UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

If a restaurant like, hypothetically, let's say Little Caesars has a drive thru where your experience could be "order at the intercom, get to the window, pay, find out the food isn't ready yet, go inside the lobby, wait longer than quoted by the guy at the window while other people get their orders before you" maybe...they shouldn't have a drive thru window?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I try not to discuss politics very often, it's just not a pleasant experience these days, what with everything being a circus. But the more I think about PSLF, the madder I get. The only reason we need it is because funding to nonprofits got cut, and is still getting cut year after year. That impacts wages, even for jobs that require degrees. They basically took away wages that were fairly earned, then shoved them into a bullshit "forgiveness" program so that hillbillies and rednecks could gripe/brag about "paying off someone's art degree" for them.

But the math just ain't there.

My last library job had to post openings with two wage bands - one for if you are new to the system, one for if you were grandfathered into the previous, far better contract. This is decided not on years of experience, workload, success rate, etc. It's purely whether you've been in the library for long enough. You just gotta be old.

Not only did we lose benefits but we also lost, I shit you not, $10,000 a year. PSLF takes at least 10 years. Ignoring any CoL increases on top of a higher wage or potential promotions, that's $100,000 pre-tax that we've been denied.

PSLF doesn't end up forgiving anywhere near that. It's a net loss.

On top of that, we get to hear Boomers bitching about "paying for our mistakes" when they STILL OWE US MONEY.

To make it even worse, we paid THOUSANDS more in tuition, we commute significantly further because CoL is too high, and we often end up doing more work because we're better with technology. We take the shit shifts because our contracts don't limit them anymore and, frankly, working in nonprofits is an exercise in patience, at best. I'll never go back, you can't take me alive!

• Thanks 1

I’m pretty hungry but I don’t really have anything worth eating in my house. So, I was just gonna order whatever to get me by. That is, until I realized we’re about to get a rough thunderstorm for the next 2 hours. I don’t like sending delivery drivers out in this shit. Dilemmas…..

Edited by The_annoying_one
There’s no apostrophe in hours.

My sincerest thanks to Taco Bell for putting what looked like an entire head of lettuce on my chalupa after I specifically asked for no lettuce on my chalupa.

I just love food that’s completely devoid of flavor and impossible to pick up & eat without spilling it all over myself.

• Like 3

I appreciate the fact you listened to me when we signed back up with the internet service you had before we got this one. Now that I know the original internet company is shit, please listen to me and cancel it and keep the one that replaced it in the first place, especially since I'm admitting that I was wrong.

• Like 1

I ordered a single pizza for myself because I just didn’t feel like cooking.

Just a few minutes before it gets here, I get some unexpected company. They proceed to eat most of my pizza before I have a chance to protest, then have the audacity to complain that I didn’t get the toppings they wanted.

What in the actual fuck is going on in my life?! :distraught:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I found out yesterday that one of my favorite old stores is going to close for good June. Since I know I won't likely get back there for any last minute sales, I went today. Artisanal soaps, tea, a pair of socks with a swear on them, cat nip toys, a pack of sandalwood incense that my friend's apartment used to smell like. One last sit in the wooden booth in the back - it was the last place we all gathered together in one spot. One married [ but at least still lives in the area, our schedules just conflict ], one went to Canada to be treated for mental illness properly and without going into debt, one went crazy period, and one died. I feel like I'm the only one left in the group and now even the places we hung out are going to be gone. 

Already feeling miserable, I wanted to grab McD's on the way home only to find out that that particular McD's has been torn down and is now an empty lot. So tired of soup. I wanted medicinal fries. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_annoying_one said:

Not if I don’t click on it. 🤪

Now, onto my (almost) daily rant.

You can take my money as soon as I make the payment. Why, then, is my rightful refund going to take “3 to 5 business days”?

You'll click it for the weird little alien musclemen in their Chippendale collars, that's why!

And yes, I have no idea why it takes literally 15 minutes for a payment to be processed but a week to get a refund. It should be the equivalent of a reversed charge. Don't be a putz about it.

• Like 1

More TV woes.

Was finally able to pick my TV up from the shop today. Got it home and….I don’t have a power cord, even though I’m pretty sure I didn’t give it to them.

The repairman said they’d supply a new cord when I picked it up but they didn’t. I have to go back tomorrow morning and get it.

I am so done with this fucking bullshit….

• Sad 2