The following is a close enough reenactment of a phone call I received within the past hour.

Me: Hello?

Woman: Yes, hi. This is [something unintelligible] with [something else unintelligible]. I’d like to talk to you about car insurance.

Me: Okay.

Her: Fantastic. Now, how many cars do you own? Is it 1, 2, or 3?

Me: Zero.

Her: Zero?

Me: That’s correct.

Her: Well, are you a homeowner?

Me: What does that have to do with car insurance?

Her: Would you like to hear our rates for when you are able to get a car?

It was at this point that I hung up the phone. Overbearing bitch wasting my time with this bullshit….:LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

• Haha 3

I need to find friends who don't low-key think they're better than me. I don't know how else to interpret someone telling me that they'd have "found a way around" the things I've been struggling with, like I'm just too pathetic to get over trauma.

Where are all of my fellow broken people?

• Like 5

So, you send me the wrong meal, but still charge me for what I was supposed to get, which was ultimately more expensive. Then, when I report the problem, you come back with, “We’re sorry. There’s nothing we can do about this.”

Okay, that’s cool, I guess. UberEats has officially lost a customer tonight. Fuckers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

This ruined my weekend fam so it's only fair I destroy yours too

GE6ftqVWoAAWnBC?format=jpg&name=large

Jesus Christ, spoiler that shit.

This is Haters/Complainers, not CanIMakeYouPukers.

Edited by mthor
  • Haha 2

Just got home from a doctors appointment. Was kind of hoping they’d find something wrong with me just so I’d finally have some answers. But they didn’t. Said everything looks great.

Eh….back to square one, I guess. I know something’s wrong and I’m going to find out what somehow.

I sound like a hypochondriac here, don’t I? :LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

Edited by The_annoying_one
Added some stuff.
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Just got home from a doctors appointment. Was kind of hoping they’d find something wrong with me just so I’d finally have some answers. But they didn’t. Said everything looks great.

Eh….back to square one, I guess. I know something’s wrong and I’m going to find out what somehow.

I sound like a hypochondriac here, don’t I? :LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

Trust me, dude. You are NOT alone in this. I sometimes think that doctors half-ass things when they don't feel like dealing with the actual work that would go into finding out what is going on and fixing it.

• Like 5

I hate when commercials claim some fantasy land type shit.  Bounce “mega” dryer sheets ,or wtf, claim it repels pet fur.  if you use those dryer sheets and get cat or dog fur on your clothes it will brush right off.  Bull fuckin shit. No way. 

welcome to deep adulthood. Where commercials start pissing you off. 

🫠

• Haha 2