UnevenEdge

You guys still wanna move to IPB?

K_N

I don't think anyone should expect this to hit some magical ASMB heyday numbers. How many new people were the boards pulling in in its final years? Even hoping for some users to return might be a bit much. This place still has the same trash that gives off the same tone that kept people away in the first place. The solution probably isn't being elitist about it and kicking out users that everyone hates. But, just saying, makes it harder for anyone to want to come back to this toxic shitshow.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's inherently toxic so much as there's a need for tuning up moderation standards combined with a spate of certain drama that unfolded this past week. (But yes, some people are just assholes to be fair.)

The mod stuff is obviously within my realm of control to make a final decision on, and I think the best way to also diminish any one person's drama without having to permaban anyone (absent clear safety or legal issues etc) is to add more voices - increasing worthwhile conversation while diluting the negative stuff.

Obviously we can't bring 2005 back, but at the minimum we want this to be a place worth logging into, whether it's just a tab open in the background while at work or intense toonami discussion on Saturday nights or sports talk during the big game or thoughtfully critiquing sponge's/whomever's fanfics/writing.

I don't think it's inherently toxic so much as there's a need for tuning up moderation standards combined with a spate of certain drama that unfolded this past week. (But yes, some people are just assholes to be fair.)

The mod stuff is obviously within my realm of control to make a final decision on, and I think the best way to also diminish any one person's drama without having to permaban anyone (absent clear safety or legal issues etc) is to add more voices - increasing worthwhile conversation while diluting the negative stuff.

Obviously we can't bring 2005 back, but at the minimum we want this to be a place worth logging into, whether it's just a tab open in the background while at work or intense toonami discussion on Saturday nights or sports talk during the big game or thoughtfully critiquing sponge's/whomever's fanfics/writing.

as an 05er, it warms my heart to know that my year was considered to be the definitive one.

Sounds like it would allow for a lot more features. I don't know much about forum software and applications,

but I've read a lot of your posts detailing a bunch of ways the current format is hindering the potential for growth.

Can't make any promises, but it sounds like a good logical next step, and maybe I too can donate for it.  :fap:

Just redirecting everyone who said they'd donate to here (because I have nothing else better to do at the moment):

https://www.gofundme.com/ipb-license-for-unevenedge

Rogue[/member]

StarPanda[/member]

mthor[/member]

CAC[/member]

Nabloom[/member]

garbagepailcat[/member]

empty[/member]

scoobdog[/member]

1pooh4u[/member]

Ric[/member]

Kweerie[/member]

André Toulon[/member]

Professah Tex[/member]

Vercaties[/member]

Pretty fucking sweet guys.

Not gonna lie I felt pretty lonely being the sole benefactor of this forum, but you guys have now collectively almost caught up with what I've paid for the server so far and that feels pretty great.

Community is a hell of a drug.

FPA9fWL.png

GoFundMe says withdrawal by October 4th, but I'm gonna go ahead and purchase the IPB license this Friday out of my pocket and pay myself back with that.

I'll have to talk to IPB support and get everything ready to transfer, then I'll post an announcement about downtime to do so.

FPA9fWL.png

GoFundMe says withdrawal by October 4th, but I'm gonna go ahead and purchase the IPB license this Friday out of my pocket and pay myself back with that.

I'll have to talk to IPB support and get everything ready to transfer, then I'll post an announcement about downtime to do so.

nice

already been working with the software and its nice

https://www.gofundme.com/ipb-license-for-unevenedge

I don't care if this seems unnecessary, but it seems summoning people here will make them more likely to donate. So, here's a list of people I think are currently active (mostly from the recent logins. I know, I'm really bored):

Philosipher_Stoned[/member]

Sawdamizer[/member]

DJ Sona[/member]

Zenigundam?[/member]

wacky1980[/member]

KINOelegy[/member]

imchapp.in[/member]

mumbojummie13[/member]

Danger_Jules[/member]

Cau[/member]

OwlChemist81[/member]

Blatch[/member]

enad[/member]

Ginguy[/member]

Gina Szanboti[/member]

PenguinBoss[/member]

Azalar Hex[/member]

RPM Jr.[/member]

Jman[/member]

elfie[/member]

peppermintbutler[/member]

JeNewBee[/member]

Jeffchao228[/member]

MasqueradeOverture[/member]

Mini_Ghost[/member]

stilgar[/member]

SwimModSponges[/member]

Stardust Whispers[/member]

Still Me[/member]

ThisIdiot[/member]

BUU8800[/member]

nameraka[/member]

Sieg67[/member]

discolemonade[/member]

Tommy Rickles ?[/member]

PokeNirvash[/member]

CorbeauKarasu[/member]

HardcoreHunter[/member]

schmahxgn[/member]

scope[/member]

Sandstone[/member]

viperxmns[/member]

Master-Debater131[/member]

blueraven1999[/member]

EyeOfPain[/member]

Bouvre[/member]

Hachiman[/member]

molarbear[/member]

Skinko[/member]

SnapItCrackItPopIt[/member]

Mix[/member]

Roymustang1990[/member]

Phillies[/member]

fuggnificent[/member]

ghostrek2[/member]

1938 Packard[/member]

new_disease[/member]

little_girl_lost[/member]

Doom Metal Alchemist[/member]

Distortedreasoning[/member]

ben0119[/member]

mochi[/member]

Athena92[/member]

Top Gun[/member]

naraku360[/member]

Naraku4656[/member] 

Pretty fucking sweet guys.

Not gonna lie I felt pretty lonely being the sole benefactor of this forum, but you guys have now collectively almost caught up with what I've paid for the server so far and that feels pretty great.

Community is a hell of a drug.

So much for making it obvious. I didn't see this until I clicked on mentions. Looks like you've already collected about

3 times the goal to  :D :fap: