UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

I didn't make this post 3 years ago when I joined Dollar shave club because I chalked it up to experience, but these are the worst razors ever.

I quit the club instantly but had leftovers after I said fuck those and went back to buying Gillettes out of the Dollar store. 

Well being lazy I ran out of razors and was forced to break these out.

You would think $40 for 6 razors and 30 refills was a good deal but the razor bases are cheap and the blade refills even cheaper....so far I've broken 8 of them just trying to get them out of the plastic holder they come in. They should just pop out but the mechanism that connects them to the base breaks consistently. 

I even looked online to see if I'm taking them out wrong but nope.

The blades a weak and flimsy....I have to go over the same area like 4 times just to get results...

They don't scar my face, despite this fo that's a plus....point is, I gotta go buy razors 

• Thanks 1

My kitty keeps following me around the apartment making sad faces because the luggage is all packed up and she knows that means I'm going to disappear for a while. 

I just know she's going to poop on the floor tomorrow.

And I can guarantee that she's already planning to poop on the floor next Tuesday as a 'welcome back, loser' gift.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

My kitty keeps following me around the apartment making sad faces because the luggage is all packed up and she knows that means I'm going to disappear for a while. 

I just know she's going to poop on the floor tomorrow.

And I can guarantee that she's already planning to poop on the floor next Tuesday as a 'welcome back, loser' gift.

Don't you board your cat while you're away?

10 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Don't you board your cat while you're away?

She was raised by raccoons so she has 0 concept that other kitties are allowed to exist in her presence. I have a friend stop by once a day while I'm gone to refresh waters and set out fresh mushies [ with the meds in ] for the poop machine and re-seed/water/treats the 'keets. That way she still has the familiarity of her home despite my not being around. She'll be nesting on the smelliest shirt I currently have to help her cope for the weekend.

And yes, I woke up to a poop on the carpet this morning. 

• Like 2

Humanity fucking sucks. That is all.

EDIT: In the heat of the moment, I forgot to add context to this. A few hours ago, some punks ransacked my yard while I was home. I didn’t see it as it happened, but I caught it on my security camera a few minutes later. I’m pretty sure they didn’t steal anything, but still….fuck them.

Edited by The_annoying_one
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

usually, if someone has a disability you don't, it's a good idea not to offer advice. the fact is, if you don't have those experiences and don't understand the actual obstacles someone faces, you don't have any of the necessary info required for offering good, actionable advice.

I can't speak for everyone who has a disability or even everyone with ADHD (it's a spectrum, everyone of us experiences it differently) but when I'm complaining about how difficult it is to live with ADHD, I'm not asking for advice, because very very few people are qualified to give it. I'm asking for support. that's it. you don't need to help, you don't need to fix, you aren't qualified to do either. that's ok, no one asked you to be. just a little understanding would be cool. that's all i need. 

but the whole world thinks they have advice that is relevant to ADHD and it's fucking exhausting. this is why i have a reactive tendency to start immediately rationalizing a way to explain what I experience any time i recognize it as a part of my ADHD, because people always want to offer advice that essentially minimizes everything and then get mad when you reject useless advice. i want them to fucking stop.

but acknowledging the struggles i have as legitimate things to struggle with means accepting that ways they view people are wrong. struggling with these things is almost always seen as a moral failing. I'm lazy, careless, stupid, and selfish for having these struggles. it's so much easier to say i just need to try harder, because actually recognizing the inherent ableism in judging everyone who fails to measure up to their standards means recognizing the flaws in their beliefs, and they're all too weak to actually wrestle with that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

....i get it, and I hate that happened but I did my conversion back in 2015 and even then I felt like I waited way too long to do it.

I still have the VHS tapes, I hoard shit....but I don't ever use them

And this incident of mine could’ve easily been prevented had I not decided “hmm, everything else has gone to shit. Let me use a bit of my Saturday morning for the one thing of mine that I’m usually always careful about.”

I had a fucking gut hunch before this too where I was thinking I should just play a DVD instead. I wouldn’t feel as uncomfortable with leaving the busted up ones locked away for awhile if there were businesses in my area that still cared to repair these types of things. Shit that I didn’t really plan on wanting to lose.

• Like 1

We need a law making it illegal to go to a store, pharmacy, or restaurant right before closing. You had all fucking day to do your shopping, eating, and picking up your meds, KAREN! Why the fuck do you have to be so entitled and inconsiderate as to hold up the workers longer than they need to be there? Fuck these inconsiderate assholes with a bag of dicks!

3 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I can’t decide what’s worse about Cyberpunk 2077: the combat or the driving controls.

I can tell you what's worse: Not being able to play it at all and deleting it, only to realize that I should've kept it because they finally fixed it enough to actually be able to play it. (On the PS4, of course. lol)

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I can tell you what's worse: Not being able to play it at all and deleting it, only to realize that I should've kept it because they finally fixed it enough to actually be able to play it. (On the PS4, of course. lol)

Yeah, it was buggy as hell when I first started playing it. A few updates have made it somewhat playable, though. It’s just not that great of a game. I’m just glad my brother lent it to me and I didn’t actually but it. I may give it back to him unfinished at this point.

8 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Yeah, it was buggy as hell when I first started playing it. A few updates have made it somewhat playable, though. It’s just not that great of a game. I’m just glad my brother lent it to me and I didn’t actually but it. I may give it back to him unfinished at this point.

I bought it as a digital download so you're lucky your brother has it in disc form. I'll just stick with stuff like Genshin Impact and my sports games. lol

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm on a rollercoaster here....well, that's hyperbole...I'm just a tad annoyed.

Every once in a while I get into this anxiety wave.  I usually doze off around 9....Sleep until around 12, get up, piss, sleep until 4 and I call that fair.  But for some ass reason, I woke up with this wierd feeling of urgency.  I just don't open my eyes, it wears off, I doze back off and as soon as I'm on my way to lala land, it shakes me up again.  

Pissed at the whole thing, I just decide to get up....Maybe I'm hungry...I did skip eating, so I head to BK since it's the closest thing open.   The sky is wierd....It's lightning, but not normal lightning...Not like it's hitting the ground, it's literally going in every direction, including up...It's like it all stemming from a centralized point and into .....Ok, have you ever summoned Diabolos and he uses gravity?

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 11:00 PM, The_annoying_one said:

I'm requoting this because...reasons. I'm redownloading it so I can play it over the weekend. We'll see how it goes.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I'm requoting this because...reasons. I'm redownloading it so I can play it over the weekend. We'll see how it goes.

I’m actually on the final mission now, but I’m putting it off until I do as many side quests as possible. I’d have to say, the game has improved since this rant. I enjoy it now.

• Thanks 1

I hate this day. Dealing with the IRS for hours, working on my resume and a work project. Take a break to go get a coffee, almost have an accident. Come home and get back to work only to have my dog steal my coffee and drink it.

the fucking department of revenue says I made a mistake on my taxes, which has never happened to me before. They were unable to tell me what that mistake was. All they could tell me was that they confiscated my tax return to pay what I owed them. What the literal fuck? I have NEVER owed taxes before.

stupid day is stupid.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Man, what a night it’s been.

I didn’t have anything in my house that I wanted to eat tonight, so I decided to just DoorDash something. A little while later, my doorbell rings and I think it’s my food. It was some random guy wanting to do yard work in exchange for a few bucks. I never carry any cash on me whatsoever, and I apologetically told him so.

Then, he asked me for something to eat. The only thing I really had was an apple, which I gladly gave him. He said “thank you”. Then, my food arrived….right in front of him. I felt like a total asshole and I’m not sure why.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Man, what a night it’s been.

I didn’t have anything in my house that I wanted to eat tonight, so I decided to just DoorDash something. A little while later, my doorbell rings and I think it’s my food. It was some random guy wanting to do yard work in exchange for a few bucks. I never carry any cash on me whatsoever, and I apologetically told him so.

Then, he asked me for something to eat. The only thing I really had was an apple, which I gladly gave him. He said “thank you”. Then, my food arrived….right in front of him. I felt like a total asshole and I’m not sure why.

Nah, beggars can't be choosers. You did the right thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

About 6-7 years ago I had an ultra traumatic experience. The epic kind that divides your life into before and after and changes you as a person.

It amazes me when I encounter a person from the past that I had petty disagreements with, because I don’t have it in me to care anymore. When I see that they still have this need to keep the pettiness going, I realize that I have moved forward with my life against the odds, and they are still stuck in the same miserable place they were in way back then. I should pity them, but I don’t. Because I just don’t care. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

what a terrible fucking day to have a nose how the fuck can one person be so unpleasant in so many fucking ways this is not ok

i want to be nice. I want to be a good and kind person who isn't mean to people for merely being annoying, but holy fucking goddamn shit is it getting difficult. 

• Like 2

So sick of people thinking just because we're "family" I'm obligated to share my streaming accounts with them...."oh, you got Max, let me get the login" 

See, now you don't have HBO and you're blocked. See you at the family reunion where you'll talk shit about me....fuck you.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2