UnevenEdge

Positive things you do in your community

André Toulon

I was a fuck up for a huge chunk of my life......Drugs, alcohol, robbing, etc......I'm no saint by any means but we all grow up (physically) and some of us try to give back after years of taking.

I'm just interested in anything any of you do to give back, especially the people that are in the decades long of fucking up camp like myself.

I was a fuck up for a huge chunk of my life......Drugs, alcohol, robbing, etc......I'm no saint by any means but we all grow up (physically) and some of us try to give back after years of taking.

I'm just interested in anything any of you do to give back, especially the people that are in the decades long of fucking up camp like myself.

i go to work, obey the law, pay my bills, and not fuck up  :|

Well let me see if my arm can reach around to my back and not break patting myself....

1) Homeless prevention council (targeting homeless shelters, drug addiction programs with case management systems, education, food supplies, rental assistance, low income housing, children programs)

2) Arts Foundation of *where I live* (Organizing programs in the community to support the arts, fund raising, after school activities, free concerts)

3) Chamber of Commerce *of where I live* (Organizing fundraising for families in need, supporting local fundraising with local businesses that operate in the community in which they work, school initiatives OTHER THAN SPORTS, food drives, educational programs)

4) Young Professionals (This, is just like a drink fest... but we do raise a bunch of money towards non profits... I think)

5) Habitat for Humanity (This year I shingled a fucking house! Last year put up drywall, and the year before was painting)

6) MSPCA (Donation drives for food and blankets, walking and socializing with the animals, adoption drives...... they never get a dime out of me though..... they spend way too much money on compensation)

i go to work, obey the law, pay my bills, and not fuck up  :|

But see, you love to cook and like trying new dishes......You would do well in hosting like a cooking class or something.  And by no means am I saying you need to, I just think some of us have some awesome skills that we could share. 

WHY THE FUCK DOES THE END QUOTE BRACKET ALWAYS DISAPPEAR.

Well let me see if my arm can reach around to my back and not break patting myself....

1) Homeless prevention council (targeting homeless shelters, drug addiction programs with case management systems, education, food supplies, rental assistance, low income housing, children programs)

2) Arts Foundation of *where I live* (Organizing programs in the community to support the arts, fund raising, after school activities, free concerts)

3) Chamber of Commerce *of where I live* (Organizing fundraising for families in need, supporting local fundraising with local businesses that operate in the community in which they work, school initiatives OTHER THAN SPORTS, food drives, educational programs)

4) Young Professionals (This, is just like a drink fest... but we do raise a bunch of money towards non profits... I think)

5) Habitat for Humanity (This year I shingled a fucking house! Last year put up drywall, and the year before was painting)

6) MSPCA (Donation drives for food and blankets, walking and socializing with the animals, adoption drives...... they never get a dime out of me though..... they spend way too much money on compensation)

I know you're busy homie.....I kinda thought of you when I made this thread....Especially that pic of you out there with the people buiding the houses and you were the only one clean af with no tool belt >:D >:D >:D....I kid

But you know, that's because you asked and you also kind of can see what I am up to through.... ways....

Now if it was like another user here, they would stop farting for a day and claim fixed the climate.... wait, funny enough..... there are multiple users here that would make that claim... and that's fucking pathetic..

Don't know that it counts but I do what I can to assist LGBT people around me. Sometimes it's just offering them a list of resources and other times I help them pay for things they need (this is predominantly for trans people). I'm trying to be a little more proactive with trans people since they need the most help, and I'm paying for two trans friends to move out here and live with me. Gonna be taking care of them until they're able to stand on their own, so to speak. And there are an additional three trans people I am working with to assist them on vocal training, among other things.

Haven't done anything with in a bigger organization, though.

Don't know that it counts but I do what I can to assist LGBT people around me. Sometimes it's just offering them a list of resources and other times I help them pay for things they need (this is predominantly for trans people). I'm trying to be a little more proactive with trans people since they need the most help, and I'm paying for two trans friends to move out here and live with me. Gonna be taking care of them until they're able to stand on their own, so to speak. And there are an additional three trans people I am working with to assist them on vocal training, among other things.

Haven't done anything with in a bigger organization, though.

That definitely counts and even though I said community, I guess I mean any group that may have glaring hardships even if they aren't local. 

Vocal training.....Never even considered that was a thing, but it makes a lot of sense when you are referring to the trans community.  Stupid question time, I understand that M to F would benefit from this, but is it a big thing in the F to M crew?  I guess I just ignorantly think it's easy to create a false bass sound than it would be to go from a born bass to a tenor or soprano so to speak.

But see, you love to cook and like trying new dishes......You would do well in hosting like a cooking class or something.  And by no means am I saying you need to, I just think some of us have some awesome skills that we could share. 

WHY THE FUCK DOES THE END QUOTE BRACKET ALWAYS DISAPPEAR.

yeah but I went to college to cook...more accurately the degree is "Advanced pastry techniques, minor in business management"...plus I'm a fat kid...soooo I'm just feeding into fat cravings

One of my closest friends is a city commissioner, so I end up helping out by volunteering for quite a few charitable events. I've done the countys food bank donation drives and food bank give outs. Volunteer labor for many of the neighborhood revitalization projects, park building, and various cleanups including beaches, rivers, parks, and neighborhoods. Donate to local senior care every paycheck through united way. Volunteer "curator" at the art museum for many events. And I also volunteer whenever I can for any of the donation drives/charity events that the citys child abuse awareness and prevention council puts together. Idk, my mom kinda raised us doing whatever, whenever, we could help with that sort of thing. So I just sign on for whatever when someone lets me in on it whats happening or when I am contacted because I've volunteered before.

That definitely counts and even though I said community, I guess I mean any group that may have glaring hardships even if they aren't local. 

Vocal training.....Never even considered that was a thing, but it makes a lot of sense when you are referring to the trans community.  Stupid question time, I understand that M to F would benefit from this, but is it a big thing in the F to M crew?  I guess I just ignorantly think it's easy to create a false bass sound than it would be to go from a born bass to a tenor or soprano so to speak.

I am not as well versed in their transition but as I understand, the testosterone supplements they take will naturally make their voice deeper/more manly. I honestly don't think they even have voice training. MTFs are able to train their voices because the male voice box is larger than the female one and allows them to have a much broader vocal range. It can take a lot of time to develop the female voice, though, and can only be done in small increments when they first start or they can permenantly damage their vocal chords.

yeah but I went to college to cook...more accurately the degree is "Advanced pastry techniques, minor in business management"...plus I'm a fat kid...soooo I'm just feeding into fat cravings

But still, there are fat kids that can't cook for shit.  You can be their savior.

Also, advanced pastries :o.........I will need some form of documentation of this.  Mostly of the chocolate variety.

But still, there are fat kids that can't cook for shit.  You can be their savior.

Also, advanced pastries :o.........I will need some form of documentation of this.  Mostly of the chocolate variety.

this is true...given fuggs is the prime example....documentation? Chocolate doesn't mail well but I can take a picture of the peice of paper I spent $30,000 on

Buying thrift items at the library and thrift stores that specialize in donating for autism and women's shelters. Also donating at the checkout line of grocery stores. Mostly donation stuff. I gave away my skateboard for a charity Christmas drive, and usually get some canned goods to give to Thanksgiving drives.

I'm typically involved in arts communities. Back in New Hampshire I was the coordinator of my school's Writers in The Schools program.

Here in Washington, I'm still active in open mic poetry nights, supporting local artists, volunteering time to help build a new arts center, etc.

I've been thinking about running/helping run writing workshops at the local penitentiary. (Haven't looked into it, so somebody might've beaten me to the punch.)

I don't think of myself as a fuck up, but I don't give back nearly as much as I benefit from, well, being me.  The saddest part is that I could go up to a pan handler and give him or her a buck and just ask "How's your day?" and, somehow, they don't notice me so I walk on.

I chair the facilities commission at my church (building maintenance).

Volunteer for SAWS building free ramps for people with mobility issues.

Time permitting I am seriously considering volunteering as a CASA.

I'm also working on developing a work force reentry program for those who have been out of the workforce for a year or more, in conjunction with local employers, community colleges, mental health providers and community organizations such as the NAACP.  I hope to gt that going by the Spring.

If you're talking more social awareness, I've been in a couple of campaigns on social issues here in Alabama though they are never very big, unfortunately. Mostly stuff related to raising awareness online or in public about gay rights issues and legal discrimination for things such as housing. Although I haven't done anything like that in a while admittedly, personal issues prevent me from doing much of anything that I'd probably like to do normally as of recent.

I also volunteered and put up signs and flyers for Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson in the 2016 election, and donated. It's the first time I've ever donated to an election so I feel pretty good about that.

Not much at all, honestly.

We buy people sandwiches. At least, We did when We lived in a neighborhood where panhandlers were common. It's been a while since anyone has asked Us for spare change.

We make small donations to charities, whenever fast food places are doing a thing. But not to Red Cross. They're super corrupt. Kinda bummed that all the Harvey drives are being done by them.

Basically, when something is in Our face, We'll help a little. We're really shitty about seeking it out.

I chair the facilities commission at my church (building maintenance).

Volunteer for SAWS building free ramps for people with mobility issues.

Time permitting I am seriously considering volunteering as a CASA.

I'm also working on developing a work force reentry program for those who have been out of the workforce for a year or more, in conjunction with local employers, community colleges, mental health providers and community organizations such as the NAACP.  I hope to gt that going by the Spring.

You forgot you most important service jingo, jacking off republican politicians during lunch.