UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

I try to book a vacation, and I do last week.  Then the forecast goes “Surprise!  Rainy season.”  Now I have to cancel the trip and see these freaks pick away at what I spent.

Edit - After untangling the mess that was the booking, I switched travel spots from Nassau to Aruba.  It works out.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I had to upgrade to a Blue-Ray player today because the new Venture Bros movie is not being released on DVD [ that I am currently aware of ] and I do not do digital downloading crap. I blow up electronics, I'm not going to store something on something that I could overload in a bad mood. 

And no one has the movie because the few copies the various stores got sold out immediately. :| 

Is it so wrong to want to watch murderous Monarches while lounging in a Shinobu kimono? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

I had to upgrade to a Blue-Ray player today because the new Venture Bros movie is not being released on DVD [ that I am currently aware of ] and I do not do digital downloading crap. I blow up electronics, I'm not going to store something on something that I could overload in a bad mood. 

And no one has the movie because the few copies the various stores got sold out immediately. :| 

Is it so wrong to want to watch murderous Monarches while lounging in a Shinobu kimono? 

If you have a Windows laptop with a disc drive, you should be able to find an app (preferably for free) that will let you play Blu-Ray movies. (I need to find one for my Lenovo so I can watch Blu-Ray movies anyway so I'm not certain if this is actually true or not. Check back with me in a week or two.)

10 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

“Hulu Is Not Compatible With This Device”

What the hell does that even mean, and why the hell would Hulu be offered on the device if it’s “not compatible”?

I don’t understand electronics anymore. :LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

I don’t know either. I’d say call tech support, but I don’t know which one you should call.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

“Hulu Is Not Compatible With This Device”

What the hell does that even mean, and why the hell would Hulu be offered on the device if it’s “not compatible”?

I don’t understand electronics anymore. :LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

....what's the device, because short of a Nokia flip, anything should work with hulu

Just now, André Toulon said:

....what's the device, because short of a Nokia flip, anything should work with hulu

Right after I posted this rant, I realized the problem. I DL’d it on my PS4, which is fine, but my TV’s too outdated. I got a new TV a few months ago, but can’t hook it up myself. And everybody I know has been too busy. Someone should be able to help sometime this month, though. 

40 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Right after I posted this rant, I realized the problem. I DL’d it on my PS4, which is fine, but my TV’s too outdated. I got a new TV a few months ago, but can’t hook it up myself. And everybody I know has been too busy. Someone should be able to help sometime this month, though. 

Ah, that makes sense.

• Like 1

Good news, I have managed to do the detail work on 140 items for project #6 within 24 hours and already have 1/4 of them setting in resin. At this rate, I should be able to bag them for shipping out on time even with the horrible humidity. Project #1's increases are within 72 items of completion which is roughly four sets away. They should also be ready for shipping out in time. 

Bad news, project #5 is a fail. It's undergoing a slight revision to see if that is a possibility but it will not be ready for this year's Con. 

So tired. Too hot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Good news, I have managed to do the detail work on 140 items for project #6 within 24 hours and already have 1/4 of them setting in resin. At this rate, I should be able to bag them for shipping out on time even with the horrible humidity. Project #1's increases are within 72 items of completion which is roughly four sets away. They should also be ready for shipping out in time. 

Bad news, project #5 is a fail. It's undergoing a slight revision to see if that is a possibility but it will not be ready for this year's Con. 

So tired. Too hot.

xD Whenever I see your posts like these I always wanna chip in man-hours :LithiumSmileyLaugh:, I've known so many crafters over the years, the obligatory "help" text at 2 am xD followed by a 711 or Wawa run (I've lived in a few diff states.)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Vela said:

xD Whenever I see your posts like these I always wanna chip in man-hours :LithiumSmileyLaugh:, I've known so many crafters over the years, the obligatory "help" text at 2 am xD followed by a 711 or Wawa run (I've lived in a few diff states.)

Thanks. :D But my crafting stuff is usually just me because if it's new stuff, it doesn't get seen by anyone until the first day of the Con. If it's something that I've been specifically asked to create, definitely no one else sees it until that person sees it. And if it's an item that I own the intellectual property rights to but someone else owns the intellectual property rights that I'm referencing [ like the Slut Dragons ], I can't share the process anyway. So it's just me doing weird things with weird things and painting with a cat whisker. This is why I usually start things in February at the latest. 

It's so hot and humid that when I opened a container of cotton candy [ I needed the container to ship things, the candy was bonus :P ] the cotton candy immediately started to melt. WTF. 

• Like 1

If I were 33rd in points in a series that usually has between 36-40 cars in the race every week AND drove for the owner that gave Bubba Wallace his first ride in that same series I probably wouldn't like a George Floyd meme on social media, but I'm not the race car driving guy so.

watching this Snapcube stream where they're playing baldurs gate 3, and it kinda makes me sad

they communicate and work together, one player isn't always running ahead and going through content without the other, and when mistakes are made one doesn't sound all frustrated and judgy. they aren't even dying to encounters we died to because they stop to discuss things. 

feels like shit. why do i have to defend and justify every single thing i don't magical fucking know or intuit. somehow he expects me to be on top of everything all the time but i have a fucking executive dysfunction disorder. but the people on stream aren't even as good as i was and they're having more fun and better results. 

idk i wish he'd stop asking me to play games with him if he wants someone who is good enough. i have to give more than i have just to get through work and everything else and I'm barely getting by. my life is a mess and he wants me to give energy and effort to a GAME in  way that makes the game no longer fun. i hate this. stop asking me to play things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seight said:

I need to know why Falling In Reverse felt what the world needed was a slower, softer version of "Last Resort".

Hey, I kinda like their version. 😛

I need to know why some complete moron on Facebook felt the need to ask me if I knew that wrestling is “fake and scripted”.

Yes, I know that, and it honestly doesn’t make it any less enjoyable to me. Did you know that the sky is blue??

• Thanks 1

Uuuuugh, one of the dad's from buddy baseball team decided to find me on FB.

I've only ever talked to this dude in response to him talking to me. I don't want buddy to be ashamed of his jerk sauce dad, but I seriously would be just fine with him shutting the fuck up.

The thing that really irks me about this dude is he's one of these guys that think the 1922 villainous mustache is hot shit...I want to put a banana in his tail pipe and drive off as he angrily shakes his fist at me calling me knave or some shit

Edited by André Toulon
  • Haha 4

i told my friend i didn't know why i feel so shitty right now, but that was a lie. how can i tell him that it's because i feel like I'm not good enough for him, and that that's all i want to be? 

he can't understand, the only way to find people who aren't going to be ableist about executive dysfunction in a video game is to find people who don't care about how good anyone else. we can't just find people who aren't ableist because EVERYONE who doesn't have a disability (and many who don't) are going to be ableist until they've done the work to unlearn much of what society has indoctrinated us all to believe. even he still has work to do, but i don't know how to explain that either. 

and then he has to go and be so sweet about wanting me to play. my goddamn heart hurts now.

• Thanks 1

Why are you telling me I need to report my change of address when I clearly reported it nearly a year ago when I changed addresses? I haven’t moved again since then! And why is it nearly impossible to get in touch with the people I need to contact in order to report the change….again. And perhaps the biggest question of all: Why do people consistently suck so much?

• Like 2

Just found out Mom is anemic again, and she's going to see a blood doctor soon and get iron infusions. (This person is also an oncologist.)

If I end up going off on you for any reason, I apologize in advance.

Edited by Gemini
  • Sad 2

We've been working with one of our clients for over a year. They keep changing their mind about what they want so we never get to wrap anything up. One of them is so fucking arrogant that he feels he needs to research things for us, stupid things like CSS. He assumes everyone is dumb and is so offensive in the process. I wish he'd just focus on his own shit, make a decision, and stick with it. Like dude...worry about your own job, the two page emails don't help if you change your mind a week later. And I'm so tired of repeating myself, I've had to answer the same question 3 times in a week.

I know I shouldn't let it get to me but my last job was the same way. It was always older guys coming up to me asking if I needed help with X technology, saying stupid things like, "I know at home my tv works like so and so" and I'd be like "This is a $20,000 entertainment system, I don't think your Toshiba is the same". I even had one guy try to interrupt my tech class, that he joined as a student, to tell me that his iPhone works X way so shouldn't an Android be the same? No, you fucking donut, it doesn't work that way...

Edited by Blackrose321
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My water got cut off this morning because I was accidentally 2 days late paying the bill.

Okay, I made a mistake. The bill has now been paid. But they can’t send someone to turn it back on until at least tomorrow.

You can send them out here to disconnect me, but you can’t send them back to reconnect me? Okay, fuck you. Matter of fact, fuck everything today.

EDIT: I called them back and they told me to go out and turn it back on myself. So I did. Crisis averted….for now.

Edited by The_annoying_one
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Remember when I said that family is extremely important to me? That still holds true, but there are certain family members I cannot stand, and both of them showed up today. And all they’ve done is complain and shit.

I can only stand so much.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

What I wish I could do to my in-laws right now:

(I guess I can finally say it: I'm getting divorced, and I feel great. I'm going to go sign divorce papers later today.)

Edited by Gemini
Don't feel sad or bad for me at all. I've moved on and am happy to be single again.
  • Like 1